Northern Comfort w/ Teddy BB

AD-NorthernComfort_540x.jpg?v=1588375475

The Artist: Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

I have been SO EXCITED for this one because: I LUV TEH WOOD and Teddy BB and zomg DAT CEDAR THO.  The classic combo of sandalwood and vanilla is totally made more scrumptious with the other notes, it's so deep and sexy and it does have a manly vibe but it's like a boyfriend shirt thing - in this case his well-worn oversized soft flannel which has a lovely hint of outdoor activities.  I have the kind of love for this one which I have for Steamy Daydreams and Scribe and Teddy Man.  Definitely one I want to slather myself in for bedtime or just when I need some phero therapy.

15 minutes ago, luna65 said:

I have been SO EXCITED for this one because: I LUV TEH WOOD and Teddy BB and zomg DAT CEDAR THO.  The classic combo of sandalwood and vanilla is totally made more scrumptious with the other notes, it's so deep and sexy and it does have a manly vibe but it's like a boyfriend shirt thing - in this case his well-worn oversized soft flannel that which has a lovely hint of outdoor activities.  I have the kind of love for this one which I have for Steamy Daydreams and Scribe and The Masked Man.  Definitely one I want to slather myself in for bedtime or just when I need some phero therapy.

Really hope I get the same vibe from this you do. Bought a FB for just that kind of thing

• 2 weeks later...

This is totally woods and earth on me. I am not getting any vanilla, and maybe just a touch of smoke.  It is a very grounding, relaxing blend that is helping me to chill my nerves today. 

I am wondering what phero molecule in Teddy BB is a little difficult to cover. I can smell it coming through the perfume in this blend and in Alexi Relaxi. It doesn't smell bad at all - just definitely present, which I don't normally notice unless I'm using an UN.  Does anyone know what it might be?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hiking in The Catalina Mountains in Tucson, at the tippy top where the evergreens are cool and shady. The temperature won't reach 50 degrees. There are plops of snow left on the north sides of rocks and fallen trees, but spring has arrived, the ground has warmed, and the ground is carpeted in dried evergreen needles. 

I love this. First sniff after application is all dried woods. Fifteen minutes later there is the evergreen-covered forest floor and a whiff of smoke, as if from a warming fire inside a nearby cabin. Thirty minutes in there is vanilla, but this is what cooks call Mexican Vanilla, very woodsy and up front in the nose. This is exactly what I need to carry in my pocket 24/7.

23 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I'm hiking in The Catalina Mountains in Tucson, at the tippy top where the evergreens are cool and shady. The temperature won't reach 50 degrees. There are plops of snow left on the north sides of rocks and fallen trees, but spring has arrived, the ground has warmed, and the ground is carpeted in dried evergreen needles. 

I love this. First sniff after application is all dried woods. Fifteen minutes later there is the evergreen-covered forest floor and a whiff of smoke, as if from a warming fire inside a nearby cabin. Thirty minutes in there is vanilla, but this is what cooks call Mexican Vanilla, very woodsy and up front in the nose. This is exactly what I need to carry in my pocket 24/7.

That is just an AMAZING review!  I have to try this one.  Been having so much fun with the rebrews in this collection that the newest scents haven’t even gotten worn yet.

Edited by Snoopyace

• 2 weeks later...

I read the notes and said i am gling to love this. When I first applied it, the notes did not seem to match the description above. But once it dried down - really in just a few minutes - it was even better than I thought it would be. Like Luna says, one one hand you have that classic vanilla & sandalwood combination and that balances out the cedar and smoke. Just a great manly scent. I may have to put a slightly more sexual phero under this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Everyone!  My name is Gladen and I'm a long-time fan of LPMP but this is actually my first post here (Hello, long time listener, first time caller).

In my last order of my LPMP staples I inquired if there was any sort of scent that had the woodsy, watery goodness of Merlin's Blend but the edginess of Bad Boy.  I was sent a sample of Northern Comfort with Teddy BB to try out and asked to share my thoughts. 

On me, the Vanilla notes were a bit more powerful than anything else.  When I first applied it, the wife asked me, "why do you smell like Vanilla?"  However, the smokiness and wood notes really balanced this scent out, in my opinion, to a laid back and mellow earthy woodsy sheen with sweet overtones.  To me it has a snowy, resting, forest kind of vibe and the wife loves it.  I'm not partial to the overly sweet scents, but this one isn't too sweet smelling and it has rugged and manly balance that not only I enjoy, but drew the wife in quickly.  I cannot say that it is my favorite scent, because almost all of the LPMP scents are my favorite; so I'll have to settle for honestly stating that it is ONE of my favorites. 

Hello and welcome to this fun corner of the universe!  Thanks for the review!  

• 3 months later...

This smells very earthy and woodsy but cozy at the same time. It is supposed to be unisex but it's definitely way more of a manly scent. As a woman I don't know that I'd wear this on myself again. The vanilla is a bit overpowering at first. It settles a bit after awhile and the earthy smoky scent comes out more. The pheremones are definitely super cozy. I put this on and curled up in a blanket and started binging netflix soon after so definitely steer clear if youre stying to be productive. I'm not sure if it's the vanilla or something in the pheremone blend but this and Hush both have some undertone I can smell. It's not awful but it's not great either. I'm going to have to try to keep track what I smell it in to see if I can figure out what it is. 

8 hours ago, Closetchic said:

I put this on and curled up in a blanket and started binging

- oh my word - I put this on last night and read a book!! 

this is a very soothing scent 

on me it was very earthy and smooth sandalwood 

i felt comforted 

• 1 year later...

Mara suggested I try this one and I am so glad she did because I am obsessed! It’s one I never would have considered just for the more masculine type phero and notes. On me this is all woodsmoke and a little vanilla, it’s very grandpas old pipe vibe and oh man what that scent memory does to me! The majority of my time is spent alone and I don’t normally get selfies from most pheros, but Teddy is so comforting in a way I didn’t even know I needed. I used my whole trial vial and have just been carrying it around to open and smell while I was waiting for my fb to arrive and now I’m wondering why I only got one!🤦🏼‍♀️ My daughter laughs at me when I put perfume on just to go to bed, but she tried this too and now she understands. I already know this is going to go “missing” so I’ll definitely have to get more to hoard on my own. 

• 1 year later...

Just got a sample and smelled it right away. It is very cozy and smooth but the scent is very weak - can only smell it if put under my nose…hmmmm not sure if getting it in spray form will help as alcohol smell can overpower