Manda Panda w/ Mega Watt

AD-MandaPanda_540x.jpg?v=1588374724

The Artist: Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

MANDARIN ORANGE, TANGERINE, AND CLEMENTINE ESSENTIAL OILS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute, mental clarity.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; protection.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This is GREAT! 

I would characterize this as: "If you're not a morning person but you have to be a morning person sometimes?  Put on some Manda Panda and then you can face the day."

I love citrus scents so I'm biased in that way, but I honestly think it's really well done.  The thing is, though, it's not a dry citrus - which is kinda-sorta what I expected, I guess?  Since it's purposely meant to be a more natural kind of citrus scent.  This is very bright and juicy but also contains the natural kind of citrus sweetness rather than the sugar bombs we're normally accustomed to (which I love!) but this is absolutely unisex.  It does have that watery bamboo aura which I think really compliments the citrus perfectly.  The musk pulls everything together but doesn't intrude on the primary characteristics.  Truly a wonderful example of synergy, IMO.  It can make everyone feel fresh and upbeat and although you could wear it as an evening scent to me it just screams daytime, for work and play.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, raydee8_love said:

oh I was hoping for something like this - plus during the may1 live stream one of the guys said they would be attracted by this type of scent 

I made it because someone asked for it! I think it was you! :D

Thanks for the review Luna, I think I am going to wear some Manda Panda today!!

Sort of?  I would say Manda Panda is a bit sweeter and fresher overall.  But a similar "light and bright" vibe.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, Potion Master said:

I made it because someone asked for it! I think it was you! :D

ooohhh yeah!!!  - wow - fantastic - we are all going to love it - perfect for summer

cant wait for my package!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Me: Today, I'm going with Manda Panda

BF: I dated her once

AHAHA!  Too funny. :Emoticons10311:

This may be unisex, but I'm claiming it for myself! It's hard to test all these new scents during allergy season and while wearing masks, but I'm in on this one. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, Eastwood22 said:

Me: Today, I'm going with Manda Panda

BF: I dated her once

The Manda Panda story is a good one. She was a preacher's daughter, Manda Panda was her screen name. BF used to sneak in and out of her bedroom window when they were teens.

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

The Manda Panda story is a good one. She was a preacher's daughter, Manda Panda was her screen name. BF used to sneak in and out of her bedroom window when they were teens.

Haha, love it.  I could totally see this as a ballad called “Manda Panda” that starts with the line, “She was a preacher’s daughter...” 

this also reminds me of reviews where people say “If this scent were a person, she would be...”. I always love those descriptions. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the vial I could smell a lot of bamboo which can get stabby on me, so I put it aside for awhile hoping it would settle. Now that I’m wearing it on skin, it’s much more wearable for me with the citrus and especially the Musk. I love a green musk combo. The citrus fades really fast which was to be expected with any citrus but even more so with EOs.  Very wearable scent for everyone. Really nice for spring/summer. Great idea pairing this with Mega Watt!

• 2 weeks later...

Manda Panda is perfect for summer 2020. It is orange-iee without being a glass of juice

It's light , it's not sweet, it's very fresh and clean

Mega watt makes it perfect for :pick -me -ups, start of the day and adding to Jucy Lucy.......

• 1 month later...

I like the Mega Watt  which woke me up immediately once I put it on after a nap but the scent is just a little itchy in the nose for me. (Sometimes I react to citrus that way.) Fortunately, it's pretty nice once it has a little time to wear and since I wore it fresh in a confined space (a car) I think it might work pretty well under other circumstances. 

I can't say much about notes because they tend to blend together for me but both the scent and the Mega Watt were invigorating. 

I was initially a little hesitant about this one as it seemed a little feminine to me. When I first put it on (wet), it seemed a very sweet combination of the pineapple and citrus and thought "maybe not". But once it dried down it changed considerably on my skin. The sweetness of the pineapple faded way in the back. It is still there, but way in the background. The citrus is still there but not a sweet citrus. At the same time, the musk and bamboo came forward. So once it dried down, this scent became a definite thumbs up for me. 

On 6/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, raydee8_love said:

Manda Panda is perfect for summer 2020. It is orange-iee without being a glass of juice

It's light , it's not sweet, it's very fresh and clean

Mega watt makes it perfect for :pick -me -ups, start of the day and adding to Jucy Lucy.......

Mega-watt is one of my favorite phero's and I have been on the fence with this blend. Thank you for this description as I was worried it would be too sweet on me...

This is, simply put, a bottle of magic. It is all citrus up front with a bit of bamboo and sheer, soft musky drifting in, quietly. The citrus lasts for much longer that any other citrus I've ever worn. Having said that, as the citrus recedes and the bamboo and musk come forward, it never completely fades. It changes from a fresh-sliced citrus to a candied citrus, probably assisted by the sweetness of the pineapple. I am truly intoxicated by this fragrance.

9 hours ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Thank you for this description as I was worried it would be too sweet on me...

it's not too sweet - and too sweet was something they mentioned on the Live introduction of the collection-  that maybe men wouldnt like the overly sweet scents

This starts off very orange on me, but with a layer of duskiness  to it. (Auto correct changed that so many times. No, I do not mean dusk kindness or dust lines. 😛 ) The citrus fades quickly from my wrists, but lasts longer in the crook of my elbows. What's left after the citrus is gone us a quiet, very unisex light scent with an underpinning of freshness.

• 6 months later...

This is one of those scents that makes me feel like I need ALL the bottles. I remember asking if the scent of Manda Panda was at all similar to Stealing Heaven, and someone - I think Luna? - said it was a little bit similar. It's definitely similar enough that I literally want ALL the bottles. All of them. OMG. Not only is the scent absolutely perfect - a little fruity, but not fruit punchy, more in a "dry" way, which I'm going to attribute to the bamboo - I think I might actually be diggin' Mega Watt, too. I'm sad that I waited so long to try it, because I suspect some of you got bottles that I really rather would have gone to me! :lol:  Anyway, I suspect I'll be wearing Manda Panda a lot soon, because it's just gorgeous. It wears surprisingly smoothly on me, and the citrusy business is sticking around, too. Love, love, love. ❤️ 

This is my first time wearing Mega Watt, but so far, so good! I definitely felt a little lift in energy, and even felt a little woozy for a few minutes. While I could easily have sat back on the sofa and watched something engrossing on my computer, I actually got up and got started on a job that I've been avoiding for weeks, AND, the job is almost done! Maybe it doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, like, "gee, you got up and did something, big deal". I know. :lol:  But I have serious issues with motivation and procrastination, so the fact that I actually got up to start the job in the first place is a freakin' miracle, but the fact that it's almost done blows my mind! Yeah, I took a couple of breaks, 'cause it's a boring job, but I got right back to it, and now all that's left to do is to pack up the bag I stuck all the garbage in, & put it in the truck to take it to the dump. However, given that it's -16C where I am right now, I think I'll wait until morning when it's a balmier -11 or something, because I hate it when my nostrils stick together.   

• 4 weeks later...

Found this earlier tonight after I'd been searching the forum for something to help my bride focus a bit better with her fibromyalgia.  I happened to have a sample vial of this and one of Kahve.  She thought Kahve was a bit too masculine smelling on her but she likes Manda Panda and I have to agree.  Smells very fresh, very uplifting, very nice!  Now I hope it helps with her focus and if it gives her an energy boost, BONUS!