Hush w/ Balm Bomb

AD-Hush_540x.jpg?v=1588373270

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental and unconditional love.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

• 2 weeks later...

This one wanders into that same territory of vanilla musk & sandalwood that many of us love and find so soothing.   It's a pretty classic iteration of the trope, I would say.  Anyone can wear this who would want to, and it's like a favorite piece of clothing: soft and comfy and your body just instantly relaxes when you put it on.  So in that respect it's a perfect scent for Balm Bomb.

For me, the sandalwood is just on the border of migraine-inducing (I'm very sensitive to it overall) but I'm thinking that's because it's newly-brewed.  Over time I expect it to mellow out and meld with the oud.  But even with that consideration I like this - I'm really pleased with this one and Northern Comfort as far as relaxing scent/phero combos.

This is gorrrrgeous! It fits right in with my other fave comfort scents (Marsha Mellow, Scribe, etc) Balm Bomb is such a staple right now, I need a full bottle of this one, too! I can’t wait to see what this smells like on Mr Perfect 😍

i wore this the other night and it stirred up old feelings/memories BUT I couldn't connect anything - no place, no time, no people - just something - it was a really old feeling maybe something not quite a complete memory .... i just spent hours trying to make the connection - not frightening or frustrating  just something I couldn't put my finger on 

• 3 weeks later...

The scent of this is so comforting and gender neutral. It's like the perfume equivalent of my weighted blanket. Yet somehow there's a sexy edge to it, the oud/sandalwood draws my nose back in. As to Balm Bomb, I chose this over a B2 scent because it's always good to rotate pheromones and Hush was a good choice to walk me back from the ledge of my PMS depression today. I think B2 is a tad bit more effective for PMS related emotional instability, but Hush definitely has me in a good place again. 😊

• 1 month later...

This one really calms me down, which is the point I guess. It's also extremely familiar smelling. That may be partially the comfort level but I also feel like it smells like things I usually like though I can't put my finger on exactly what or even which note is doing it since I don't have a nose for things like this yet.

The best I can figure it may be oak moss? My cousin also finds it familiar and he generally doesn't like scented things.

I think this is a favorite and something that I'll have to get more of, certainly partially because of the Phero but also, the scent is definitely a winner.

There's also a weird side effect where my teeth feel funny. Maybe it's my sinuses reacting It's not bad, just unusual.

I just said to my man, “don’t forget, I’m going to make a Love Potion order soon. What is it you want again?” He said “Hush, hush hush!” It seems i’ve been told multiple times already.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the Balm Bomb is great and I like the scent overall. I get the oak moss and the sandalwood and the vanilla but I need to be careful with it. It might be the oud (not sure which bit is the oud) or sometimes herbal scents or woody scents are a problem (oak moss, sandalwood) so I can sneeze a bit if I take in too much. Definitely a scent for the wrists or maybe even back of knees, at least on me. Head is a bad idea.

• 5 months later...

I'm curious as to what he means by that because scent-wise they're quite different: Smooth Operator is basically a coffee musk while Hush is more of a masculine unisex take on vanilla-sandalwood.

17 hours ago, luna65 said:

I'm curious as to what he means by that because scent-wise they're quite different: Smooth Operator is basically a coffee musk while Hush is more of a masculine unisex take on vanilla-sandalwood.

Really, no idea, and I can’t ask because he’s asleep again. I’m wondering if he got it confused with another of the stained glass window labels? Perhaps he meant Open Windows? I know he has a few from that release. 

@luna65 I asked him the other day in the morning. He put Smooth Operator on one wrist, and Hush on the other, and had me smell them. "See?! This one is more peppery," (Smooth Operator arm), "and this one is more smooth," (other wrist), "but they're very similar!" He was triumphant and we left it at that. Now, this was at fresh application, maybe he was also smelling the a-nol or some other male phero under the scent? 

Interesting...I guess I'll have to do a side-by-side myself now.  I do know they weren't constructed to be similar, at least.  But because they're both musk-based I can see why they might turn out that way on someone's chemistry.  Interesting also that the vetiver in Smooth Operator makes him think of pepper.

ETA: so this was just for the sake of my own curiosity; I mean, I totally get why he prefers Hush, because it's so comfortable-smelling, and it's meant to be.  There's just something about that vanilla musk-sandalwood combo that is like a universal trigger, I think.  Smooth Operator is more of a bold scent, although for me the combo of the coffee and myrrh is so purr-worthy.  I don't think I get as much of the vetiver, so I'm not reading it as peppery.  And it's also got Heart-Throb, so the phero itself is going to be more noticeable.