AD-Hush_540x.jpg?v=1588373270

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental and unconditional love.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

• 2 weeks later...

This one wanders into that same territory of vanilla musk & sandalwood that many of us love and find so soothing.   It's a pretty classic iteration of the trope, I would say.  Anyone can wear this who would want to, and it's like a favorite piece of clothing: soft and comfy and your body just instantly relaxes when you put it on.  So in that respect it's a perfect scent for Balm Bomb.

For me, the sandalwood is just on the border of migraine-inducing (I'm very sensitive to it overall) but I'm thinking that's because it's newly-brewed.  Over time I expect it to mellow out and meld with the oud.  But even with that consideration I like this - I'm really pleased with this one and Northern Comfort as far as relaxing scent/phero combos.

This is gorrrrgeous! It fits right in with my other fave comfort scents (Marsha Mellow, Scribe, etc) Balm Bomb is such a staple right now, I need a full bottle of this one, too! I can’t wait to see what this smells like on Mr Perfect 😍

i wore this the other night and it stirred up old feelings/memories BUT I couldn't connect anything - no place, no time, no people - just something - it was a really old feeling maybe something not quite a complete memory .... i just spent hours trying to make the connection - not frightening or frustrating  just something I couldn't put my finger on 

• 3 weeks later...

The scent of this is so comforting and gender neutral. It's like the perfume equivalent of my weighted blanket. Yet somehow there's a sexy edge to it, the oud/sandalwood draws my nose back in. As to Balm Bomb, I chose this over a B2 scent because it's always good to rotate pheromones and Hush was a good choice to walk me back from the ledge of my PMS depression today. I think B2 is a tad bit more effective for PMS related emotional instability, but Hush definitely has me in a good place again. 😊

• 1 month later...

This one really calms me down, which is the point I guess. It's also extremely familiar smelling. That may be partially the comfort level but I also feel like it smells like things I usually like though I can't put my finger on exactly what or even which note is doing it since I don't have a nose for things like this yet.

The best I can figure it may be oak moss? My cousin also finds it familiar and he generally doesn't like scented things.

I think this is a favorite and something that I'll have to get more of, certainly partially because of the Phero but also, the scent is definitely a winner.

There's also a weird side effect where my teeth feel funny. Maybe it's my sinuses reacting It's not bad, just unusual.

I just said to my man, “don’t forget, I’m going to make a Love Potion order soon. What is it you want again?” He said “Hush, hush hush!” It seems i’ve been told multiple times already.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the Balm Bomb is great and I like the scent overall. I get the oak moss and the sandalwood and the vanilla but I need to be careful with it. It might be the oud (not sure which bit is the oud) or sometimes herbal scents or woody scents are a problem (oak moss, sandalwood) so I can sneeze a bit if I take in too much. Definitely a scent for the wrists or maybe even back of knees, at least on me. Head is a bad idea.