Crystal Currents w/ Audacious

AD-CrystalCurrents_540x.jpg?v=1588367666

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

The other times Mara has combined grapefruit and red currant - Voodoo Valentine and Elan Vitale - it produced a really tangy bright enlivening sort of vibe, which is exactly why I love that particular combination.  But with this scent, the sweet notes really do provide a particular kind of sparkling delicacy overall.  I adore grapefruit because it's so upbeat and the combination of all the types makes it really three-dimensional, juicy and refreshing, tart and sweet at the same time.  It's such a perfect kind of pairing, at least for me.

This just begs to be sprayed all over before going out into a day you know is going to be really warm, ready to take on whatever you have to deal with and looking for something fun to do as well.

I had to try this one first and I am not disappointed! There's something about this combination of grapefruit and currant that reminds me of Fresca soda? But the current has been dominant on me the whole entire time of wearing? I like it and I think this is the first time  I got a selfie from Audacious. Felt a kind of happy and super confident vibe. 

The open is all bright tangy grapefruit and the darker zing of currant. It stays cheery and somewhat bright but also softens rather dramatically pretty quickly. The marshmallow reads as pillowy and almost powdery in feel. Doesn’t smell strictly powdery but that dry feel of powder with the softness. Really lovely! I think I will wear this often this season.

• 2 months later...

Happy in a bottle! You cannot help but feel a spring in your step, and feel a smile spread across your face when you wear this. The citrus wears like a pink grapefruit, which plays nicely with the marshmallow-which-balances, but in no way diminishes the brightness of the red currant. Been wearing this around the house, and finding myself humming.

Wet in the bottle, this smells like pink champagne to me, including that sort of 'sparkling' sensation against the nose. 

On dry-down, I get spa-like marshmellow-y goodness, reminds me of some of the Easter offerings from LPMP. 

Over the years I've tried and retried Audacious, I get no selfies and suspect the blend is similar to my own phero signature. 

If you're nervous about trying a female phero blend for  the first time, you can't go wrong with this one !