Adam's Nectar 2020 w/Love God

AD-AdamNectar2020_540x.jpg?v=1588368488

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

Of the rebrewed men's releases this month, this one actually reminds me the most of the original scent with Girl Nip being a close second.  If you were a fan of the original Adam's Nectar scent I highly recommend checking this one out as well.  Really great scent that is very well blended (but aren't all of @Potion Master's) scents?)  I really pick up the apple, the maple and the alcohols first.  As it has dried down, I am starting to pick up more of the tobacco and amber but the apple and maple really stay strong.  Oh yes, this is very, very, nice indeed!  

I wanted to do a comparison with the original because I think this is a really great scent in general (but let's consider who dreamed it up, after all) and I was sad I couldn't get a bottle but also glad it turned out to be as popular overall as it was.

Trial vial:

They smell pretty darn similar although I would say the original - because it's had a year to age - comes off more well-blended...ahh so good!

Wear:

Original: this still smells the same as when I originally experienced it, that robust nuanced pipe tobacco/resin sweetness with a subtle fruit note threaded throughout.

Rebrew: I get more fruitiness in this one?  Yeah I do!  I would say it's somewhat less intense overall, which is probably attributable to being newly-brewed, maybe due to some of the sources, but I think anyone who loves the original and burned through a bottle or two (*looks at Mark*) :P will be happy with this rebrew for sure.

6 hours ago, luna65 said:

Wear:

Original: this still smells the same as when I originally experienced it, that robust nuanced pipe tobacco/resin sweetness with a subtle fruit note threaded throughout.

Rebrew: I get more fruitiness in this one?  Yeah I do!  I would say it's somewhat less intense overall, which is probably attributable to being newly-brewed, maybe due to some of the sources, but I think anyone who loves the original and burned through a bottle or two (*looks at Mark*) :P will be happy with this rebrew for sure.

I have to agree completely with this assessment.  On me it is a bit more apple forward than the original but I really think that is just fine by me!  I am ecstatic with how this has turned out.  I think anyone who wears this will be getting plenty of positive attention. 

I don't have as keen of a nose as you all, so an hour in, it smells the same as the original to me. Maybe it's a tiny bit more "sheer?" My man, the nose, immediately said that it was sweeter than the original when he first put it on. I'm very happy with this one and will prob grab another bottle for him soon!

• 2 months later...

I have been wearing this a couple days now (as I usually do before I do a review) and my take on it is almost the exact opposite of @luna65& @Snoopyace. I actually like this better than the original. The original started and stayed very apple, very sweet, on my skin. This one dries down much less apple & sweet - the apple & the sweetness are still there but not as strong. The amber seems to come through much stronger on this one and the tobacco does not blow up on my skin the way it sometimes does. Plus you get the Love God blend in this one. 

• 3 weeks later...

My man put this on this morning, said, “ummmm. Smell me.” 

I said, “Adam’s nectar? It’s so good. I can’t believe you didn’t let me get you a back-up in the Sale.... I mean, for your back-up.”

It is that smooth, if a man only wanted to go with one scent for the rest of his life, this would be a great choice. Not that any man on this forum is that guy! 

44 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

My man put this on this morning, said, “ummmm. Smell me.” 

I said, “Adam’s nectar? It’s so good. I can’t believe you didn’t let me get you a back-up in the Sale.... I mean, for your back-up.”

It is that smooth, if a man only wanted to go with one scent for the rest of his life, this would be a great choice. Not that any man on this forum is that guy! 

Glad he's liking it!  I personally love BOTH brews of this and wear it often.  My bride likes it too and I really do get a lot of compliments on it.

• 5 months later...

My boyfriend tried this out this weekend and it smelled so good on him. I like the sweeter, masculine scents. The phero was also a win. It's the first time I've gotten to experience Love God on a love interest and I liked how giggly I was and playful we got. (Sorry if that sounds cheesy, but it be what it be.) I might surprise him with a bottle of the 2021 brew.

4 minutes ago, Beccah said:

My boyfriend tried this out this weekend and it smelled so good on him. I like the sweeter, masculine scents. The phero was also a win. It's the first time I've gotten to experience Love God on a love interest and I liked how giggly I was and playful we got. (Sorry if that sounds cheesy, but it be what it be.) I might surprise him with a bottle of the 2021 brew.

Hooray!  Glad you liked it.  Sounds like your reaction was EXACTLY what I was going for with that blend.  It's a lot of fun! :Emoticons10311:

• 2 months later...

I third that observation.  I've noticed that it definitely has some staying power.  Not a bad thing since it smells so nice.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up, on the Etsy site, both 2019 and 2020 Adam’s Nectar are in the Going Going Gone section. 

15 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Just a heads up, on the Etsy site, both 2019 and 2020 Adam’s Nectar are in the Going Going Gone section. 

*drops to knees*

’Noooooooooooo!’

Oh but YOU have had a definite hand in those fast-moving sales, my dude.  You are this fragrance's best promoter, and of course you would be, right? :thumbup: