Goddess of the Blue Moon 2020 w/ LFM

AD-GotBM2020_540x.jpg?v=1588360914

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BAMBOO ~ Fertility, wisdom, feminine energy. Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this fragrance is so beloved and I respect that, but it's not my thing at all.  Still though, I'm always interested at how a scent evolves in the rebrew process.  I've written some brief "vertical" type of reviews previously where I chronicle an entire multi-year run of an LP.

So I'm comparing this to the 2018 version and I would say they're similar but this version is softer than previous.  The '18 has a pointyness to it where I think maybe the lily and bamboo are the strongest notes,  whereas I feel like in the new version there's more of a floral accord happening where it all mingles together, like there's more musk, maybe?  In this version I get more of a lunar vibe, honestly - like wandering in a garden on a full moon night and when you reach the koi pond at the center you are transfixed by the reflection of the moon in the water and all the sounds of the night and the cool wet smells upon the air.

• 5 months later...