Fleur de Nuit w/ Leather

AD-FleurNuit_540x.jpg?v=1588360520

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental and unconditional love.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

Many loyal fans of our Crayons Collection: Carbon Black fragrance have pleaded for its return and we now present a variant of that dusky favorite, so mysteriously enticing, a flower which fully blooms within the heart of the night, with secret delights known only to those curious enough to venture into the shadows...black and velvet orchid oils, black musk and black amber attars, Arabian oud, civit-type honey and animalic musk wrapped within a dark resinous wood blend and a plush layer of oakmoss and powdered sugar. The perfect pheromone blend for this scent was selected: our exclusive LEATHER mix. Clearly “alpha” in signature, but they’ll be no mistaking you’re all girl underneath the dominant exterior! 

Carbon Black is in my top 3 LPs, and I have two bottles that I cherish 🥰

This is very similar. I will have to do a side-by-side at some point,  but Fleur de Nuit feels a little more “sparkly”. Leather is my favorite phero, so I definitely need a full bottle of this! I love it!

Since this is a variant with different sources I'm treating it as its' own thing.

This starts out very softly resinous, but totally dark.  In that way it reminds me of Spark in the Dark - like it's a similar concept.  And I like that aspect very much, that it is deep dark notes but made so velvety, because as much as I'm usually in favor of those kinds of things there are times I feel overwhelmed when I actually smell them.  I always love the idea of dark resinous musky scents, but sometimes the actuality is not my thing.  But this is totally lovely, aaaah!  As this wears on me the orchid slowly emerges, but it's not particularly prominent, just one thread among many, and that's fine as the whole is utterly harmonious.  It becomes rather more perfume-y but not in a bad way, more like a sophisticated high-end fragrance thing.  I feel like I would wear this as often as I do wear Carbon Black, like when I'm in the mood for something dark; and I do enjoy florals crafted in this way as well, sometimes.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for making a dark LEATHER creation without actually adding the leather note. I have a strong childhood association in a bad direction with that note. It always takes me back to how nauseous I used to get in hot cars with leather seats. So that causes me to be always very cautious when I first sniff a new Leather creation.

This to me has all the super sexy, slightly dangerous connotations that a woman wearing this phero should have....without  triggering me at all. Hubby says: "Oh wow, that is sexy" and can pick out the oud note - which is quite remarkable for him. To me it's all orchid and honey surrounded by a cloud of dark musk. Not sensing any amber except perhaps to pull the ingredients together.  

This is drop-dead sexy to me. Again, thank you !

I love that this blend has no leather in it, I think that is what makes it so great...I'm a huge ORCHID fan and I knew I had to get a sample of this and it has not disappointed me. The honey is this is light and does not smack you in the face. I love how sophisticated this blend is on me. All of the notes go beautifully together and this is a really wonderful scent

Well the reason there's no leather accord in Fleur de Nuit is because there was no leather accord in Carbon Black, and this is a variant of that fragrance (which is noted in the description).  The reason we selected the Leather phero is because it seemed most congruent to the mood of the fragrance itself.  It has nothing to do with leather as a fragrance note at all.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, luna65 said:

It becomes rather more perfume-y but not in a bad way, 

Lol, literally my first note to myself said, "More perfumey than usual, but not in a bad way."

So, more perfumey than usual, but not in a bad way. ;) This is definitely not a daytime scent. It's rich, dark and sensual.  If this was unphero'd, my first instinct would have been to pair it with Sexpionage or BI, but I understand why Leather was chosen.

I'm not sure if it's the phero or the scent (probably  both), but this has a sense of power. The woman who wears this is very collected. Never harried. I'mreminded of when a character in a movie is the head of an illegal organization. It shows them sitting in low light, tucked away in a corner booth, surrounded by heavies, with only an occasional nervous petitioner approaching. You know that power resides there and major deals are being done. This is the female version of that. Tantalizing, but also dangerous. 

I kept wanting to inhale deeply.  There is a touch of powderiness, but it is in the background.  More of an after effect. The sense of what lingers. It creates more of a smoky impression. Not so much baby powder. It's not a loud scent, but it is not in any way a timid scent. You have to own it. Hah, in both senses! I definitely plan to buy a bottle. 

On 8/8/2020 at 7:04 AM, greenappletart said:

Lol, literally my first note to myself said, "More perfumey than usual, but not in a bad way."

So, more perfumey than usual, but not in a bad way. ;) This is definitely not a daytime scent. It's rich, dark and sensual.  If this was unphero'd, my first instinct would have been to pair it with Sexpionage or BI, but I understand why Leather was chosen.

I'm not sure if it's the phero or the scent (probably  both), but this has a sense of power. The woman who wears this is very collected. Never harried. I'mreminded of when a character in a movie is the head of an illegal organization. It shows them sitting in low light, tucked away in a corner booth, surrounded by heavies, with only an occasional nervous petitioner approaching. You know that power resides there and major deals are being done. This is the female version of that. Tantalizing, but also dangerous. 

I kept wanting to inhale deeply.  There is a touch of powderiness, but it is in the background.  More of an after effect. The sense of what lingers. It creates more of a smoky impression. Not so much baby powder. It's not a loud scent, but it is not in any way a timid scent. You have to own it. Hah, in both senses! I definitely plan to buy a bottle. 

I purchased the sample of this when it came out and went nuts (LOL) over it... love this one so much and get not wait to get a full bottle

• 4 months later...

My sample is now 6 months old and this has aged beautifully. I swear I smell a bit of violet in there. Even with the thin wand application, this lasted an amazing 12 hours on me. I applied to give me extra oompf for a long day doing remote work and it kept me going. It has an interesting 'humid' quality to me, that was very pleasant for a winter situation. Loving the amber and still feel like I detect a 'leather' note in there that is not actually added. VERY yummy, sensual, sexy, confident, alluring scent. Get a bottle !!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Leather so I got a trial vial of this that I converted into a spray. I’ve only ever used Leather in oil but I’m hoping a spray will help me find my get up and go a little faster. :P