AD-CupidCathedral.jpg

Cupid's Cathedral

AD-PinkPearl.jpg

Pink Pearl

AD-ThatchedCottage.jpg

Thatched Cottage

AD-TunnelLove.jpg

Tunnel of Love

Oh my goodness! When I saw “new releases,” I thought, “nope!” Can’t do it now! But those labels! I’m in!!!!

These labels are absolutely beautiful.  There’s something very real about the art, like these are people I know or have met.  And I love the diversity! That is something I’ve noticed with this collection and last year’s pherotine collection- you always make the extra effort to have diverse representation in your label art, even though I’m sure it’s harder to find those images.  Thank you!  ❤️

We were just talking about that last week - I told Mara I was proud of her that she's always sought to be diverse with the artwork because, after all, she's got a worldwide customer base.

18 hours ago, Eggers said:

Oh WOW!!! I love these labels Mara! Are they all line drawings  They're beautiful! Can't wait to hear more! 😃

Watercolor or ink and brush, Eggers. They are lovely, aren't they? Thanks for all the kind words everyone! ❤️ 

OMG, I was just checking my phone before bed and just realized that these are all innuendoes!  I can’t believe it took me so long. The label art was too distracting. 😄. I remember thinking, “tunnel of love is an odd name...” And then I saw “Thatched cottage” and “pink pearl” and was like, “ohhh! I get it now!”  You ladies definitely got creative! My favorite is “Petticoat Lane” because it sounds so innocent and ladylike until you really think about it.  

On 7/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, hedgehog said:

OMG, I was just checking my phone before bed and just realized that these are all innuendoes!  

That occurred to be around Crown Jewels! 💎 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:12 PM, hedgehog said:

OMG, I was just checking my phone before bed and just realized that these are all innuendoes! 

I was like — Really????  I’m not getting all of the titles then and was thinking that I need to start researching this all on the internet! 😄

The labels are gorgeous and I love the diversity!

Did Mara say who did the artwork?  Was it Mara?

On 7/29/2020 at 10:12 PM, hedgehog said:

OMG, I was just checking my phone before bed and just realized that these are all innuendoes!  I can’t believe it took me so long. The label art was too distracting. 😄. I remember thinking, “tunnel of love is an odd name...” And then I saw “Thatched cottage” and “pink pearl” and was like, “ohhh! I get it now!”  You ladies definitely got creative! My favorite is “Petticoat Lane” because it sounds so innocent and ladylike until you really think about it.  

:lol: What's a "Thatched Cottage?" I didn't get any of the innuendo except "Tunnel of Love." Was just discussing my perpetual naivete or innocence w/ someone the other day. Like, I'm probably going to be a 100 and still not be wise to the world! :lol2:

For @Beccah

This is from https://www.metafilter.com/161325/Ive-got-yer-credentials-right-here

"Thatched Cottage" reminded me of a 19th century ballad sheet in the Bodleian Library's collection. It was called The Cottage, and here's something I wrote about it a while back:

The Cottage is narrated by a young woman, who begins like this: “Come all you rakish bachelors and listen to my tale / I have a cottage neat and snug I'm putting up for sale / It's in a pleasant valley with a rising hill above / And a crystal stream of water is running through a grove”. The chorus runs: “Then occupy my cottage, it is in good repair / It has a pleasant entrance and will suit you to a hair.”

She then gives a verse each to all the gentlemen who've visited her cottage, detailing their occasional difficulty in finding the entrance, their sometimes clumsy antics while inside and the fact that few proved able to remain as long as she'd hoped. Her favourite visitor seems to be the brave young soldier: “He marched in like a hero, the door was opened wide / His pouch and ammunition and balls he left outside”.

Undaunted by her sometimes unsatisfactory experience, she closes the song with another invitation: “So all young men and bachelors, come hasten be in time / Come and view my cottage, you'll find it snug and prime / The roof is well thatched over, the entrance neat and plain / And all who ever entered there have wished to go again.”

:smokingbun:

On 7/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, Potion Master said:

Watercolor or ink and brush, Eggers. They are lovely, aren't they? Thanks for all the kind words everyone! ❤️ 

They're gorgeous! I love them! :D 

On 7/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, Potion Master said:

Hi, Mara!  Is this your own artwork?

4 hours ago, SirenSong said:

Hi, Mara!  Is this your own artwork?

NO!!! I'm just a graphic artist. It's actually from a stock image site. I like to use watercolors for summer collections and found this artist a while ago and planned them for this summer. The artist is from Russia and goes by "cincinart" online. That's all I know!

The New Releases are now UP!

Two notes:

1) The wonderful story written by Luna continues from potion to potion in alphabetical order, and I think the site listed them backwards, so try to read them the right way around.

2) The yearly SALE is going to start in a couple of days, so if you want your order to be counted towards free stuff, wait to order until the sale starts, as orders made before that time will not be counted.

Enjoy! ❤️

:girlHeart-5:

I hope everyone enjoys my little summertime Regency romance...but yes, please - Tunnel of Love is last, so if you are reading them in order don't get ahead of yourself, lol.

Just read the notes and I. Am so. Excited. For literally every one of these! The whole collection sounds amazing. It's like this collection was designed to appeal directly to me. There wasn't a single one I was even "meh" on when reading about. Cannot wait to smell them all! And, as others have said, the artwork is stunning.

Awww thank you, ma'am!  I tried really hard to give it some authenticity while at the same time having fun with the tropes.

18 minutes ago, Usagi said:

The artwork is so nice!

Btw I just tried to checkout on the main site (all trial vials) and I was told some items in my cart couldn’t be shipped to my location (Texas). I’d love any help! @Potion Master @halo0073

I am so sorry Usagi! It's a weird Shopify glitch that started last month, and we haven't figured out how to fix it yet. It only happens sometimes, and seems to happen when there is 4 items or more in a cart, but has nothing to do with location really. Please just send me an email with your want list and I will send you a PayPal invoice and we'll circumvent this nonsense. Apologies for the inconvenience!

My email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com