Thatched Cottage

Beccah

AD-ThatchedCottage_540x.jpg?v=1596399994

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Maybe the blackberry will push it into sexy territory ? In that case, I will combine with unscented Lumina or even one of the mild sexual blends. Cause we have a honeysuckle bush AND blackberries in our yard and I KNOW hubby goes all weak-kneed at their scents. Fair is fair :)

I was absolutely bug nutty about Vardo, which was a very forward, long-lasting, ripe and warm from the sun berry, or a stewed blackberry. The scent leaned into the bramble's natural habitat of earth, grasses and sage, but the berry was the star. 

How does this compare in terms of how the honeysuckle plays? Is this definitely berry forward, or more floral?

Thanks.

Most of the blackberry oils which Mara has are rather more flowery, I believe, and that quality is obvious to me in this fragrance.  The honeysuckle is intense, but it's also like what you would expect to smell in a garden where you've got flowers and fruit in close proximity.  The blackberry has that kind of high-toned bright sweetness which does have a floral characteristic, underscored by the ozone accord.  Overall it possesses a soft intensity, if that makes sense.  It's very potent but not entirely weighty.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very floral.  I'm getting a lot of honeysuckle with just a little sweetness on top that is probably the blackberry.  Luna's right, it's like sitting in a garden on a hot day.

an atmosphere of honeysuckle blossoms, their petals heavy with rain, tart blackberries still ripening within their brambles, the sharp ozone of the lightning flash across the sky, enfolded within a soft dewy musk

(adding the description because from reading the notes above, I didn't remember that it had the ozone accord)

I can't get any honey from this, or musk. On my arm, it's mostly honeysuckle and a tiny bit of blackberry. I do get the rain & ozone, it makes it a little sharp. Perhaps after drydown, it will even out a bit more.

This will most likely be one of the last ones I sample from this collection, as my skin and berries sometimes duke it out. But I love the label! She looks like sweet Dayanara Diaz from  Orange is the New Black. (Dascha Polanco is the actress who played the character.) She had a “soft intensity,” like @luna65 describes of the perfume. She was one of my favorite characters from that series, and without spoilers, in case you haven’t had the pleasure,* was most naturally inclined for dreaming in a flower garden In the sun. I bet, under more fortunate circumstances, Dayanara would’ve naturally smelled like honeysuckle, blackberries, and sunshine.
*If you haven’t watched the series, there’s a new #covidgoal for ya’.

This one is ALL honeysuckle and floral on me. I had a totally different perception of what it would smell like - ripe, sweet, musky blackberries with a touch of floral on top. I ordered a FB because I was certain that's how it would smell.  I am going to let it age and see if I can smell any musk or blackberries. It's a really pretty perfume - just not my style.  My daughter will happily wear it because she loves florals. 

I'm getting all dewy honeysuckle and softest musk, with just the slightest suspicion of blackberry. I took a chance on a FB of this because I love honeysuckle, and I'm not disappointed! Very pretty and serene, crisp post-rain garden vibe strong. Makes me feel like I'm sitting on flowery white iron garden furniture nursing a pot of green tea. I bet this would layer beautifully with a hint of something creamy. 

This is beautiful !!!  Very forward on the honeysuckle especially in the beginning - then it softens and the blackberry comes out really so very good

reminds me slightly of Mystic dewdrop, which on me is very honeysucklely 

it is very feminine makes me feel pretty

glad I got  a bottle of this stuff!!

• 1 month later...

I get why people like this, I do, but it's not for me. It's a very pleasant scent. It's potent but not super heavy. It's very fresh. I can smell the honeysuckle pretty strongly, with the musk underneath. For me though it reminds me of a bathroom potpourri my grandmother used to have and so it gives me old lady vibes. It does smell good. It improves a bit as I wear it and the blackberry comes out more, but this one will be staying on my shelf. 

• 2 years later...

This is so feminine. I really like it despite the fact that I usually prefer fruity, or creamy, or citrusy (which is also fruity). Maybe it's the honey aspect of the honeysuckle that got me hooked on. The overall scent is humid and seductive. Reminds me of a late spring evening in the Central Park