Fancy Article

Beccah

AD-FancyArticle_540x.jpg?v=1596393298

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think this is a pineapple that a dude could wear, if he was open-minded about fruity scents in general.  Because this one is not blended to be sweet overall.  It's really interesting to think of pineapple in another context - I know we've had it in more of a "fresh" kind of scent (Summershine) but usually it is pretty sweet overall.  But in this case the sage and amber really give it a more neutral grounding and therefore emphasize the more tart citrus-y kind of evocation.  The pineapple is anchored in the center of the construction, giving off that bright tangy shine.  Conceptually I think this is more along the lines of something like Eternal Sunshine or Poseidon or maybe even Manda Panda just in terms of who can wear it.   It's really interesting in that it's so different, a very pleasant surprise.

Over time it develops a soft smooth powdery kind of undertone, it's really nice.  I definitely think it's unisex.

Interesting! We love pineapple around here, but it wasn’t calling to me, with the sage, enough to order a full bottle, unsniffed. I’m going to put this trial in his pile, and not tell him the notes. I bet he’ll love it!

@luna65 Agree. I love this one. The pineapple/sage combo is gorg. My only complaint is that my skin ate it but reapplying is simple enough. I would love this on a man, I would love it in a diffuser, I would love it in a candle smelling up my whole house! 

Mmmmm, I love the way Mara does pineapple scents.

This is a very fresh, bright, non-juicy, non-sticky pineapple.  It still wears pretty sweet rather than tart on my skin though, which I am totally more than fine with.

I think I might have to try this one again at some point. When I had it on, I couldn't even tell that it was pineapple, other than a bit of fruity-sweetness. The sage, musk, and vanilla stuck around the longest, and the drydown was nice.