Cupid's Cathedral

Beccah

AD-CupidCathedral_540x.jpg?v=1596336138

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.

I'm really surprised by this one, and what I mean by that is I didn't think I would be into it.  Lily doesn't usually wear well on me at all but this scent is SO PRETTY!  It reminds me a bit of Vampire Bait in terms of mood.  There's an equal amount of floral and sweetness and the balsam just pulls everything together nicely.  There's even a sort of creaminess happening but not a foody type of evocation, more in terms of texture.  I think lily lovers will love it, but anyone who enjoys the more feminine type of aura will also want to try it.

This one is perhaps my fave of the month next to Thatched Cottage. It was @halo0073's idea, I had saved for so many months, by the time I got the chance to do it she had forgotten she'd asked, lol. Making this one taught me something really important. You know I have had to replace my main vanillas for LP Original a dozen times over the years due to extinction of ingredients, so it has gradually moved further away from the original smell, but adding the balsam and vanilla together for this scent was like POW! There's my original vanilla! So the next time I brew LP Original, I'm adding a dash of balsam resin.

Yesssssss! YASSSS! Yummmmm! YAY!! I love this so much. I’m so glad Mara remembered I requested a Balsamic vanilla floral. When she asked me about it last month I did not remember but that’s not too uncommon for me these days but we talked and she agreed with me saying a lush lily is really the floral I’d want and omg KAPOW! I love. So glad Mara made this. Thank you! The vanilla and balsam are wonderful and rich and smooth. The lily is lush and sweet but not cloying. This is like my original first LP LOVE Sugared Lilies with LP’s signature vanilla. 

• 3 weeks later...

So here I am going through my August samplers. Wet in the bottle this seemed a bit underwhelming to me, so I put it aside as something to keep until later.

I'm doing all the things you're not supposed to do, swiping sample after sample onto my wrist, fingers, slowly running out of room. Making notes as I go, writing the phero blends on them with marker, etc. You know - processing and playing with the sniffies.

So I get to this one, go to my second hand, find a spot, and HOLY COW this thing blooms on me. And my nose-brain connection just about has an orgasm. THIS is the vanilla scent I've been craving for but could never adequately explain. I've searched for this vanilla configuration for ...30 years ? 

I'm not sensitive enough to know whether it's just the vanilla that Mara is using here, or the lily-balsam addition...but YES YES YES. This works so well with my chemistry, does not morph at all, so comforting, so uplifting, so clean and just a smidge powdery. Happy, sweet, childhood sort of vanilla. Not gourmand, not old lady. So hard to explain....sweet...innocent. People talk about 'huffing their wrists" for hours. I don't even need to. This projects easily to me about 2 feet from my wrists up to my nose with a truly minimal sampler wand application. This baby packs a punch !

I see myself using this easily on its own, maybe with some pheros, maybe with some scented cops that complement the scent. But this is just sooooo good on its own !

12 hours ago, androstenol said:

I'm doing all the things you're not supposed to do, swiping sample after sample onto my wrist, fingers, slowly running out of room.

Guilty! I do the same, but without taking notes. I do look at the label while I imbibe, though, taking a mental picture to associate with the scent. Sometimes I don’t realize I love something until months later because I ‘glance’ at them all so quickly. Or I pass them to my blood hound dog of a man (he can smell a cat pee from a block away), “smell this one,” “how about this one....” 

I love your review, and of course @halo0073 story about asking for this and forgetting about it. I’ll be wearing this one today for sure.

This one is the surprise hit of the bunch for me. I always thought I hated the smell of lilies. But stargazer lily is spicy! This perfume is soooo pretty. I couldn’t stop smelling my arm – I’d definitely like to have a bottle!

• 2 weeks later...

This is just as I imagined!

Wet I get Lily and vanilla but the lily burns off after a bit.

The dry down is beautiful where the vanilla and balsam combine to a very creamy sweet scent with depth.

I was completely taken by surprise at this one!  This was part of a generous gift (also a huge surprise!) from two amazing friends. (💕💜💕)

I’m not a florals lover. And, generally speaking,  I expect that the summer releases won’t be for me. AND I grow lilies. Lots of them. Don’t really like how the gardens smell when they’re all blooming at once. 

But this fragrance is amazing. It is so so good!  I don’t know if it can replace my dearly missed Wild Cherry (but nothing could). The two don’t smell similar in the least, just trying to convey how much I like Cupid’s Chapel. 

Thank you @Potion Master for sharing your talents and your heart with us. 

• 1 month later...

screaming and crying and running in circles this is so good. Instant all time top five. I find stargazers overwhelming in person and sometimes they give me headaches. But thanks to these reviews I tried it and it is simply amazing. It’s a dream. It’s everything. It’s girly, professional, sophisticated, approachable, sweet, warm and yet cool at the same time somehow, both foody- it put frosting in my mind’s eye - and yet very credible (not frivolous like some simple commercial foody scents can be)... I wish to bathe in this. I have no business buying multiple bottles right now but got one for now and another for the vault, and expect to one day regret not getting more.

• 1 year later...

Cupid's Cathedral starts out sweeter than I expected. It's a very foodie vanilla, reminiscent of vanilla bean ice cream. The lily enhances the vanilla. It's a very fun fragrance that makes me think of eating ice cream in the summer sun and the challenge of trying to lick quickly enough before it drips everywhere. Within an hour, the lily become equal to the vanilla in strength and this is my favorite part. After 4 hours or so, all that remains is a subtle sweetness. 

Overall, it's cuddly and pillowy, with a hint of flirtatiousness. I think it would pair well with levitation or cuddle bunny. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve been wearing this more often and it definitely smells better as it ages!

When I first got this the Lily was very pronounced and stuck with the vanilla all day but now it’s like vanilla bean with a hint of lily and the balsam background. It smells so good. This is a good one for vanilla lovers like myself.