Altar of Venus w/ Treasured Hearts

AD-AltarVenus_540x.jpg?v=1596330650

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
GUAVABERRY aka RUMBERRY ~ Celebration and good health.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

• 2 weeks later...

For me this is quite flowery, it's actually rather a bit perfume-y than tropical - probably the hibiscus is going crazy on my skin.  I get a bit of the sweetness of the guavaberry underneath but mostly the hibiscus is just ka-pow!  

ETA: I get more of the sweetness in the long drydown.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to go back and make sure I put this one on - I'm not getting any of the floral or fruity notes. At least, not really. I think I'm mostly getting teakwood - but you know what it smells like? It smells like when you go into a new age store, and you can smell the candles, and the books, and all the other cool scents, all mingled together. 

Maybe my nose is tired, lol. 🥴  I will try this one again soon. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

This kinda smells like a raw furniture store to me, by that I mean, bare wood and wide open space which I like. When it was wet I got a little floral but it dried down to a mild blond wood so I guess teak is the dominant on me. Wood scents like me but I'm surprised I didn't get distinct hibiscus and I can't be certain about guava berry, either, just a tiny bit of sweetness. Maybe that'll change with time but I like it as is too. It's really mild. 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This has blended really well after a couple hours on my skin. At first you can smell the teakwood fairy strongly but it still smells beachy. Now it smells like fruity hibiscus tea which I love. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have been meaning to review this blend for awhile now.  On me, this blend is all wood. I feel like I'm in a woodshop and when I wore it yesterday multiple folks asked me if they smelled burnt wood.  I love HIBISCUS and was hoping that more of this note would shine thru for me... I'm so bummed as I so wanted this to work on my chemistry... Lesson learned no buying full bottles till I try a sample.  

• 4 months later...

I had to come back and give another review of this blend. I guess since its aged a bit more, now when I put this on it's mostly floral with a touch of wood and the note of wood now burns off a few hours into wearing it... so glad I got this bottle in last years sale, as I love the phero Treasured Hearts...