Perfume suggestions

Olivediviner

Hello everyone!

I'm new here! I haven't yet acquired the perfumes I bought (they will all arrive in probably 10 months more, sadly) but I intend to buy more before I obtain all of them.

In short, all of those that I have bought and those that I would buy are blind buys. I'm not one to order trial vials because I love all (ok maybe most) perfumes and I'm not very choosy about them. Granted though, I have favorites, but there is always a use for any perfume.

In any case I just want some perfume suggestions, those that are still available (but even when not, I'd still like to hear it) so I could plan on buying them. For this post, I want to ask for LPMP perfumes that give you a MONSTROUS sillage. I want those that announce your arrival; ostentatious and unapologetic. There are a few moments where I like subtlety, but I like wearing my perfume as an indomitable reminder of my presence. I rotate a heck lot of perfumes but most of my faves are of this kind.

The notes themselves won't really be much of an issue, but of all the classes of perfumes, my least liked category would be gourmands. I like vanilla and tonka but I'm not a fan of sugared perfumes, though I use a few every now and then. My favorite would be musks and ambers; mostly the realm of unisex scents. Next would be aquatics, ozone, aldehyde perfumes. Third would probably be spices and orientals but some spicy perfumes I find physically hard to wear because it's painful to apply but I still do, because I love spicy scents. Other categories are more or less the same, mostly depends on what I feel at the moment, and last would be gourmands. I can actually wear animalic musks, civet and indole kinds of scents, and they get pretty mellow and agreeable on me.

Although I know I would get more sillage and throw in alcohol-based perfumes, I recently got very interested in oil-based perfumes, and these are the ones that I will buy. I have a few attars and absolutes in my collection that give a really strong and pervasive cloud, just the way I like it, and I want to know what LPMP perfumes you have tried, even if you hated them, that fit the bill.

I'm excited to hear your responses, so thank you in advance!

P.S. May pinoy ba dito sa forum? Paramdam naman kayo diyan haha!

No it's fine in this subforum.  Welcome. :)

If you want big sillage I would recommend the main LP variants for starters: Black, Red and Pink.  If you like resins, one of the Summer collection scents is really bold and sexy, it's called Crown Jewels.  If you like classic musk, then Potion Bastet may be to your liking.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:56 AM, luna65 said:

No it's fine in this subforum.  Welcome. :)

If you want big sillage I would recommend the main LP variants for starters: Black, Red and Pink.  If you like resins, one of the Summer collection scents is really bold and sexy, it's called Crown Jewels.  If you like classic musk, then Potion Bastet may be to your liking.

Thank you! I have seen you in a lot of reviews, I think in almost all that I've seen here hehe! Thank you for the warm welcome! :D

I already ordered LP: Red, but I'll probably get my hands on it next year, but it might come much earlier so I don't know. Black seemed much too dark for me, and pink might be too gourmand, but I'll consider your word for it! I also looked at crown jewels too because it seemed the least gourmand among the collection. I'm not a fan of coconut notes in my perfume which seemed prevalent in this collection. I've also really considered Potion Bastet, but I guess I wanted 1/3 fl. oz.-sized perfumes first; I'm not really sure why though. Thanks you for these suggestions!