Rum Woody

Beccah

AD-RumWoody_540x.jpg?v=1601865519

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
PALO SANTO - Clearing of negative energy, peace, clarity, blessings.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
RUM, BOURBON - (FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC0 ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

• 2 weeks later...

On me, at this point, it's all bay rum and woods.  It makes me think of a '80s powerhouse kind of fragrance.  Not any in particular, just that vibe.  KAPOW!  Totally manly, and suitable for every occasion, really - although it reads somewhat more professional and nighttime than casual.  It's rather too much for me, I think because of the mahogany - which I like but sometimes my chemistry amps it to the heavens.  Overall it dials down after about 20 minutes, it strikes me as pretty linear, but it softens in a little while.

This is definitely a QG type of scent. and for anyone else who takes his opinion as gospel. :wink2:

Omg. Rum Woody is giving me a woody! It’s insane. Very masculine. BF says it reminds him of Risqué Whisque, but I don’t remember loving it like this, and I don’t remember thinking he needed a bottle. I’m guessing a spray would be best for more siliage.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what an Errol Flynn swashbuckling movie smells like. Or, rather, I'm not sure that 'what you would expect a pirate bar to smell like if they smelled good, instead of what pirate bars probably actually smelled like' is technically a perfume category, but is in my mind. And Rum Woody very much fits that vibe. There's something in this that reminds me of the beginning of The Pirate and the Maiden, which is where I think I'm getting the association.

Rum Woody is masculine, but still remains unisex enough to wear if you don't mind wearing masculine scents. It's feminine enough to not be unwearable. I get a blast of cedar when it's wet, but it quickly calms down to blend with the other notes as it dries. It's definitely more of a traditional men's cologne scent. Hearty and rich, but not overbearingly so. There's an aura of solidity and reliability, maturity without being stale. Classic, but not staid. A hint of freshness livens it up enough to allow a woman to wear this by providing a touch of the unexpected. I think it is that hint of freshness that creates contrast and really makes it stand out.

It's invigorating, yet smooth. It has a background of spice, but I wouldn't classify it as a spicy scent.  Likewise, it has something that has an almost watery feel, but I wouldn't classify it as aquatic. (Though I think that may be part of what's giving me pirate bar vibes. That and the wood.) (And spice.) In both cases, I think the other notes shape the character more. I would love this on a guy, but I also love it on me. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, luna65 said:

It makes me think of a '80s powerhouse kind of fragrance. 

I guess I am just a sucker for these scents! @luna65 says it's got that KAPOW vibe, and I'm like - "I’m guessing a spray would be best for more siliage." I've ordered both this and Conjurer boosted with The Love God because I need a little more drama and intrigue in my life. I've been sitting here on the sofa with my man for 255 fucking covid days. But who's counting?

I also bought a pherotine of TLG and maybe I'll slip it into his unphero'd scents. @Snoopyace I will keep you posted!

4 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I guess I am just a sucker for these scents! @luna65 says it's got that KAPOW vibe, and I'm like - "I’m guessing a spray would be best for more siliage." I've ordered both this and Conjurer boosted with The Love God because I need a little more drama and intrigue in my life. I've been sitting here on the sofa with my man for 255 fucking covid days. But who's counting?

I also bought a pherotine of TLG and maybe I'll slip it into his unphero'd scents. @Snoopyace I will keep you posted!

Alriiiiiight!  Sounds like fun!