Platelet Punch

Beccah

AD-PlateletPunch_540x.jpg?v=1601853863

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
BLACK RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
RED CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

This starts out very tangy, but I like it - I find currant in general to be a very uplifting kind of fragrance note.  After a time I get the chocolate/vanilla thing happening underneath.  In a way this reminds me a bit of Love at First Bite but a much more refined and nuanced version of the idea.  I have loved all the "scary berries" Halloween-themed scents which Mara has created over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had this on all day, the long amber chocolate dry-down with the currant on top is truly haunting. I just grabbed the trial with no memory of the notes, suspected it would be something resin-y, like Blud, from the name. I did get that holiday dark fruit drink / fancy punch, almost but not quite fizzy, feeling. Seven hours later, I’m still getting consistent whispers floating up, the ones that made me kept wondering for the first two hours (I was either driving or masked), “What is that compelling scent? Is that me?” Indeed it was, and still is. I’m guessing it’s the amber that holds it down and makes it a curiosity for me.

This isn’t one of those “I must have this thing!” scents for me, I bet it’s a slow creeper, and will go in and out of my cart a few times, just like I just got around to ordering two of last years sleeper Weenies and now my man must have Samhain. Bet I’m still seeking it out and smelling my wrist this evening!

Edited by Eastwood22

Ahhh...this smells great in the bottle. Reminded me of A Touch Of Cerise. A festive, Christmasy punch! 😊 I like the combination! 

However, I put it on, got the initial fruity blast and it promptly disappeared. I put on more. Fruity blast that sadly didn’t last. 

Later, I got what I thought was red clover, but smelled sort of like tea to me. I had to really concentrate to get chocolate now realizing that cocoa is a soft, powdery note. 

Sadly, on my shirt the festive punch was intact.☹️  Why did it disappear on my skin???😭 I notice I’ve been having problems with amber disappearing into me even with the permanent LPs lately. 

If it didn’t disappear I’d be in love. 

I'm a sucker for currant, so unsurprisingly, I really like Platelet Punch. Wet, there is a surge of bright currant. As it begins to dry down, the chocolate backs it up to give it a bit of body. The clover keeps it from being too sweet. (I find clover does that a lot in Mara's creation. It often acts as a balancer. At least, on me.)   The clover also gives it an interesting kick, and steers it slightly towards a bath product feel. It's very nice. The raspberry starts to raise its head. It reminds me a bit of a raspberry lotion that I had ages ago. Possibly b&bw, but I don't remember. Raspberry can often turn to play-doh on my skin, but it didn't in this. It stayed nice and fruity. Speaking of notes my skin can do wonky things to, the amber stayed pretty chill, as well. Through the long, long dry down, the fruit remained at the application points on my inner elbow, but the other notes took forefront on my wrists. 

My man told me, the other day when I put this on, that it smelled like the “red spray from B&BW.” As I cannot imagine when he had recently smelled such a thing, it would’ve been way before we were together, I looked up the notes out of curiosity. I cannot remember the last time I was even in a mall, and I don’t wear body sprays, so we’re talking about him smelling it on a woman from at least seven years back. From a fragrance note site: “Forever Red by Bath and Body Works is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Forever Red was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Honorine Blanc. Top notes are Pomegranate, Peach and Apple; middle notes are Red Peony, Marigold and Osmanthus; base notes are Vanilla, Rum, Marshamallow and Oak.“ Lots of reviews like   it’s bold and sultry not ur typical fruity or floral sent so it’s perfect for a night out  on the B&BW site, so maybe he’s not crazy.

Here’s the funny thing that happens to me, I keep not knowing that the enticing smell is emanating from me! The other night he made himself some Thai tea, and I kept smelling it, and it smelled so good that I became angry that he had not made me any tea. So he made me some, and it didn’t taste as I expected, but I still had the smell, and it was the thai tea mixed with the Platelet Punch! It must be the red clover?! I think I might need a bottle of this afterall, if only I could stop wearing the Candied Apple long enough to find out.

• 1 month later...

This one really surprised me.

The vanilla and cocoa are giving this a creaminess, but the boldest notes are coming across more floral on my skin rather than fruity. A sweet, floral/fruity, creamy scent. With the current, raspberry and strawberry I thought this would be sweet berries, but it's more of tart - not sour - floral/clean on me. Not sure where the red clover is.

I haven't smelled such a note before, so I likely am just not recognizing it.

Once it settles down, and melts into the skin, it becomes light, creamy, sweet and slightly floral. Very pretty!

15 minutes ago, luna65 said:

It's red clover tea, so that's likely what is giving you the "clean" impression.

Ooooo, ok, thank you! 

I was wondering if it was a "green" note? Green notes often come across as clean to me, even if I couldn't identify it singly.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, luna65 said:

I wouldn't say that about the red clover tea, necessarily, but I totally get what you mean.

👍😊

• 6 months later...