Flying Potion 2020 w/ Levitation Potion

AD-FlyingPotion_540x.jpg?v=1601847119

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
CASSIS ~ Love, fertility, abundance. Healing, money attraction, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

• 4 weeks later...

I was curious to compare this to the original Flying Potion just as a baseline.  And it's that same vibe except I think this year's version is maybe more spicy?  I get, like, a marshmallow-spice thing happening.  And a bit more of the licorice too.  I like it, it's definitely in the tradition of what made me love the original so much: totally fluffy-soft and intricate with the layering of sweetness and spice and a sort of airy feeling throughout.  Uplifting and fun as always!

ETA: in the long drydown it reminds me most of those versions of FP which are close to the original.

• 3 months later...

I got a sample of this with my first order, and just tried it today. It is amazing, the marshmallow, sweet and spicy but not overpowering... absolutely delicious! I don’t know how much of the loveliness I feel is from the Levitation or how much is just from the scent, but so far this is my favorite of the (admittedly too few) scents I’ve tried.

• 6 months later...