Forevermore

scourger

Magical Properties: Eternal Love, Commitment, Purification, Protection, Sanctity, Soothing.

Notes: Freshly turned Earth, Funereal Flowers, Ceremonial Resins.

Created by: Mara Fox

I had wanted to do a potion just to give away to my friends for my birthday this year, which falls just a few days before Valentine's Day. When I saw this enormously touching and awe-inspiring photo of the 5,000 year old embracing skeletons that were uncovered in Italy that week, I knew I had my inspiration in this image that so poignantly portrays love everlasting.

The fragrance can be described as truly Goth and undeniably funereal; wistful and evocative, but extremely beautiful and soothing too. I wanted to bring the image of these discovered lovers to mind with the scent of freshly turned earth, but also the magickal influence of everlasting love with Roses, select greens and other funereal flowers; and finally, the sense of gravitas and ceremony with Frankincense and Myhrr and other resins used for centuries in a myriad of religions for both weddings and funerals, purification and sanctity.

In the bottle: This smells like the wet earth of the basements in my childhood memories. Cool, redolent of fungus and peaceful things.

Wet: Intense mildew, which quickly turns to a strangely fresh green scent, which lasts for at least half an hour.

Drydown:The green, sharp scent may in fact be the first stage of drydown, as it lasts so long, but eventually it fades, and the roses come through. Whistful roses, shadowed by incense and earth, but powerful; the kind of roses that can't be trimmed back or uprooted.

I love the evolution of this scent. It is truely the perfume representation of love lasting beyond death and rising again from the earth. Through it's stages, it follows a burial, the first green shoots of plant life growing on a grave, and finally the flowers bursing into bloom, standing as symbols of the unending love they spring from. Another incredible winner.

Edited by scourger

• 6 months later...
Wet: Intense mildew, which quickly turns to a strangely fresh green scent, which lasts for at least half an hour.

Drydown:The green, sharp scent may in fact be the first stage of drydown, as it lasts so long, but eventually it fades, and the roses come through. Whistful roses, shadowed by incense and earth, but powerful; the kind of roses that can't be trimmed back or uprooted.

I love the evolution of this scent. It is truely the perfume representation of love lasting beyond death and rising again from the earth. Through it's stages, it follows a burial, the first green shoots of plant life growing on a grave, and finally the flowers bursing into bloom, standing as symbols of the unending love they spring from. Another incredible winner.

I received my "ashes to dust" order, and also received a trial size of "forevermore". How did I ever overlook this potion ?? :) I love it ! and Scourger, you are right on the $ on this one ! Ironically, I've started watching "6 feet under" :) (dvd rentals).