Love Potion Gold 2021 w/ Charisma 4 Women

Beccah

AD-LPGold_540x.jpg?v=1613354738

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't around when this was a thing before, so I can't compare it to the previous versions, but if they were anything like this, I 100% understand all of the raves ! This is GORGEOUS 🥰 I slathered this one right away when I opened my package yesterday ( I know, I know...travel shock - but my impatience always wins out ) & this is definitely high up on the list of the LP variants that I've tried so far. I get a lot of honey soaked grapefruit, & while cocoa butter usually pulls super rich chocolate on me ( which I love ), it serves as a creamy background here, no cocoa smell from it in this, but it's so beautiful & unique. Then of course, that beautiful LP base. And this was first day, travel shock, etc, so I can't even imagine how gorgeous this will age ! As far as Charisma, I love it in Raspberry Chiffon, & I love it in here.

It's nice having a new vehicle for Charisma. I went full bottle on this, due to the raves, & I'm so glad that I did ! In fact, I may eventually toss a back up bottle in sometime. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my warm weather go to's, because this scent + this phero ? Definitely a spring / summer happiness in a bottle scent. 

Edited by StrawberryKitten

I wore this today and really enjoyed the boost that the Charisma gave me.  LP Gold starts out with a really prominent citrus note on me and gradually melds into a vanilla-honey citrus scent. I was worried about the patchouli because my skin tends to amp it like crazy, and while I could definitely smell it was there, it did not overpower the perfume. I really enjoyed the creamy smell about 2-3 hours in. I will try it a few more times after it has settled in from traveling across the country and if the patchouli stays in the background, I'm definitely getting a bottle. 

This is soooo good! Wow! Instantly full bottle worthy! I haven’t been wearing pheros much but if this came in virgin I’d be all over it. Haven’t worn Charisma before but I might have to take that chance, this smells so good. 

*off to read Charisma reviews*

Edited by Usagi

It's been a while since I've done a "vertical" type of review, but now that we have three versions of this variant I thought I'd give it a go.

- Original (2006): Hmmm...my impression may have to do with how long this has aged, but the original LP Gold is a lot drier than I remember it being.  And I think maybe the sandalwood has something to do with that.  I do still enjoy the concept of "golden citrus against the LP base" kind of thing which it is, but it's actually less creamy than I remember.  So to my surprise, the first rebrew is actually a lot closer to the original than I thought it was.  Also, even after 15 years this is still quite a long-lasting scent!

- 2013: As I've noted in the review thread for this one, for a long time this was mostly patchouli and lemongrass on me.  But now that it's aged for a looooong time, it has evolved into a near-dupe of the original, IMO.  I enjoy what it has grown up to be, so to speak, and am happy I was patient with my bottle.

- 2021: Now this is more of a creamy citrus type scent for sure.  It doesn't have that dry citrus quality to it, but rather a definite juicy-fresh-bright aura.  So it's entirely different than what came before.  Definitely sweeter than either of the previous versions, but the patchouli still kind of peeks out from underneath...I wonder why it always does that.  In this case I don't think it's a bad thing, it's just really interesting to me.  I think citrus is a good foil for patchouli, that contrast between earthiness and brightness is always intriguing.

I simply don't have the scent-scrying ability that @luna65has. But that being said, I went full spray on this puppy because of my ardent love of the previous releases of this. And it's everything I need it to be !! 2 tiny spritzes along my jaw have lasted me all day. This creamier, brighter version of Love Potion Original just really fits me so well. I adore this, I need this. And thank you for the Charisma phero blend with it. Really helping me during pandemic to feel like people like me and I like them back. With so few interactions to help with my concept of self - this becomes rather crucial for my mental health and my ability to do my job remotely. Again, this is my what-if-you-could-only-have-one-scent / desert island scenario pick. Someone was talking about adding cops to this and I've done a smidge of that as well with excellent results. Even layered it some of the BAM and LAM variants - they play nice together. Have fun experimenting ! ❤️

For a long while after I discovered LPMP and then the forum, I was buying up everything on the trade boards. I ended up with many bottles that I didn’t spend enough time playing with. This is especially true of all the LP variants, my mission was to have at least a trial of every LP variant I could get my hands on. Some I’ve possibly never worn, or only worn once, if it’s a trial and I know I won’t be getting again,  (The only one I ever traded away was LP Ceremony, because I knew it was going to get the love it deserved.) I must’ve gotten the 2013 LP Gold variant in 2018, but I don’t think I started wearing it for at least a year after that. And then I fell in love with it! 

I was actually hesitant to try this new one, afraid I wouldn’t like it as much. I know the last LP Gold had lemongrass, and even though I couldn’t pick out the lemongrass, and I also know I didn’t get my hands on it until after it had aged a bit, I was afraid it would be too “different.” But no, I love it! It’s perfect! It’s got that yummy amber/vanilla thing going, warm honey, extra creamy (non-chocolatey) cocoa butter, plus enough citrus to yell “good times!” I don’t think anyone with the patchouli fear needs to worry, it’s been honey-dipped. 

I have to say, I’m so glad my man is on board with my LP obsession. I put this on in the car today, and I tested him, after he said it smelled really good and asked what the “buttery“ note was. So I quizzed him, “it’s an LP variant, what’s in most LP variants?” He said “vanilla... amber... patchouli... ... sometimes honey... ... sometimes sugar... sometimes apricot... ... and BUTTER!”

I feel like I have several different bottles of scent with this one. At first it was all chocolate,  the next try it was vanilla and milk, the third time I wore this it was Honey and Grapefruit 

Each time I have worn this it is completely different..... so complex! 

I love this scent, it's creamy it's Citrusy and turns into a creamy chocolatey summer scent. This was my first time trying Charisma and it did not disappoint.

I felt like I was on my A game. Very confident and sexy. I really like it.

I just got my FB Spray of LP Gold and I’m very excited, but I’m going to control myself and wait a week to take off the plastic wrapper. I need it to settle first so I can really enjoy it. I’ll keep playing with my trial, though!

I am so happy to have another bottle of LP Gold.  I have a much less trained nose than most, so this smells so much like my beloved 2013 bottle that I am swooning.  I do pick up a juicier grapefruit, but neither 2013 nor this version was a sour grapefruit.   It’s just the sparkling top note that pretty quickly dries down to just a sprinkle of bright over lovely cocoa butter and the buttery LP base.  God I love this so much.  I wish I could buy a case.  This scent is why I fell head over heels collecting LP.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't have much experience with the old popularity blend, but I really liked the Charisma in this. No testing on others, yet, but the selfies were nice.

Onto to the fragrance. It starts out a mixture of the earthy scratchiness of patch, the creaminess of the cocoa butter,  and the brightness of the grapefruit. Unfortunately,  patch and grapefruit are both notes that I have to watch out for since they don't always get along with my skin chemistry. While the patch stays distinctive,  even dominating, throughout wear, it doesn't become completely overpowering.  And that's saying something because I amp patch like whoa.

The grapefruit, on the other hand, came to fight. Sometimes I can wear grapefruit, but when I can't, it turns straight to b.o.  :( It's not too loud, as this isn't strictly a grapefruit scent, but I find it noticeable at the application points. However, unless this has been a problem for you in the past, it should be fine for others. Just a 'my skin chemistry' thing.

As for the scent itself,  approximately 20 minutes in the LP comes out one. It's a brighter LP. The patch and grapefruit really balance each other, and the scratchiness of the patch really calms down. This is LP,  but LP on a bright, hot summer day outside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading the reviews, I took a chance and got a trial vial. I was so hopeful it was going to work for me. For the first few hours is was beautiful. Even the grapefruit that often doesn’t work for me, stayed in its place instead of shoving to the front and screaming how it was the boss of everyone.  

Right when I was ready to pull the trigger on a FB, sly sneaky old patchouli came barreling in, and took all of the other fragrance notes hostage. 

I’m so disappointed. 😟

However, in that same order I’d tried Living Doll, even though not expecting it to be a “me” type fragrance, and as it turns out, I really like it. You win some, you lose some… 

• 3 months later...

I remember the 2013 version of this. It was one those scents that I wasn’t sure about, but couldn’t stop sniffing it when I had it on. 
Unfortunately, my Covid nose isn’t letting me get much of this one. I could smell the grapefruit at first. But after dry down, all I get is a little bit of vanilla and honey. 

3 hours ago, Bella15 said:

Unfortunately, my Covid nose isn’t letting me get much of this one. I could smell the grapefruit at first. But after dry down, all I get is a little bit of vanilla and honey. 

I’m sorry. You’re getting robbed. I hope this abates soon because this is bullshit! 

This and Living Doll are my favorites from this collection. Did you get other trials or just taking it slow at the moment?

• 5 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 3:12 PM, Eve said:

Right when I was ready to pull the trigger on a FB, sly sneaky old patchouli came barreling in, and took all of the other fragrance notes hostage. 

I never had this happen with this one before, except I was over excited and put on too much today because I love it so! Three sprays behind each ear! I kept getting whiffs of patchouli and thought it was my sweater!

On 3/25/2022 at 1:24 AM, Eastwood22 said:

….and thought it was my sweater!

Lol. It’s like,  did I forget deodorant?  Did the cat pee on something?

I miss out on some treasures due to my skin chemistry. Patchouli and maple are the primary culprits. That’s why I’m thrilled that Material Squirrel 🐿 (so far) hasn’t turned into a maple syrup festival on me. 

Edited by Eve

3 hours ago, Eve said:

Lol. It’s like,  did I forget deodorant?  Did the cat pee on something?

I miss out on some treasures due to my skin chemistry. Patchouli and maple are the primary culprits. That’s why I’m thrilled that Material Squirrel 🐿 (so far) hasn’t turned into a maple syrup festival on me. 

My demons are mainly civit-type musks and nutmeg. Fortunately, nutmeg isn’t offensive when it ramps up so I have been known to muscle through it but civit does go cat pee on me! 

• 11 months later...

While I like this in the bottle, my skin eats it all up :( I really do love cocoa butter - citrus combo and I am sad it just disappears on my skin.

I wore this over the weekend and I went with my family out for dinner. One of the waiters kept lingering over our table and kept watching towards my part of the table. When we got home it hit me - it must have been Charisma!

• 2 months later...

Wearing this today after taking a very long break from wearing pheros …probably since last year. 
This has aged really nicely. It’s very smooth and creamy.

Charisma really seems to help me get shit done surprisingly but I feel more confident too.