Idyllwild w/ Classy Dame

AD-Idyllwild_540x.jpg?v=1613351353

LILAC ~ Inspires peace and harmony, humility, youthfulness, protection.
PEONY ~ Protective, used for exorcisms. Root is a substitute for Mandrake. Happy life, happy marriage.
CAMELLIA ~ Wealth, riches, prosperity.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
AIR/OZONE ACCORD ~ Thought, communication, ideas, awareness.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

The sample of this comes in a very generous size, thank you ! 

I have always found the old Super Sexy for Women phero blend (now Classy Dame) to be a total mood lifter for me. I think I was responding to that along with the water and ozone and I interpreted this as having uplifting bamboo in it. I see now from the ingredients that this is not so. I do find the flowers to be in the background and to me this is a comforting, soft, gentle, even tender sort of scent for me, a bit creamy and green. Heather brings me back to my days walking through fields of heather in Europe. It's likely too delicate for an addition of cops. This is not "just another" flowery scent, folks. Absolutely lovely for an early morning remote work session, or even a quiet evening at home doing your favorite hobby. I hope you try it ! :purr:

Edited by luna65
Fragrance notes were added above.

I must say, the lilac attar in this one is beautiful!  It's a little more weighty overall than what I would expect a garden floral to be and that's where the "elegant" part of it comes in.  I equate it as a I AM A GROWN-UP LADY kind of scent but because of that inherent sophistication.  It's like a cousin to Fleur de Nuit.  I do get more of the freshness aspect in the vial, but on my skin the lilac really takes over.

I named it as I did for two reasons: 

-1- I was reminded of an (unfinished) story I'd written years ago with the same title

-2- we were discussing the garden aspect of this one and started riffing on movie star estates like Pickfair, so I imagined one with this name.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, this one is lovely. My first thought was that it smells like spring, but the lilac attar does have a bit more weight to it than a Spring type floral. This smells like early summer. You know, in June when everything is in bloom, before we've arrived at Satan's front porch in the heat index. 

Edited by Beccah

• 4 weeks later...

Wearing this today, it's really lovely. I'm not a floral gal, so it won't be a FB purchase, but I am enjoying my trial. I might save the last of it for a visit to my BIL's cabin in Idyllwild, CA. It seems perfect for a late summer day of doing nothing but laying in a hammock, watching birds and squirrels, and wondering what's for dinner.

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I might save the last of it for a visit to my BIL's cabin in Idyllwild, CA. It seems perfect for a late summer day of doing nothing but laying in a hammock, watching birds and squirrels, and wondering what's for dinner.

I did save it for a trip to the cabin in Idyllwild, CA, I’m here now! It’s not late summer, only late June, but it was a lazy summer day. I brought my trial to this cute little outdoor breakfast spot. I’m with @androstenolin that Classy Dame is a mood lifter. I asked my BIL if we could go to the cute little garden nursery next door, and it turned out that he had to go by there to pay for the 100 mosquito eating fish that they had just dropped in his pond. Before we went in, I saw him talking to a table of handsome (& gay) men, and I walked right over and started chatting them up and making jokes. Turns out it was the nursery owner, and it was the cutest nursery and garden store I’ve ever been in in my life. And I felt like I blended in perfectly in the Idyllwild perfume! Like @Beccah said, it smells like early summer when everything is in bloom. 

I bought some hostas and some other little things to bring back home, my BIL got some water hyacinth for his little ponds. His house is turning, as far as the gardens go, into a type of Disneyland, in the best way! Like when you’re waiting in line for the Swiss Family Robinson ride, or the Indiana Jones one, and you notice every little plant and detail and wish your yard was that well planned and maintained? And it was also a lush jungle with water features? The land round his cabin is like that. (Yes, he’s gay.)

I spent a good portion of the rest of the day cheerily fishing out leaves and stray tree droppings out of the multiple little ponds and waterfalls. Everyone was in a good mood, my man sawed some logs to mark off part of the “beach” area. And just like I thought, I spent a significant portion of the day in the hammock. 

I’ll prob wear it again tomorrow! 

• 1 month later...

Just got my sample of this one and I let it sit for a few days and tried it on this am, prior to my shower and the LILAC in this blend is not liking me... It comes on hard and strong and I was really hoping that some of the other notes would soften it up... I'm hoping if I try it again in a few days it will calm down a bit on my skin... I do have to say that my skin chemistry does not seem to like Lilac in any form, but I was so hoping that the other notes would drown it out and clam it down on my skin.  

I'm a huge fan of Classy Dame and I think that if you love Lilac and your skin loves this note, this is a fabulous blend for you....

• 6 months later...

This is a very lovely, fresh smelling floral perfume. I like it quite a lot, though I’m not sure if it will be a full bottle or not (so many things on the buy list, only so much money in the bank account 😪). The lilac is very strong on me, but I am fond of lilacs, so it’s all good.

As for Classy Dame, this was my first test run with it. I wore this out today while I was out doing errands. Now, I am pretty sure I probably didn’t have enough Classy Dame on (a line across my chest, an attempt at a lollipop and some at elbows and wrists) and maybe not testing it in very appropriate places.

My hairdresser probably had the most exposure. Usually I wear Sneaky Clean with Lumina around her. The main difference I noticed with her was she really just wanted to chat with me and seemed totally unfocused on the hair cut part. At one point, she excitedly ran to the back room to get her phone to show me pictures of her cats and siblings. She also seemed like she was in a GREAT mood. Classy Dame hitting her? 🤔 

Female cashiers that I visited were all pleasant and chatty, but I wouldn’t say it was too much different than Lumina.  Actually, I think people are a little warmer with Lumina? IDK, definitely need to play with Classy Dame some more. The teenage male cashier at the grocery store seemed, um, dazed and a bit distracted. He was also pretty smile-y, but that could just be his nature. 

Self effects? Hmmm. I was in a pretty great mood too and felt surprisingly relaxed doing my errands when normally (Un-pheroed) I would be less than happy about running around. Everything went pretty smoothly everywhere I went. And it was nice having this lovely scent following me around, reminding me of early summer on a decidedly UN-summer like day.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any (grown up) men to try this on...😖...No random men looking at me or acting differently than normal. But still, it’s probably worth getting a Classy Dame pherotine bottle to play more with it. For some reason I feel like I need to wear more, but with such a strong scent I didn’t dare put any more on.

And, as usual, it appears I wrote a book! 🙄

Edited by RosesArePink

@RosesArePink I didn’t realize Idyllwild has lilac.  Yes, it’s right there in the description, but I didn’t pay attention when it debuted because I’m not really a floral perfume lover.  I like lilac 🙂  I’ll remember this next time I want to add a trial vial to an order.    (Gotta go for that discount, buy more to pay less lol.)

Edited by Eve

On 2/26/2022 at 7:44 PM, Eve said:

@RosesArePink I didn’t realize Idyllwild has lilac.  Yes, it’s right there in the description, but I didn’t pay attention when it debuted because I’m not really a floral perfume lover.  I like lilac 🙂  I’ll remember this next time I want to add a trial vial to an order.    (Gotta go for that discount, buy more to pay less lol.)

LOL

When I first sniffed it out of the vial, I thought it smelled like laundry soap. Glad I gave it another chance!

• 5 months later...

I’m not big on florals, but this is lovely. The lilac is front and center for me. I love when the lilacs come in May, I can’t get enough of them. This scent lasts on me. I’m glad I got a sample in the sale. Also note, for some reason, this one isn’t highlighted red like the other Phero enhanced scents so you may have missed it, but it does have classy dame in it. I’m testing at home so no Phero reports.