Goddess of the Blue Moon 2021 w/ La Femme Mystere

AD-GOTBM_540x.jpg?v=1613347699

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
BLUE LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 1 month later...

Even though I'm not a devotee of this fragrance, I thought another vertical review would be interesting.

Original (2012): Over time I've come to understand why this is so beloved, because it is a elegant realization of an aquatic floral, it immediately establishes a mood and a persona in whoever wears it.  I like that overall melange of water-wood-floral which I think is really nicely balanced.  This was difficult for me to wear, however, because in the drydown it definitely takes on an aura of hairspray.

2020: This version strikes me as the most aquatic overall, like the actual scent of a lily pond at night.

2021: I think this version is actually the most floral of them all, the lotus and water lily are very dominant.  There's just a bit of sweetness to this one but the watery vibe is still there too.  It's so pretty!  I think this version will end up smelling very similar to the original with aging.

• 1 month later...