Buns of Cinn 2021 w/ Bang Bang!

AD-BunsCinn_540x.jpg?v=1613346442

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 3 weeks later...

If you love smelling like baked goods or have used philosophy's cinnamon buns body wash, I highly recommend this one. It smells amazing. The dry down is like a cinnamon pecan musk on me. It's just all around comforting.

Also side note: the cinnamon is highly concentrated in this because my application points turned bright red from it but that goes away after a few minutes.

This is really delicious! It starts out really strong cinnamon combined with pecans and a bready quality. As it dries down, it melds into the perfect, creamy cinnamon-vanilla scent.  It's warm and sweet smelling, just like I enjoy!

I bought a FB of this - I haven’t sampled it and I wasn’t sure I wanted the phero blend, but the virgin bottles seem to be sold out. But I’m so in love with the baked-goods products that I have a hard time imagining I won’t love this one. So excited to try it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of the original Buns of Cinn - forever props to Isa for coming up with such an amazing idea - and I even have a bottle of the next iteration (Crayons: Vermillion), but I was curious to see how this rebrew would compare.  The thing I love about the idea is that it's a cinnamon bun musk, and I think the original demonstrates that it's a concept/ideation fragrance.  A musk variant is always about the most idealized version of whatever it is, if that makes sense.  And Mara is really great at those kinds of scents.  Like, "this is the most *thing* this *thing* has ever *thinged*."  So the original is an ideal of cinnamon buns, but more like the idea of "What if you naturally smelled like a cinnamon bun?  What would that be like?"  And that's exactly what the original is.

Whereas to me, the rebrew is really realistic in a liner fashion.  Like if you just smeared yourself with a Cinnabon, lol.  And that's great, I love that, but it's interesting to contemplate the differences.  I get more of the nuances in the vial, but on my skin the bready-ness of it really comes to the fore.  Nuttiness and bready-ness.

As a follow-up, it absolutely exceeded my expectations! Interesting to contemplate the differences between this and the original, as I never had the chance to try it. But this is absolutely perfect baked goods and nuts and spice. Wonderful scent!

This is really a foodie dream. Very very Cinnabon in a perfume. Spicy warm cinnamon melds perfectly with a doughy rich bread note topped with a swirl of sugary icing and the pecans which are warm and toasty. The pecans are sweet but don’t go into the treacly range which nutty things often can head me into if combined with a warm or sticky sugar. Delish! 

• 1 month later...

(This is another quick review of just the first 20-30 minutes. When I have a chance for a longer wear, I'll do a more thorough review.)

Buns of Cinn is a really sexy sent. I'm not sure how much is fragrance and how much is phero, though. (Also, the Bang Bang seems slightly more sexual than old school Bang, but maybe that's the perfume. Who knows? I also haven't been wearing pheros much lately, so my lowered threshold could also be a factor.)

Regardless, it is sexy and foodie at the same time. Though, on me, it is more toasted cinnamon bread than cinnamon roll. More in the cinnamon coffee/crumb cake line. The pecans are very distinct as pecans, and that nuttiness adds some support and heartiness.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, citrine said:

Ohhhhh, this is so so yummy! Sweet cinnamon! I am sorry I missed out on a virgin bottle, this is so so good, yummy!

Nope. I am definitely NOT sorry I missed out on a virgin bottle. 

I was craving a cinnamon scent, so on Saturday I figured out I'm not going anywhere, I'll apply this. I slathered my self with it, it is so yummy, yummy, yummy.

SS4W never worked for me, I don't think I tried Bang!, haven't tried Classy Dame, so I thought maybe Bang, Bang! won't work for me. Lord, I was wrong. After maybe half an hour I felt sexy and gorgeous (in my sweatshirt, make up free and greasy hair). Watched my self in every mirror I passed by. Made my self buy red lipstick, red nail polish, sexy pantyhose and was browsing to buy red clothes. My self esteem went to the roof! I love, love Bang, Bang! So I found there were 2 bottles of this on etsy, so I hurried to grab them and a small UN that was left from Pherotine. I do not want to be without this!!!!

Haven't really worn it around much people, but I adore the selfies!!!!!! I feel sexy, gorgeous, I want to put my make up on, called my hairdresser for an appointment, I even pay attention to what I eat! Cause I feel preeeeeeeetty 😍

@citrine Damn girl! I rarely wear overtly sexual pheros, and after your review, I think I'm going to have to try out some Bang Bang!

I'm glad it worked out with the Buns of Cinn and that Bang Bang gave you such great selfies! It sounds like you've been having a rough time lately and you deserve some self care.  Plus with the red lipstick, nail polish, and clothes you'd match the color scheme of the label!

9 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Plus with the red lipstick, nail polish, and clothes you'd match the color scheme of the label

Yeah, I thought so too lol :)

9 hours ago, hedgehog said:

It sounds like you've been having a rough time lately and you deserve some self care

Thank you! ❤

I don't wear sexual pheros neither because I am single and really wasn't ready to mingle, but I liked this scent and then when the selfies came I was like 😳😳😳 I really really like it!

I have 2 virgin bottles of this because the scent itself is so comforting but damn @citrinethis is why I love Lpmp so much because you can be your best self with an added boost and self care is important! 
I do have rocket fuel with bang!bang! Which I haven’t been brave enough to try but now I want to.

LFN Is a good one to for feeling sexy too!

On 11/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, Vika said:

this is why I love Lpmp so much because you can be your best self with an added boost and self care is important! 

True! I had trouble with self esteem and I kinda let myself go, so to have something that helps so much, I am so so grateful!!

I did try Mrs Fubbs Parlour with LFN, didn't notice the selfies, I probably didn't find my sweet spot yet. I also have UN LFM on the way, which I bought inspired with @hedgehog's selfies :)

But I am amazed how I feel with Bang, Bang! :Emoticons04250:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@citrine   That’s a great review! It inspired me to pull out and try the sample I have of Bunns of Cinn. 😳 Yes, I completely agree with you on the selfies with Bang!, which I also could use these days. And the scent is wonderfully delicious. But unfortunately, I think it is now sold out?!! 😪 Should have tried it sooner...will have to keep my eyes out for other scents with Bang!

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, RosesArePink said:

@citrine   That’s a great review! It inspired me to pull out and try the sample I have of Bunns of Cinn. 😳 Yes, I completely agree with you on the selfies with Bang!, which I also could use these days. And the scent is wonderfully delicious. But unfortunately, I think it is now sold out?!! 😪 Should have tried it sooner...will have to keep my eyes out for other scents with Bang!

There is Rocket Fuel w/Bang. And maybe there will be a new scent soon, if I am not mistaking Pherotine is next month, I think? Buns of Cinn smell so so so good and yummy! :)

@citrine

Ah, Rocket Fuel. I have a sniffy of it, but I’m not quite sure about the scent. It’s very maple-y on me. Buns of Cinn really is especially yummy. Oh, so there might be some new scents coming out soon? That’s always exciting.

Also I was reading around the forum and came across a comment (sorry, don’t remember where I I saw it now) that ranked Bang! as more sexual than Sexology? With a name like Sexology, one would think it’s pretty sexual! Don’t have a guy around so I have no idea how Bang! (Or Sexology) would effect them.

Edited by RosesArePink

@RosesArePink Rocket Fuel didn’t work for me either due to the maple. It ends up smelling somewhat like antifreeze on my skin. First time I tried it I was running errands, and I pulled over at a service station because I was convinced my jeep had blown a hose.  😳  

Mara usually has an annual Pherotine release that happens in or around  February. If she does it this year, you can get the smaller size of Bang Bang, (that I am assuming is the same as Bang) and use it with whatever non phero fragrance you have.  Those little pherotine bottles can stretch a long way! 

On 1/21/2022 at 4:13 AM, RosesArePink said:

Also I was reading around the forum and came across a comment (sorry, don’t remember where I I saw it now) that ranked Bang! as more sexual than Sexology? With a name like Sexology, one would think it’s pretty sexual! Don’t have a guy around so I have no idea how Bang! (Or Sexology) would effect them.

I haven't tried Sexology. I wear Bang to work because of the selfies (there are only older women there and two men, but we all wear masks so not sure if anyone can smell pheros). 

There is a pherotine from last year if I'm not mistaking: https://lovepotionperfume.com/products/pherotine-bang-bang-for-women-pheromone-blend?_pos=2&_sid=32ac860ef&_ss=r

Thanks @citrine !  Next time I put in an order I’ll have to pick up a pherotine bottle. I just put in an order a few days ago, so hopefully they’ll still be around whenever I order again.

@Eve  I guess I’m more of a CinnaBun fan. Full disclosure: in college I worked at a department store in a mall that was right next door to a CinnaBun shop. Fond (and tasty) memories.  I do like maple and really, really wanted to like the RF, but it’s all maple on me (and, yeah, I can see the antifreeze...very sweet scent). Well, maybe sometime  in the future Buns of Cinn will come back?

In the meantime, I’ll anxiously wait for the new releases (whenever they get here). 😊