Kahve w/ Mega Watt

AD-Kahve_540x.jpg?v=1613337708

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured I would love this because I love Pashazade and I love coffee fragrances so it's pretty much My Thing...and it is!  The coffee aspect is right in the center and it's on that edge between earthy and gourmand.  I say "gourmand" because there's a hint of sweetness but only just, this is definitely a male take on a coffee scent.  The spice blending is what is really reminiscent of Pashazade to me, it's enlivening but not overwhelming.  The vanilla provides a bit of a clean finish, actually, which I like very much.  Smooths it all out, very wearable overall.

So I recommend this to anyone who loves Pashazade or is interested in "boy coffee" things, heh.  And I think it's a nice way for guys to rock some Mega Watt when they feel they could use it.

I agree with Luna.  Beautiful coffee, but,  definitely a male scent.  It smells very posh, and I mean that in a good way. Even though I left the mass produced perfumes behind some time ago, this would do well at the counter of high end department stores.  I think it will  appeal to many. 

• 2 weeks later...

@eve it's certainly appealing to me right now at 11 PM ! I'm going from sample vial to sample vial, just had Odalisque in my hand which of course caused the usual olfactory arousal. And then this gorgeous palate cleanser ! I seriously want to lick the bottle. I will have to try again without sniffing cops first, but man this stuff wakes me up in the most delicious way. Reminds me of the Teeccino dandelion coffees I've been drinking in the evenings, they are no-caf and come in some delectable flavors. I am all over this. Full bottle for me !

• 2 years later...

I noticed there are not many fragrances on LP with a coffee note in it.

To me it wears close to skin and is wonderful. The coffee and cream blends beautifully. My skin tends to elevate even slight bitterness in many fragrances so have to pass on this. Will be looking out for a mocha type of a fragrance

• 1 month later...

I had to check if this has lime or something citrusy because I'm getting that note when it's on my skin. For the initial few seconds upon application, I get the nice, bitter coffee. But then comes forward this citrusy scent that reminds me of washroom cleaning tablets! 😭 I thought that was just a Day 0 thing but the same happened today which is Day 7 from when I got my package. I was so looking forward to having this as my late-night productivity scent! 

I decided to put some on a paper towel and oh wow, that is so different! I don't get the citrusy washroom cleaning tablet scent at all! It's just a nice woody, somewhat bitter yet sort of sweet, cool scent. Yes, it somehow made the paper towel smell cool lol. I don't know why I get woody from this since it doesn't seem to have any woody notes. 

I'm typing this as I am doing the testing. I am having a bit of hope now because as it's drying down (it's still a bit wet at the moment), I'm starting to get less of the citrusy washroom cleaning tablet scent. I also asked Mr. Onyx to sniff my arm and he just said, "Woodsy." 

Ironically, I tried sniffing the paper towel again and I'm now getting the citrusy washroom cleaning tablet scent lol. It's like the reverse of what happens with my skin. I just sniffed it again and it's gone. All this has been going on for the past 15 minutes or so since my initial application.

It's very interesting how different people perceive notes and blends differently. I think what @Femmefatale is getting as incense is giving me and Mr. Onyx woody. 

I'll come back in a few hours or so to see what this morphs into since @Mila mentioned that it softens significantly and becomes comforting. 

I've been very productive! It's been over 2 hours now and great news: there is no citrusy washroom cleaning tablet scent! 🙌🏻

Well, it's gone from my skin now, but these were my impressions when it was close to 2 hours:

• On my skin, it's just a nice, woody, clean scent. Mr. Onyx said it smells like men's aftershave.
  • On the paper towel, it smells woody, kind of sweet, and I'm also getting a hint of something nutty. 

Although it seems like this does not last long on my skin, I think I actually like it now. I might try it again on my skin and on another paper towel, or perhaps on a handkerchief.

It's been over a day now for the Paper Towel Kahve and it's still present although mostly faded. The remnant of its dry down smells very nice and makes me want to try putting this on before going to bed. 😎💤

On 9/25/2023 at 10:02 PM, Onyx said:

I had to check if this has lime or something citrusy because I'm getting that note when it's on my skin. For the initial few seconds upon application, I get the nice, bitter coffee. But then comes forward this citrusy scent that reminds me of washroom cleaning tablets!  

This is so interesting! I got the same citrusy cleaner scent for the first 45 minutes after application. Now, it is still somewhat citrusy but has morphed into a dark tea with lemon scent. I chose this as one of my sale freebies because I like to try new things, plus I wanted a perfume with Mega Watt in it since I've been dragging lately. I like it after the drydown and will probably pair it with Pure Sugar to sweeten it up 🙂

2 hours ago, Kayla said:

This is so interesting! I got the same citrusy cleaner scent for the first 45 minutes after application. Now, it is still somewhat citrusy but has morphed into a dark tea with lemon scent. I chose this as one of my sale freebies because I like to try new things, plus I wanted a perfume with Mega Watt in it since I've been dragging lately. I like it after the drydown and will probably pair it with Pure Sugar to sweeten it up 🙂

I thought it was just me! Perhaps it has something with our skin or our sense of smell! I also detected that citrusy cleaner scent even on a paper towel lol. This is also not usually one I would go for but I also like trying out new things, @Kayla! I'm curious how it would layer with Pure Sugar too. I missed out on the layerables that had cream, but I think something with cream would go well too.

I used this perhaps 2 nights ago before going to bed: this on my right wrist and Drew's Elegante on my left. It smelled so soft then even in the beginning! It was just... coffee with perhaps a tad bit of cream and some sweetness. I'm not sure if it was that mild because it aged more or because it was mild compared to Elegante. 

55 minutes ago, Onyx said:

I thought it was just me! Perhaps it has something with our skin or our sense of smell! I also detected that citrusy cleaner scent even on a paper towel lol. This is also not usually one I would go for but I also like trying out new things, @Kayla! I'm curious how it would layer with Pure Sugar too. I missed out on the layerables that had cream, but I think something with cream would go well too.

I used this perhaps 2 nights ago before going to bed: this on my right wrist and Drew's Elegante on my left. It smelled so soft then even in the beginning! It was just... coffee with perhaps a tad bit of cream and some sweetness. I'm not sure if it was that mild because it aged more or because it was mild compared to Elegante. 

I think it's whatever type of coffee note Mara used in this perfume. I have many other perfumes from LPMP with coffee as the main note and none of them smell citrusy on me. This was overpowering in the beginning and all I could smell was citrus. It has settled in nicely now after a few hours and I'm getting a lot of work done from the influence of Mega Watt.