Archive: Z-Day!

luna65

il_fullxfull.1684700591_ae9g.jpg

"Alright you abysmally adorable fiends and frights out there in Halloween Town - you know our very favorite day is coming up and we’ve got just the pie to knock out your eye!  Well, unless your rotting corpse has already had one fall out, but all manner of monsters go crazy for our Nutz 4 Brainz pie and you don’t wanna miss out on this demonically delicious treat!  So come on down to the All-Night Bakery, open from sunset to sunrise, and grab one before they shamble away into the horrifying darkness...BOO-YA!"

Celebrate this hallowed day the zombie way! A totally nutty yummy blend of chestnuts, pralines and almonds sweetened with brown sugar and molasses, combined with oozing blackberry and blueberry then cradled in fresh-baked pie crust and topped with luscious vanilla buttercream. Though there might be someone out there willing to nibble the deliciousness of You, we’ve added some dark sweet amber to remind all those biters it’s just perfume!

ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
CHESTNUT ~ Amplifies male potency, love.
PRALINE ~ Fertility, prosperity, love, luck, fortitude.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Shannon Stamey

Autumn Collection, October 2018

“Candy?!  Yuck!”

Rhea and her friends peered into their sacks with disgust.  At that moment another group of children passed them, shrieking with what seemed like genuine fear.

“Did we end up on the warm side of town?” Tobe asked.

“Aww I bet we did, I hate it when that happens!” George declared.

Lizzie fished a beetle out of her hair and watched it wriggle.  “There’s gotta be someone around here who knows what we like to get on Z-Day!”

Rhea scrunched up her rotting face.  “Humans don’t even know about Z-Day, they’re all celebrating that dumb Halloween stuff.”

They shuddered, but also knew it was the one time of the year they could wander anywhere they liked without people freaking out on them.  They watched as an entire pretend zombie family lurched by, moaning “BRAAAAAINS.”

“Why do they think we do that?”

The boys shrugged and the undead children made their way up the street.

“I sure could go for some brains right now,” Tobe said.

They passed by a house where an old lady sat on the porch, dressed as a witch.

“Hey kiddies,” she called out to them.  “Do you adorable little zombies want some of my Nutz 4 Brainz pie from the All-Night Bakery?”

“BRAINS?!” they exclaimed, and dragged themselves over to her as fast as they could.

“Yes my dears,” she said as she served them each a slice.  “It’s got pralines in it you see, like little brains.”

They sniffed suspiciously at first, but upon spotting the familiar shapes wolfed it down hungrily.

“Crunchy brains,” George said.  “Kinda weird.”

“And sticky too,” Rhea noted.

On their way back to the cold side of town they passed by yet another group masquerading as one of their own, all looking into their trick-or-treat bags with perplexed expressions.

“I think I got a liver,” one of them said.

“LIver?!  Yuck!”

“Hurry!” Rhea exclaimed, “We’ve got to get back before they run out!”

Her friends grunted and shambled a little faster.

Review Thread