Archive: Mummy Stuffing

luna65

image.png.192ee02aed6fa09a7941c052fa8270de.png

"Oh great one Anubis, accept me and find me worthy to enter the great beyond, find no fault within me, for this is the truth my soul speaks."

I love stuffing mummies on a cold winter night, it keeps my hands warm, and provides me that extra credit towards my Egyptology Degree. Really though, mummies were preserved with the fragrant spices and flowers of Egypt. I spent time in a museum once that had several mummies on display, and you could just make out the faint scent of the earth, and what lies within.

I was doing research for one of my stories about Egyptian funereal rites and spells of the afterlife. I discovered that the ingredients used in the ritual of mummy stuffing was actually quite a lovely combination, also used as offerings to the Gods, and to perfume ancient homes, temples, and even Cleopatra's barge.

When I received a request for a resinous, Egyptian-themed blend, I couldn't resist. Cardamom, Cassia, Linen mummy wrappings, Wine, Cinnamon and Myrrh - all of these played a part in this brew. I wanted to capture the aura of life (and eternal life) in ancient Egypt for the wearer.

It's an unexpected, and thoroughly gorgeous combination... one of our favorite blends! May be worn by both Women and Men.

Created out of the spices and flowers of life, including Cardamom, cassia, linen, wine, and myrrh.

Magical Properties: Life energy, passion, healing, guards against evil.
Prominent Notes: Cardamom, Cassia, Linen, Wine, Cinnamon, Myrrh and more.

Created by: Danna Taylor

Label art:

Review Thread