Sugared Coconut

whiskerswhispers

Sugared Coconut

In vial: creamy coconut milk with sweetness. It's a soft coconut meat scent, not a suntan lotion smell.

On skin: now the coconut note becomes a little bit dry, a little more desiccated, and a tad green. I still smell the milky, creamy sweetness, but now it's more of a dried coconut smell, like dried coconut shreds, or coconut ice. And yes, it does smell a little bit like sun lotion now. Thankfully, the coconut milky sweetness here does prevent the coconut from smelling too dry and oddly green like it sometimes can. There's a lovely coolness to it which instantly brings to mind coconut ice cream. The sugar in here is like white sugar mixed in milk, as opposed to caramel/brown sugar or fruity sugar syrup like in the other sugared scents. the scent becomes gentler, sweeter and creamier over time, until it becomes a vanilla-coconut scent which is so delicious, I want to bite it off. It does have moments of tan lotion, I admit (it smells like a specific brand of sun lotion I used a lot this year in fact), but this is one of the nicest coconut scents out there. Very summery and definitely one that brings back holiday memories!

• 1 year later...

At first, I thought this was going to disappear into my flesh, and I took momentary pleasure in the thought of having naturally coconut-scented skin (take THAT, Frieda, with your "naturally" curly hair! Peanuts, remember? :huh:). So, it did fade for just a little while, but came back gently like the ocean tides. Ms. Whiskers nails it with the desiccated coconut/white sugar mixed in milk impression, but I would say there's more suntan lotion element. Here is Pirate Bumbo, here is Summer of Sin. There's also something decidedly cakey about it. Really, almost like a vanilla sugar used in a good cake recipe. Overall, I suppose Whiskers and I have similar interpretations. I'm very glad I have had this chance to know it, and if I could, I would get at least one bottle for sure.

• 1 year later...