Archive: Haunted Forest

luna65

AD-HauntedForest.jpg

These woods are definitely haunted, it seems like such a cliche but...there is something here for certain. It isn’t just the tendrils of mist which slithered around us as we hiked deep into the forest, a strange silence seeming to hover over the land. We could hear the birds, and the wind through the trees, and even a nearby stream, but it’s as if they were all far away. We had all brought extra warm clothes because legend says it’s always cold in the Hollow and as I write this I can see my breath hanging in the air before my face. Weird sounds, cries and whispers coming from somewhere nearby as we gather around the campfire. No one wants to tell spooky stories, we feel like we’ve living in one. I don’t think anyone will be able to sleep, we all want to know what will happen. Maybe it’s just a feeling of unease that won’t go away. I hope. I say I’ve always wanted to see a ghost but now that the possibility is real I’m not so sure anymore.

It’s very late, we’ve all been huddled together to keep warm by the fire. But I keep doing a head count and it’s never the same? Somebody’s missing, I think.

And someone...or something...is out there, calling my name. I don’t want to go, but dawn is so far off.

And it’s so cold.

Far along a twisting path, where the trees grow close and the mist is thick, is a wild place where you should be cautious to tread...but if you should desire to go chasing ghosts, there is no better spot than our Haunted Forest. This unisex scent embodies a brisk Autumnal walk through a mysterious environ with woody notes of oak, evergreen accord and walnut plus fern and dried leaf accord, finished with intriguing hints of smoke, green peppercorn EO and bourbon.

OAK LEAF & WOOD ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
FERN ~ Stamina, virility/fertility, sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.
EVERGREENS (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: constructed by Mara 

Autumn-Winter collection, September 2019

Review Thread