The Salty Mermaid

Beccah

AD-SaltyMermaid_540x.jpg?v=1624643359

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

SALTY WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

SEA GRASS ~ Protection, prosperity, psychic powers, sea spells.

MAILE VINE/LEAF ~ Eternal love, respect, honor, spiritual connection.

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully ‘magnetic’ for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility

LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.

CAMELLIA ~ Wealth, riches, prosperity.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting take on the mer-floral concept to me.  It's very fresh, and I like the blend of the salty-fruity-floweryness of it all.  It doesn't have quite a marine quality to it even as it is watery.  But it's definitely a summer scent, I would say, because it just has that vibe to it.  It's light enough to reach for when it's hot, but that floral aspect on the bottom will make it stick when things get sticky, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This was the perfect scent for me today! Back at my BIL’s in Idyllwild, I spent the day playing with four small man made ponds connected by waterfalls, filled with mosquito eating fish, water sprites, tadpoles and tiny frogs, plus water hyacinth and all kinds of blooming reedy water plants. My main activity was hopping around the pools and artistically wrapping  moss around any exposed hoses. There was lots of barefoot scampering, climbing, and balancing, and hovering over tons of busy bees hanging on the hyacinth. Also spotted, empty cicada shells in the reeds. It’s warm, humid, and I’m most likely salty myself! 
I’d wear this anywhere humid or tropical, doesn’t feel like a perfume, more hot summer skin scent, not overly floral on me.

• 2 months later...

Going on, The Salty Mermaid is aquatic and fruity, though the fruit pretty quickly subsides into floral. I definitely get the salt water,  but it's more shallow water than deep water.  This is water that has plant life in it. More aquarium (the building) than ocean. Which isn't to unduly emphasize the aquatic.  This is strongly floral. The aquatic is more giving it character as to what type of floral.

This is a grown woman scent. The aquatic aspect keeps it from being too perfumey or too matronly, though. It's a very feminine scent, with a bit of sophistication.  It would pair well with Lumina. It evokes the same feelings - mature, grounded. I could also see it paired with LFM, but, to me, it FEELS like Lumina. Calm, able to handle things, like the world has slowed down. Less frantic. 

Once it settles into the floral, it stays that way. If anything,  it becomes slightly less aquatic after several hours. 

• 1 year later...

This is a perfect summer scent for me. It starts off being very salty with a hint of melon, then floral. I can’t detect any apricot on my skin, like I can in Love Potion: Pink but it doesn’t bother me. It’s still a lovely scent!