Rubylicious

Beccah

AD-Rubylicious_540x.jpg?v=1624615742

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

Another wow for the summer releases! 

I love this. I don’t love all berries on my skin, and I don’t think I’ve ever had strawberry without other berries or some citrus in a scent before. I’m huffing this little swipe on my arm right now. It’s one of those “me, just better” skin scents. Not a cupcake on me, more of a strawberry cream. Wasn’t there a Strawberry Cream Cake once? This is how I imagine I’d smell if someone rubbed the icing from an actual cake and fresh strawberries on my arm. 

It’s a no-brainer full bottle for me. For pairing, you could go for attention with Lumina or Gotcha or Lace (if party minded) or cuddly, like PM, Cuddle Bunny, H&S or OW! What can’t this strawberry do?

If Deliciae was your clementine/orange jam a few summers ago, you might feel okay finishing off the last few drops because now you have a creamy Rubylicious strawberry! And it smells like it has staying power, I’ll try this for reals soon. 

This is so yummy and cute, it reminds me of the Puppified Strawberries PE from years ago (for those who might recall).  It's a perfect creamy candied strawberry.  I think it's sweeter than the Strawberry Cream Cake scent, it's kind of veering more towards something like Fallen Angel.  It gets even more sugary on me in the drydown.

On me I get the impression of an old fashioned strawberry milkshake. There's no cold vibe to it, just rich, creamy vanilla and fresh strawberries. Yum! So glad I went full bottle

• 4 weeks later...

Having a house fire made me think there would be no LP sale for me this year, but then I wore Rubylicious again today….

Has anyone else been struck by the lingering amber? I seem to be all about what’s left behind when all the top notes are gone.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 years later...

I expected this to smell bright and open due to the label image of cute Ruby. This oftentimes has a smoky quality to me. It's not quite smoke, but more smoky and closed... somewhat cozy. It was most apparent when I tried it on Day 0. I don't know which note is giving me that impression. It might be the vanilla or the milk/butter/cream. It's a similar smokiness I get from Super Happy Funtime. Now that I am comparing their notes, it might actually be something in the sugar or strawberry notes. 

It's been almost 3 weeks (Day 20) since I received my package with the Rubylicious trial vial and the scent itself has stayed the same for the most part. Sometimes, I don't get much of the smokiness and get more of the brightness, like when I layered this with something that smells open like Phero-Charged Money Potion (2023). It also gave the Money Potion more lasting power because this stays on longer for me. If anyone else has both, please try this combination! 

I know this was a summer release, but it smells like a winter strawberry to me. ❄🍓 The strawberry I get from this is not like a fresh, ripe strawberry. It does not have that slight sourness you'd find in one. It's more along the lines of strawberry-flavoured/scented something. It reminds me of a strawberry-flavoured lip balm, but it's not exactly that either. I have one that has more sourness than this. I think the other notes might be rounding out the strawberry and neutralizing the acidity. To me, this gives the impression of a strawberry kiss shaped like a cherry. 🍓🍒

I'm not sure if I'm into strawberry scents, but I'm considering getting this for layering. I'm waiting to see the scents coming out for 'Weenies 2023 though. I hope to see this kind of formulation for other fruits, like orange, lemon, or cherry. 🍊🍋🍒