Papi Chulo

Beccah

AD-PapiChulo_540x.jpg?v=1624613905

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

Any reviews on this one yet?  I'm really curious.

I'm not prepared to review this just yet BUT I will say that I think it's really interesting and totally not what I'd thought it would be.  In a good way.

Okay, so...Mara and I had discussed cashmere (or cashmeran) as a fantasy note, and depending on the source the accord can be more woody or musky.  I think I was expecting this to come out more on the resinous side but it does have that woody plushness to it which would make me describe it as cashmere.  It's just a super cozy sexy manly kind of smell, and the coconut adds to that vibe because sometimes (IMO) coconut can add a sort of "fleshy" type of impression (which I equate to warm skin).  Even though it's a dark coconut note it adds just the slightest bit of sweetness.  Not sugary, just a natural hint of sweetness.

This is pretty dense, so I would suggest being conservative in your application because it is - as they say in fragrance enthusiast parlance - an absolute beast, and it intensifies as your skin heats up.  But believe me when I say it is truly a girl magnet kind of scent, guys you have got to try this - I'm in a permanent state of swoon!

:Emoticons0086:

Hooray!  I have a full bottle of this boosted with Charisma on it's way right now.  Now I'm wondering if I should have gotten it boosted with MMM or TLG instead!  Thanks for the review, sounds like this might be a great cooler weather scent. 

Just now, luna65 said:

I think it could work well for any season, just really depends on how much you apply.

I will make note of that.  I tend to slather. :Emoticons10311:

I only smelled this is in the bottle but this is soft, smooth and sexy. It smells wonderful. If you're not into green scents, this is a good one to look into because it's on the cleaner side IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing this for several hours now and it really is an amazing scent.  Smooth over everything.  That's the phrase that pays with this particular scent.  It is a smooth warm and cuddly scent.  I cannot wait until it gets colder out and I'm going to be wearing this scent A LOT.  The projection is incredible and as Luna said, this is an absolute BEAST.  "Live in my enormous cloud of stinky goodness and be attracted to me!"  

It starts out for me as a very coconut cashmere scent that is very unisex but as it dries, the coconut remains present but takes a back seat to the patchouli (don't worry if you are not a patchouli fan) and the cashmere.  The two combine to create a very masculine, very grounded sexy scent.  I'm really digging this and so did the unsuspecting friend of mine I had a business meeting with.  She was more than a little distracted by me as was the barista at the coffee shop we met at.  I was standing on the other side of a counter and the poor young lady caught a snootful when my scent cloud caught up to me and passed me as I stepped up to the counter.  Deep sniff.  "Is that you that smells like sex on the beach?"  Then she got embarrassed and messed up my order but the compliment was worth it.  She said I smelled really nice.  I told her the name of what I was wearing and went to my poor distracted friend.  

:Emoticons10311:

Now I’m intrigued. Sex on the Beach! I looked up “Cashmeran,” that never helps. I’ll put it on him tonight!

ETA- I smelled it in the vial and instantly got the cashmere effect! On him, still wet, he smells like an expensive present. 🎁  :hi:

Edited by Eastwood22

15 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Now I’m intrigued. Sex on the Beach! I looked up “Cashmeran,” that never helps. I’ll put it on him tonight!

ETA- I smelled it in the vial and instantly got the cashmere effect! On him, still wet, he smells like an expensive present. 🎁  :hi:

AHAHAHA!  Wait for the drydown. 

5 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

AHAHAHA!  Wait for the drydown. 

He is already asleep! Might have to try this experiment again tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

He is already asleep! Might have to try this experiment again tomorrow. 

Awww…. That’s not good.

3 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

Awww…. That’s not good.

No, it’s good. He could barely keep his eyes open during the basketball game he had saved to watch. I knew it was a longshot! He’s one of those people, once they’re asleep, they’re deeply asleep. And he’s a champion at napping, like it’s his superpower. I’m not a good sleeper so I find it admirable!
I can smell it still, he smells expensive. Very high class! 

• 3 weeks later...

So I let this sit and settle just a few weeks and I like it even it more than before.  It has gotten even more smooth and all the various components just meld perfectly.  It is fantastic.  I'm going to have to get this with either MMM or TLG because it is great with Charisma but I want a more snuggly phero to combine it with.

I know Papi Chulo is aimed for the men, but I love the cashmere evocation of this. I enjoyed wearing it just for myself. If my boyfriend were to wear this, he would not be able to pry me off of him. 

49 minutes ago, Beccah said:

I know Papi Chulo is aimed for the men, but I love the cashmere evocation of this. I enjoyed wearing it just for myself. If my boyfriend were to wear this, he would not be able to pry me off of him. 

I could totally see this being unisex.  I LOVE the reactions I get from people when I wear this.  It has such a warm snuggly vibe.  I bought it boosted with Charisma and it is great with that but I want a bottle boosted with either 3M or TLG.  Snuggly Pheros for a snuggly scent.

OMG!!!!!

Most unisex scents are way too masculine with my chemistry. But (broken record) this is why I must try everything ON. I would NEVER have thought to try this if I hadn’t gotten the sampler (another evergreenly good idea). Some sandalwoods give me headaches. Patchouli is sometimes just too extra on me and/or reads uncomfortably similar to BO. Though occasionally there’ll be one that works, resin-forward scents mostly are not congruent with me and just aren’t my thing.

But THIS! THIS!! If not for the label, I’d never have thought it was unisex at any point. On me — 

Up front it was so warm and snuggly. It was intermittently and alternatingly very sweet and vanilla-y, and then more like a big fat luscious bar of very expensive french soap (I mean this in a good way)- I was thinking that this would totally pass for leftover-soap-scent in environments where perfumes are frowned upon. 

It has since morphed, a few times. While still almost wet, maybe around 3 minutes in, and for just a minute or so, it suddenly got REALLY BIG. It made me think of the huge marshmallow (?) man in the original Ghostbusters movie. Huge presence and throw, and still very sweet. That was the only time it smelled even remotely potentially traditionally masculine - there was something that made me think of a well worn brown leather jacket, armchair, etc.

Then when that subsided it got more creamy and fuzzy than sweet.

Now, in very late drydown, it is reminding me of Night of Delight and Sensual Harmony - that translucent, light-of-the-silvery-moon-across-your-skin kind of close-hugging, purring, intimate skin scent. 

Overall I think the reason this works is that I love coconut to an abnormal degree, and I guess it loves me too. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 7 months later...

in the vial it reminds me of those ice pop juice tubes you buy by the hundred in sheets. something about it is just summer-frosty and colorful. not even a specific flavor or anything but as soon as I opened the vial I was like 'woah, ice tube sheets in my freezer'. it's funny how scent and memory work. not cooling the way mint is either... it's hard to explain! must be the coconut evoking summer... but every time I've cracked this open I get a blast of ice pop memories! it's a very fun scent for me because of that.