Lirial

Beccah

AD-Lirial_540x.jpg?v=1624604840

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully ‘magnetic’ for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this one on today as well and at first, it's very florally and then as time goes on it starts to meld with the cake notes to become a creamy tropical floral cake.

This would be a good date night scent.

I think this is really pretty for what it is, but again, magnolia just does NOT like me.  And the gardenia and magnolia are fairly equal in this one.  I do appreciate that the cake accord works better on my skin than Aloha Pumehana did.

24 minutes ago, luna65 said:

I think this is really pretty for what it is, but again, magnolia just does NOT like me.  And the gardenia and magnolia are fairly equal in this one.  I do appreciate that the cake accord works better on my skin than Aloha Pumehana did.

I never do well with Cake accords, is this front and center on this blend?

No not really, IMO.  The floral aspect is the more obvious part of it, if white floral notes tend to be loud with your skin chemistry.

I love this one so much I am wearing it almost every day. It smells delicious on my skin and makes me really happy. An upbeat mood elevator for me. I hope some others get to share that experience. Aloha also worked well for me but I like this one even better. 

20 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I love this one so much I am wearing it almost every day. It smells delicious on my skin and makes me really happy. An upbeat mood elevator for me. I hope some others get to share that experience. Aloha also worked well for me but I like this one even better. 

Mara, you just sold me on this blend, and thanks so much Luna for letting me know that the floral aspect is the more obvious part of the blend. Magnolia and Gardenia are two of my favorites that Mara makes, so this will be a full bottle

Coming back to say that now that this has had a few days to settle, it’s perfect! It just smells like cake with a hint of floral and it’s super light not heady at all! 
Beautiful!

Edited by Vika

• 1 month later...

I'm a huge fan of magnolia and gardenia.  I really love this blend, it's like a bit of the tropics in a bottle...After about an hour the milk/cream notes come front and center and the cake accord blasts me...I'm not a big cake accord fan so I was really hoping this would not react this way with my skin chemistry... ugh, I hate that my skin amps the milk and cream notes...

I really love this blend and I'm not going to let my wonky skin chemistry ruin this for me...Today-I used sugared magnolia + added this beautiful blend and that seemed to help balance out the cake accord for me....

I’ve been test driving this off and on. I did like enough to buy a full bottle, but the verdict (as a mostly non floral lover) is still out.

It definitely amps the floral aspect more than the cake accord though.  Trying it again today….

• 1 month later...

So, on its own Lirial didn’t quite work, but it was close.  One day on a whim I layered it with Potion Bastet, and just like that (snaps fingers with a flourish) it turned into a smutty totally different scent that DID work for me.  The combination is in the same vein as Lilu.  It doesn’t smell like Lilu, but it lends the same impression without having the heavy hitting phero Sexpionage.  

When I saw that Mara added Potion Bastet to this year’s sale, I almost grabbed another bottle as backup.  

• 4 months later...

Lirial goes on cakey, but then pretty quickly gets floral. But it's a pillow-y floral. The cake and the floral really balance each other out in interesting ways, where neither is quite as expected. These are florals that, to me, tend to skew older, but the cake keeps it young. The florals, meanwhile, keep the cake from being too sweet. The vanilla is a vanilla extract type that almost powdery. But every time, just as it verges on too vanilla, the floral brings it back in range. After several hours, it leans a little bit more toward the floral, but still somewhat balanced. It doesn't ever have the harshness that floral can sometimes have.

I liked this scent so much, I bought two bottles right away! It feels really unique. Though on me, it was less tropical and more Southern summer evening.