Keyani

Beccah

AD-Keyani_540x.jpg?v=1624602172

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.

RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would love this because I love fruity floral scents (and especially tropical ones) and right off the bat the combination of pineapple and blue raspberry sugar is just *chef's kiss* - so sweet and yummy and sunny.  I get the vanilla as a sort of undertone and it's nice, kind of sheer but at the same time it does add to the tropical vibe.  But I'm not really getting the orchid at all, in that way it kind of reminds me of Sareena because I didn't really get the tiare in that one either.  BUT I love the sugary sweetness of this one, hopefully as it ages the orchid will emerge for me.

ETA: in the long drydown I get just a hint of orchid, like a vague floweriness.   Keyani becomes kind of perfume-y after a few hours.

This is the first sample I tried and it is AMAZING! ❤❤❤ If this were a cupcake, I would eat a dozen in one sitting and gain another 50 lbs. 😆 Keyani smells so good.

• 4 weeks later...

Once again the axiom proves true: when it comes to LP, ya just gotta TRY EVERYTHING ON.

I love to EAT pineapple and raspberries, but pineapple in perfume is a crapshoot on me, and raspberry mostly doesn’t work on me. I straight up dislike both “blue” notes AND orchid usually.

And yet, when I slathered this on without checking notes, I couldn’t have identified even one of the notes. I yelled “OMG, FLOWER CANDY.” All I could have said was that it was round, juicy, and robust, and most intriguingly it gives an inexplicable celestial vibe, a sense of height and “otherness.” I felt sort of transported / lifted somehow. It’s uplifting. Not cheerful exactly, but … almost physically elevating and “broadening.” Especially as it’s drying down, the word “otherworldly” keeps coming to mind. So congruent with the origin of the name!!! I have no idea how Mara does this (magick?). It’s incredible. If I had to pin it down, I might guess it’s something about the quality of the orchid that is creating this cool, remote kind of feeling. It is ineffable and ineffably beautiful and unique. 

Edited by tyvey

Honestly, your review hit the nail on the head.  This smells AMAZING on my bride! 

Okay, I bought this one because Mara's on it, but the notes are perfect for summer and I love all the notes. But, I didn't have everyone else's experience because mine faded away (just like it did when I sampled it).

At the beginning, I get bright pineapple which then melded into pineapple/orchid.  Nice!  I was instantly reminded of my Jardin Tropique.  Then, I swear I got a boozy note that fluctuated between boozy and raspberry-like -- maybe I was reading too much into the label thinking of one of Mara's special drinkable potions she concocts.  :D  Raspberry is iffy on me.  Later, my drydown was a very faint pineapple vanilla.  

Maybe I was cold, maybe I need to put more on, but it was not long-lasting on me.  I had hoped the vanilla would have taken over in the drydown.  It is a lovely, summery scent -- light, foody, sunny, tropical -- just didn't have staying power on me.