Juju

Beccah

AD-Juju_540x.jpg?v=1624597949

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

I think all you creamy almond lovers out there are going to drool over this one, it's all of the things!   I mean, if even I like this then you know it's good.  I enjoy almond but I prefer it more as a top or bottom note, but this is so perfectly blended that I'm huffing it like crazy.

The almond is the heart note, and all the other elements are combining to create a lovely fluffy creamy pillow for the almond.  The honey is pretty mid-weight, not too sugary and not too smutty.  The cocoa butter and coconut are perfectly balanced, IMO.  Even though this isn't specifically beachy it feels like a perfect perfume to wear to the beach or just when you know you're going to be out-and-about on a hot day, because it clings so well to the skin and you will receive delicious wafts of yourself every so often.  In the long drydown the coconut comes out a bit more to create a sort of toasty kind of impression.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this!  I kind of expected it wouldn’t be a strong or long lasting fragrance, and sadly I was right. It wears close to the skin. But, it is fabulous.  

I bought a few bottles to have, knowing when I wore it, I’d be slathering. So many almond fragrances are fleeting on my skin,  not sure if it’s something in my skin chemistry that just gobbles almond scent up….

• 2 weeks later...

I've worn Juju 3 or 4 times now and I'm really loving it. It's a creamy, sweet almond honey on me with nicely blended coconut and cocoa butter underneath. It's on the lighter side and is perfect for the hot summer days we've been having. 

• 1 month later...

Wet, this is almond, then almost immediately powdery.  Like a powdery almond extract, but not as sweet. I think the powderiness is from the honey. It's not an oakmoss type of powder, but more a dry papery type. Think old paper on the verge of crumbling, or the archives of a library. I'm reminded a bit of Scribe, but without the smoothness. Seven or eight minutes later,a touch of the cocoa comes through, but faintly, so you're never quite sure it's there.

After 30 minutes, the papery powderiness calms down a little and it becomes a tiny bit sweeter. At this point, it's more of a dry honey amber. The amber stays in line, not going sharp on me, as it often does. Eventually, the cocoa butter joins in, too, but as a back up singer.