Beflower w/ Hedione

AD-Beflower_540x.jpg?v=1624561402

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

(HEDIONE) JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spirituality, spiritual love.

CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.

CAMELLIA ~ Wealth, riches, prosperity.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a VERY bright floral! My kid has been watching me get ready, putting perfumes and oils on n such. Shes now partaking in a simpler version of what I do.

Today this one got picked, I haven't worn it yet cuz I need to do morning routine. On her tho, the hedione is prominant with clover and light summery honey. You can smell honeysuckle and something else I can't separate in her cloud? Quite lovely with a strong impression and the throw is very impressive lol 

To start with, can we just give it up to Mara and her amazing skills?  I know we all do, but this is one of those times where I'm just stunned in the face of what she can create.

For me, this is a very intense three-dimensional creation of honeysuckle.  It's more "real" than an ideation in the way it wears, I would say.  It absolutely makes me think of being near to a honeysuckle bush and the air has become that fragrance.  The presence of the hedione also makes me think of ETT: The Star, but that one has more of an overall white floral perfume vibe whereas this makes me think of honeysuckle and jasmine growing in close proximity.  This is so gorgeous and while it seems so potent at first, as it dries down I think the intensity backs off a bit and becomes a part of your overall personal warmth.  In that way it reminds me a lot of vintage perfumery.

Wow! Just wow. I love honeysuckle but am not generally that big into jasmine or hedione as they can get a little stabby In the 3rd eye area. Once again Mara makes one that breaks all my rules. I love it. Luna’s description of 3D is spot on. This is round and lush. The florals are rich sweet AND airy at the same time while the honey brings in that lightly dripping warmth. The clover is so nice for keeping it from being too sticky. This is like walking around flower gardens on a bright sunny Spring into Summer morning where the light is just right. Stunning, simply stunning.

Whaaat? What kind of hocus pocus is going on here? 

8 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Once again Mara makes one that breaks all my rules. I love it.

I am bewildered. Puzzled. Amazed. 

On 7/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, luna65 said:

To start with, can we just give it up to Mara and her amazing skills?  I know we all do, but this is one of those times where I'm just stunned in the face of what she can create.

Let me be clear, I don’t like jasmine. I have even used jasmine EO (pure EO oil burns off fast) as a scent marker in certain phero sprays to make sure I don’t OD.  Except now I am questioning this hard line stance. Perhaps it’s an alchemical development with the clover and honey, I dunno. The honeysuckle is to die for, and who would have thought honeysuckle would be worth dropping dead over? Certainly not me!

On 7/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, luna65 said:

For me, this is a very intense three-dimensional creation of honeysuckle.  It's more "real" than an ideation in the way it wears, I would say.  It absolutely makes me think of being near to a honeysuckle bush and the air has become that fragrance. 

I don’t do heavy florals, I don’t particularly enjoy white florals especially, I take my flowers with fruit. Living Doll, Pallas, Sarong, Prisma, and Enivrant are fruity florals that I love. I guess Lavender is technically a flower, but it’s entirely another thing to me. But I have this weird feeling that I could possibly be buying a bottle of this fascinating potion. 🤯 

I'm not that much of a floral person myself, but Mara has really changed my mind about floral perfume in general over the years.  I love fruity/gourmand florals too, but I try to approach everything with an open mind these days because I don't want to miss out on anything which I might find beautiful.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, luna65 said:

I try to approach everything with an open mind these days because I don't want to miss out on anything which I might find beautiful.

Absolutely. I don’t understand how some people can so easily pick and choose which trials they want from each release. I just need them all, and I need to (mostly) try them all. There are occasional rebrews that I know aren’t for me, and I’m happy to pass them along to friends, but I always at least smell them in the vial! You never know. A minor tweak can change everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been reaching for my trial vial of this more often than I thought I would. I like it because it’s a pure floral, for lack of a better word. I’m not a floral fragrance lover, but, if I wear a floral, I want it to smell like actual flowers, and who doesn’t love honeysuckle?  Seriously. Is there anyone who’s been outside on a warm summer’s evening, and caught a whiff of honeysuckle somewhere in the vicinity, and not enjoyed it?  Or, in my case, tried to track down where it’s growing?  

Beflower  lingers a long time, and that too, is a good thing. I’m on the fence as to whether I’ll go full bottle.  I think I’ll work my way through what I have for a while first. 

• 1 year later...

My man says this smells like head shop and honeysuckle. I smell the honeysuckle. 

A lot of these reviews talk about how intense this scent is. I know it's not just me being nose blind because my man said this unprompted. It's very subtle. Maybe this is just because it has had a chance to age. I used one generous swipe in the crooks of my elbows and one generous swipe down my chest. I brought a sample of this before I knew about the sale. It's good enough it was first on my list. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very beautiful sweet floral scent, I love it! Very feminine, very alluring and lasts a long time on my skin. I prefer this to Domina Vere, another pretty floral, because it seems to have more depth to it after drydown than DV. I think I’m smelling clover after a little while. Honey doesn’t come forward as much here, but I’m sure it adds to the overall appeal of this scent.