Ash

Beccah

AD-Ash_540x.jpg?v=1624557802

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

• 2 weeks later...

This is sort of an ideation of a s'mores scent, IMO.  In the vial I really get the marshmallow-chocolate combo with the other notes as an undertone, especially the gingerbread accord.  But on my skin this turns a lot more smoky-woodsy, which is not a bad thing at all, just not what I was expecting.  It reminds me, a bit, of Sugared Bonfire (the rebrew).  I like it because I enjoy blends which have both woody and sweet aspects.  In the long drydown it evolves into a nice spicy-sweet mood; it becomes more gourmand-like on me after a couple hours or so.

I just got my box today but it smells like smoky s'mores in the bottle. On  my wrist it smells like chocolate sugary smoke it smells awesome. The dry down is more vanilla/marshmallow with a hint of smoke.

Anyone who loves s'mores and bonfires, get this! I can see this transitioning into fall and winter too!

Just yesterday, magically after putting on some Weenie Roast from my trial vial, I recieved an invite to a s’mores party. “Oh cool!” I thought, “at least I know what scent to wear.” The honey and pumpkin drive the vibe on that one for me, this is more chocolate forward and I immediately thought “No! I’ll be wearing THIS to the party!” Granted, it has just arrived, and I’ve only sniffed the vial and one swipe into my hand. But the chocolate seems darker, maybe from the smoke, and the chewy sugary sweetness that rushed out of the vial seems to have drifted away. Or I inhaled it all. Or travel shock or I should have shaken it. 

Is this one unisex?

On 7/8/2021 at 2:16 PM, luna65 said:

Not specifically, no.

Apparently not! I had him wear it, he thought it was nice “but I don’t want to smell like that. Are you sure it’s unisex?” Better on a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

This a rare s’mores, wood fire, smokey woodsy I can wear. Chocolate and marshmallow blast when wet which is so nommy. Then the nutmeg, cedar and vanilla come in and anchor and ground everything. Really smooth not a sharp edge in sight. I probably will save this for a little cooler weather and I can’t wait!

• 3 weeks later...

This is absolutely delicious! The chocolate and marshmallow notes are the strongest on me, with a bit of vanilla and just a hint of the smoke and cedar notes. It's perfect for summer because it's a really sweet, light scent, but will also be great for the fall with the smoky, woodsy notes.

I’ve been wearing this off and on (full bottle). It’s a scent I like, not sure that it’s love though. The vanilla in it turns a little plastic-y after it’s been on for a few hours. 

In the beginning, there’s lots of smoke and chocolate, both of which I adore.   I think it something I will continue wearing from time to time.  And yes, a perfect autumn scent. The scent  lasts vey well too.  I can put it on in the morning, and it’s still there at bedtime. 

I know people test fragrances differently, and it seems like most here on the forum change what they’re wearing daily, or multiple times in a 24 hour period.  I tend to wear just one for a  few days running.  Even my beloved Wild Cherry took me a few days before I set about methodically buying every bottle I could of it.  Because with Mara’s creations, even her masterpieces, many times when they’re gone, they’re really gone. (sob!) I want to know early on how I feel about each one, so I can get more while there is still stock. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up…. Ash is not going to work for me like I’d hoped it would. For those of you who love it, once it’s sold out, and you’ve entered that desperate search for one last illusive bottle, keep me in mind.  I have an almost full bottle. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wet this is all sweet smoke. It really does smell like a campfire with roasting marshmallows. It's really nice. I think it's more of a hanging out and chilling fragrance. It's too smoky to really feel work appropriate, even if it's sweet smoke.

It smells like you've been sitting next to a campfire, with the smoke permeating your clothes. There's something adding a touch of coolness, adding to the impression of having been out on a cool night next to a campfire or fire pit. Far more smoky than some of the other s'more scents.

As others have said, this is a good autumnal scent, despite being in the summer collection. Definitely comfy and cozy. I'd love to try layering it with an apple, or other fruit, scent. I know I keep describing it as smoky, but it's a woodsmoke scent, not a cigarette type smoke.

After 15 minutes,  the sweet notes start to differentiate and you can pick out the chocolate and vanilla more clearly. (And something that is giving me amber vibes. Not sure what, though.) 

An hour later, some of the sweetness has died down and I get a roasted aspect. Not necessarily coffee, but like the roastedness of coffee. (I do realize I keep saying, "Not thing X, but LIKE thing X." LOL. Not sure if it's my nose or descriptions that more work, but in the meantime it's all about the vibes.)

By three hours in, it is more chocolate. A straight up food type of chocolate. Somewhere in between milk and dark chocolate. Sort of how milk chocolate with almonds tastes slightly less sweet than regular milk chocolate. Like that, but without the almonds. (Told ya. Vibes.) Overall, a scent that is cozy and relaxed while still being fun. Much like a s'more itself.