Archive: Altar of Venus

luna65

AD-AltarVenus.jpg

The aura of love and its attendant reverence captured in a fragrance which transports you to a place of eternal romance...the tropical tangyness of guavaberry and lovely feminine hibiscus blended with a humid breath of Amazonian teakwood. And to encourage tender feelings we’ve enhanced this fragrance with our exclusive TREASURED HEARTS pheromone blend, an attraction blend for women that creates a loving atmosphere and soothes irritability. This blend encourages deep bonding, makes people of both sexes feel less intimidated in the wearer's presence, and encourages a 'nesting' vibe in men - instilling a craving for permanence and commitment.

HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
GUAVABERRY aka RUMBERRY ~ Celebration and good health.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: cincinart

August 2020

from the letters of Selwyn Parslow to Lady Forsythia Fountainbleu, August 1820
My dear Forsy -
I have countenanced much discussion regarding the discovery of the Venus statuary and how fine a depiction of the goddess all told; one of our newer residents, Adam St. Aubyn (considered by some to be rather a gadabout even as he holds a peerage although the details are perhaps purposely obscured) took it into his head to construct upon his property a Classical Revival temple of a kind, in tribute to what he referred to as: “My muses, Bacchus and Venus, the only sources of transcendence we mortals may achieve.” There was, naturally, much scandalized murmuring even as such learned individuals - namely Augustine Hawkesbury, Esq. late of Oxford University - said it was no more licentious than as the Romans had seen fit to construct upon these rocks in the Gallic Wars. Even an educated woman such as myself does wonder whence reverence may collide with more profane instincts, and did Venus not rise from the sparkling seafoam - divinely beauteous and primordially unadorned? Surely there is equal regard for the notion of Love as there is whatever expression follows therefore? What rites may be observed at my neighbor’s altar I surely cannot say, and within the character of worship such Holy acts must remain mysteries beyond the abilities of our cruder articulations...