Archive: Bower of Bliss

luna65

AD-BowerBliss.jpg

A place to abide in joyful repose...enter this shady retreat crafted of leafy vines interwoven with blossoming tendrils of sweet honeysuckle and gardenia, upon a soft cushion of fresh green grass with a hint of briny mist upon the breeze.

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully ‘magnetic’ for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
SEAWATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: cincinart

August 2020

from the letters of Selwyn Parslow to Lady Forsythia Fountainbleu, August 1820
...I believe I had mentioned the occasion of an architectural folly which my brother James and I had designed in the previous Spring and the weather has been Most Beauteous in our dry summer to enjoy this now overgrown verdant retreat when one wishes to take the air, as is wholly beneficial in our climate. Our little hamlet is known for the sea air, is it not? Though we nearly entertained scandal this past Wednesday to find my brother’s school chum Trevor quite cozy with one of the young ladies of our acquaintance, one Eugenia Taunt, the middle daughter of the Taunts late of Salisbury. The girl was quite shamefaced as such a discovery would warrant, but the Wilde boy simply tossed the affront over his shoulder much as a peach pit and declared that if we did not wish to encourage clandestine tete-a-tetes then we shouldn’t have built a bower! Mind you, I expect this person to be horsewhipped for his cheek by some individual any day now - thus I still cannot fathom why my brother seems intent on arranging our marriage...