Archive: Cupid's Cathedral

luna65

AD-CupidCathedral.jpg

For those offering their devotions to the God of Love that they may be granted the affection of their heart’s desire...an intriguingly exotic vanilla infused with floral accents coupled with the lush blooms of stargazer lilies embracing upon a bed of woody balsam resin.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: cincinart

August 2020

Review Thread

from the letters of Selwyn Parslow to Lady Forsythia Fountainbleu, August 1820
...and I return now to the activities of our neighbor Mr. St. Aubyn, he has of this writing held a Rites of Summer gathering to which we were invited and puzzled as whether to attend, although Trevor was all in favor - I am beginning to suspect that he is a frequent pilgrim to that profane altar I had previously mentioned. I wanted to know if it would involve draperies, as a lady of my age and breeding should not abandon her Summer muslin and petticoats. I was assured by our host it would all be Most Proper with the most delicious refreshments on offer.

“Then what rites do you invoke by way of your invitation?” I inquired, and his reply was benign, simply those arts of the Classical Muses would be presented for our entertainment. His shrine was filled with the most exquisite flowers though I must opine that the music and dancing was rather more curious than one would expect for a proper fete, but the strangest aspect was the reading of an Ode to Cupid by none other than the Wilde boy. My brother claims no previous knowledge of his friend’s literary aspirations. I found the poem amongst the papers on Trevor’s desk sometime later and have copied it thus for your edification. I am afeared to ask what a penley may be and I do not believe it a decent sonnet, though there is little which can be said to be suitable of that individual, even as intriguing as he may be...

My divine Cupid, you inspire me to write.
How I love the way you flutter and coo,
Invading my mind all day and through the night,
Always dreaming of your loving woo.

Let me compare you to the cold stardust?
You are more joyful, drastic and friendly.
Wild heat toasts the fond frolics of August,
And summertime boasts the bombastic penley.

When do I love thee? Let me count the days.
I love your blissful cathedral, mouth and eyes.
Thinking of your happy face fills my days.
My love for you is the warm compromise.

Now I must away with a tender heart,
Remember my kind words whilst we're apart.