Archive: Petticoat Lane

luna65

AD-PetticoatLane.jpg

A softer muskier variant of our classic Spider Silk perfume (aka Gossamer Threads), don our silky-sweet “scented lingerie” and you’ll think your lover has 8 arms to hold you! Sheer sexiness is yours to experience with a blending of powdery musk, oakmoss and myrrh sweetened with a sprinkle of white sugar and a dusting of powdered sugar. 

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
OAKMOSS aka Wool of Bat ~ Protection, unconditional love, parental love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: cincinart

August 2020

Review Thread

from the diary of Selwyn Parslow, Summer 1820

...I meant to call upon the tailor Mr. Butterworth as a few of my brother’s garments required repair (his failed experiments being rather hazardous to his wardrobe at times) and whence I visited his shop in the High Street he surprized me with his delighted expression upon my appearance.

“Why Miss Selwyn!” he exclaimed, “Just the charming creature I’ve been waiting to see!”

“I, Mr. Butterworth? Surely not!”

“Oh yes!  I must say, though I’d been asked not to disclose the request, well, I simply must take your measurements!”

“My measurements, sir? For what, pray tell?”

“Your new undergarments!  Why, I certainly did think it peculiar that your houseguest should place the order, but he had a missive from your brother, I believe?”

I was positively flummoxed but did not wish to convey my true emotions to this man, thus I smiled and asked to see the note. As I had suspected it contained nothing of James, but everything of the Wilde boy in its contents. I composed myself as well as I was able and handed the document back to him.

“Have you begun work on these...garments?” I asked.

“Why no, miss. Begging your pardon, but it is not so easy a thing as a gown, as one’s, errr, petticoats and such must have a particular fit.”

He blushed then, bless his soul. He is a dear thing, and thus blameless in this scheme.

“Of course, I believe my brother misheard my intention as regards new petticoats and chemises, but as always has my welfare to heart.”

“Oh certainly!  Mr. James is indeed a noble fellow.”

I paid the man for his time, though he insisted it wasn’t necessary, but the family honour deems it so.  This led to a particular avenue of contemplation, Dear Diary - how in the world did that individual come to the conclusion that my undergarments were in need of fortification? I do not look forward to the discussion I must now have with my brother...