Archive: Pink Pearl

luna65

AD-PinkPearl.jpg

A summery shade of pink essential for your scented wardrobe! Refreshing ripe watermelon dusted with fruity sweet pretty pink sugars and swathed in luxurious feminine white musk.

WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: cincinart

August 2020

Review Thread

from the letters of Selwyn Parslow to Lady Forsythia Fountainbleu, August 1820

My dear Forsy -

Must dash off this missive straightaway but I am bereft of sense as the strangest thing has occurred with the Wilde boy. I had apprised you regarding his little jest in the matter of my undergarments and my brother gave him a stern lecture, but they are such good friends and as I have noted, James seems to possess the idea that Trevor is worthy of a place in our family. And then over the Sunday roast he pulled a velvet box from his tailcoat and presented it to me.

“Miss Selwyn,” he began with that positively lascivious intonation of his, “I fear I have caused irrevocable offense without the slightest intention of doing so and I would respectfully beg of you to accept this as apology. It is a family heirloom, and I know no other woman worth the equal of its’ adornment.”

I blinked, my mouth slightly agape. I looked toward my brother who shrugged by way of reply. Whatever could this mean? His eyes, those amber eyes were so wide and seemingly sincere. I am not, as you are so fond of teazing me, made of the sturdiest marble and I took the box with trembling hands, straining against my corset in truth to simply breathe, opening it to view the contents.

A necklace crafted with a baroque pearl, it was unlike anything I’d ever viewed - and the color! Quite lovely but there was also something quite unseemly about it, though exactly what I cannot say. The pearl is pink, with a flush like a delicate blossom newly in bloom, or the interior of a seashell. Though it is highly-polished it is also quite large and heavy. The setting and chain are of a very fine gold, I would wager, incredibly well-made. The bauble seemed to invite one’s touch, to stroke its’ iridescent surface and marvel at the miracle of its’ creation.

“Mr. Wilde it is utterly beautiful, but -”

“I beseech of you dear lady, please call me Trevor.”

“ - I cannot accept such a lavish gift, especially one which has resided in your family coffers. Such a treasure should be reserved for the lady who would be your wife.”

“And you cannot envision yourself in this role?”

(My word, Forsy - as if it is a play to be cast!)

“My brother is well aware I will be no man’s wife. And he has no cause to worry as my inheritance will see to my care, and whatever I may earn from my tutelage.”

“And what of a man who simply desires your happiness?”

“Such a man would be fully aware that matrimony is not the desired conveyance for me.”

My brother sighed loudly and threw down his napkin. I know he is disappointed by my stance, but why in Heaven and on Earth would this person desire me of all the females in his purview? I’ve no doubt Mr. Wilde could make a fine marriage if he so chose but I am not the woman for such a life. There is no inducement for me to enter such a prescriptive custom.

The look on that boy’s face, I swear to you upon my life, it seemed to plead with me to reconsider. I cannot fathom why. My mind was awhirl and I excused myself, hurrying on to my chambers where I could then take up quill and paper and relate this to you.

Forsy, have I found myself between the pages of one of the novels we so enjoy? I cannot tell the difference at this juncture. Whatever shall I do?!