NEW RELEASES FOR AUTUMN 2021!

Potion Master

12 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Possibly?  I guess it depends on how sweet it turns out to be, although I think it's probably going to remind some people more of the original SUPER.

*heavy breathing intensifies*

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I
My scent guesses for Holliday were way off, except for the sage. This is good, though, I’m not looking for a gunpowder and leather perfume!

Since you posted that in your guess I've been curious what Mara could do with that combo. (Yes, I'm weird)

1 hour ago, oceanjewel said:

Since you posted that in your guess I've been curious what Mara could do with that combo. (Yes, I'm weird)

Mara is a genius, and I think I guessed gunpowder and leather because it’s in Wayward Son. I think it’s in a few others, too, I never would’ve thought of that on my own! 
Just did a search, also gunpowder in Mangelwurzel, Black Frye and Elementary Chapter 5. 

21 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Mara is a genius, and I think I guessed gunpowder and leather because it’s in Wayward Son. I think it’s in a few others, too, I never would’ve thought of that on my own! 
Just did a search, also gunpowder in Mangelwurzel, Black Frye and Elementary Chapter 5. 

Magelwurzel I have. I would've bought Wayward Son if it came without the phero. Off to look up the other 2. Thanks

21 minutes ago, luna65 said:

I believe there's also a gunpowder note in Sex and Violins.

Thanks. Unfortunately I hadn't discovered LP yet when that one came out :( Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a rebrew someday.

Its not just the gunpowder note either, its more the combo of leather and gunpowder

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

I believe there's also a gunpowder note in Sex and Violins.

I wasn’t around for this one either, @oceanjewel, but I remember seeing it wished for often throughout the trade boards. 
Super excited to receive these new additions!

Well, here I go asking questions. I am eyeing both Lantern and Hemwicke. Intrigued by both, no, salivating over both. I tend to amp both amber and sandalwood, to the point of those devouring everything else in the perfume. Anyone who works at LPMP have this issue? I am nearly out of all the pumpkin scents I've purchased in the past, so I could use some guidance. I will order samples, but would love full bottles of at least one of these as well-and, uh-a few others. Cassia, Holliday, and Infusion, I'm looking at you!👀👀👀

I think everyone in the community has that issue with some particular note or notes.  It's all about skin chemistry in the end.

In terms of Lantern and Hemwicke - 

Lantern is a gourmand pumpkin scent, so it will be sweet.  The amber is the base, but it should blend in with all the other notes and not detract from the overall gourmand vibe.

Hemwicke is darker, so it's going to be woody-spicy kind of pumpkin.  It's possible that it might be rather sandalwood-heavy on you, so you might want to sample it first to see what happens.

Woot, I step away for a few days and all the goodness has already begun ! Has been fun reading through the comments on this thread. I get as excited as anyone, hehe. The labels are awesome and nice and vivid. This could easily be my favorite release of the year. 

:wizards-hat:

On 10/5/2021 at 4:08 PM, Eve said:

I’m happy to hear Lantern is a gourmand pumpkin. I hoped it was!  My sampler is on its way. I’m really looking forward to this collection 😊

I can't wait to hear your review of Lantern, this is one that I'm eyeing but foodie and gourmand usually do not do well on my skin chemistry...

My sampler pack arrived yesterday so I'm attempting to let it rest a full day, but I thought I'd give a high-level initial impression since I haven't done that in quite a while for a collection.

Ambre Fox: I get woody-saffron, which I quite like.

BeeWitched: OMFG this is so gorgeous!!!

Bonflower of Autumn: just like it says, smoky Autumn floral. Definitely in the spirit of the original.

Cassia: Buttery toasty goodness, mmmmm!

Creme Cake: anyone who loves Mara's bakery-type creations will likely go ga-ga for this one too.  Yummy!

Ghost Dust: the tanginess of the fig is on the top, underscored by the resins and musk.  Really nice.

Heartwood: I get pine forest, primarily.

Hemwicke: another favorite for me, spicy pumpkin and Autumn woods, so good!

Holliday: primarily sage-y for me, I think this will be the favorite for the guys.

Infusion 2021: everything you love about the original, but maybe just slightly more tart.

Lantern: the butterscotch/bakery-style pumpkin combo is totally delicious.

Mourning Glory: THAT ROASTED COFFEE BEAN THO - the combo of the coffee bean impression and the incense, aaahh it's amazing!

Rite: definitely lemony resin and it's quite nice and clean - I think dudes will really like this one too.

Sweet Leaf: very much original SUPER with a boozy cast, it's quite intriguing and potent.

Woodland Creatures: very realistic wet Autumnal woods.

I'm not really getting the cinnamon in Cassia but that's not to say it's not there - it will probably come out more on my skin.

I guess it depends on what you'd prefer: cinnamon toast or cinnamon buns.

Lantern is much sweeter than Cauldron Cake, based on my original impression of the latter.

5 hours ago, luna65 said:

My sampler pack arrived yesterday so I'm attempting to let it rest a full day, but I thought I'd give a high-level initial impression since I haven't done that in quite a while for a collection.

Bonflower of Autumn: just like it says, smoky Autumn floral. Definitely in the spirit of the original.

Creme Cake: anyone who loves Mara's bakery-type creations will likely go ga-ga for this one too.  Yummy!

Ghost Dust: the tanginess of the fig is on the top, underscored by the resins and musk.  Really nice.

Holliday: primarily sage-y for me, I think this will be the favorite for the guys.

Infusion 2021: everything you love about the original, but maybe just slightly more tart.

Mourning Glory: THAT ROASTED COFFEE BEAN THO - the combo of the coffee bean impression and the incense, aaahh it's amazing!

Rite: definitely lemony resin and it's quite nice and clean - I think dudes will really like this one too.

Sweet Leaf: very much original SUPER with a boozy cast, it's quite intriguing and potent.

This is super helpful. Thank you for doing it. I'm hoping my sampler gets in before I have to finalize my sale order and now I know which scents to focus on for a quick skin test.

Really looking forward to trying Ghost Dust, Mourning Glory,  and Sweet Leaf. And Infusion,  of course, since I love anything "red" and tart, but I already have 2 bottles of the last brew, so may have to wait on that.

10 hours ago, luna65 said:

I'm not really getting the cinnamon in Cassia but that's not to say it's not there - it will probably come out more on my skin.

I guess it depends on what you'd prefer: cinnamon toast or cinnamon buns.

Lantern is much sweeter than Cauldron Cake, based on my original impression of the latter.

Thank you:)

20 hours ago, luna65 said:

Luna,  thanks so much for giving your impressions of all of these new scents.... Now I need to go and look at the notes in BeeWitched to see if this would be a winner for me?

FYI: Cassia bark EO has a little more of a woody impression, spicy bark, rather than a sweet sugary cinnamon impression. Both are in the Cassia perfume, but it will not be as sweet as Buns of Cinn.

re: Heartwood. The Stag from last Oct was really a true pine forest impression. This year's Heartwood also stars pine, but there is a ton of dry vanilla in it as well as other more perfumey ingredients, so in my view it's more of polished perfume, whereas The Stag was immersion in nature.

Yeah, like I said, these are first impressions - so of course the experience on my skin is going to be something much more evolved.  I imagine the vanilla is going to come out quite a bit for me with Heartwood.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, luna65 said:

Ahh, Lantern sounds so good but it has BI - if there happen to be any virgin bottles of Lantern, put me down for a bottle!

On 10/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, luna65 said:

My sampler pack arrived yesterday so I'm attempting to let it rest a full day, but I thought I'd give a high-level initial impression since I haven't done that in quite a while for a collection.….

What Luna said!   Wet when first applied I’d swear there was civet in it, but that impression did not last more than a minute or two.  Those of you who are not fans of civet needn’t worry. 

I could not wait to open my sampler once it arrived. (It was almost mis-delivered too, but I intercepted the mail person). 

I know I should  wait until it’s had a chance to settle after its journey all the way to the east coast, but I was too impatient.   

There  are so MANY beautiful scents!  Wow!!!

I love Lantern too.  Those are both full bottles for me, and multiple ones at that.  

Cassia is another I like.  I need to make sure the maple in it doesn’t amp (I think maple is listed as a note?). I like that it’s not too sweet.  I agree it’s cinnamon toast, not a cinnamon roll.  

Nose going from wrists (Beewitched) then huffing cleavage (Lantern). I’m a happy girl right now. 

The unisex ones, even though listed as new releases in the men’s section are not too masculine.  I might get a full bottle of Mourning Glory. The coffee note comes out on top, and I enjoy that.  

I’m so distracted right now, I have go read all the notes again, now that I have them here to sniff 😀

2 hours ago, Eve said:

Wet when first applied I’d swear there was civet in it,

I used a deep autumnal honey that I have personally named CIVIT HONEY, wrote it in black sharpie right on the bottle. I totally get what you get there, it def has a civit quality to it, but it is in fact honey! :)

@Potion Master you’re a genius. And Beewitched is so special. The longer it’s on my skin the better it gets.

Thanks for explaining about the perceived  civit (my autocorrect always switches to “civet”)  honey can have so many different scents!  

I’ve had my nose under the neck of the top I’m wearing off and on all day.  The fragrance arising from my cleavage is Just So  GOOD!  (wearing Beewitched). Sooner or later I’m going to get caught in the act by someone, and you know what?  I don’t care.  

Several of the NRs are close to selling out so I wanted to give you an approximate report on available numbers....

There MIGHT be one or two more than these numbers, we'll have to see when the master bottles are completely emptied, I am being conservative.

Ambre Fox: 1 bottle, 6 trials

BeeWitched: Original brew completely sold out. 2nd Ed has around 20 bottles left.

Bonflower of Autumn w/ Charisma Women - 18 bottles, 9 trials

Cassia - 10 bottles, 8 trials

Creme Cake - 6 bottles, 8 trials

Ghost Dust w/ Open Windows - 14 bottles, 12 trials

Heartwood - 10 bottles, 10 trials

Hemwicke - 11 bottles, 9 trials

Holliday - 9 bottles, 10 trials

Infusion - 5 bottles, 8 trials

Lantern w/ Blatant Invitation - 5 bottles, 10 trials

Mourning Glory - 6 bottles, 9 trials

Rite - 3 bottles, 6 trials

Sweet Leaf - 12 bottles, 9 trials

Woodland Creatures w/ Mega Watt - 17 bottles, 18 trials

10 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Rite - 3 bottles, 6 trials

Damn. And I just came in here to say I wore this today and again this afternoon…