Potion Master

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, dolphindolls2 said:

I just started my 2nd invoice and I'm trying to decide if I need Rite @Eastwood22, is it a heavy scent?

No, I wouldn’t say that it’s heavy at all. You could wear it anywhere, anytime. 

Is Ambre Fox a good thrower? I've been debating it but someone in the reviews said soft or skin scent or something along those lines. I just tend to really like stuff that kicks out the jams, haha. The scent itself sounds amazing though. What do you guys say? 

5 hours ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Is Ambre Fox a good thrower? I've been debating it but someone in the reviews said soft or skin scent or something along those lines. I just tend to really like stuff that kicks out the jams, haha. The scent itself sounds amazing though. What do you guys say? 

It is a really strong scent on me. I ordered a full bottle and ended up giving it to my husband because I prefer more subtle scents. It smells good, but was too much for me.

4 hours ago, Kayla said:

It is a really strong scent on me. I ordered a full bottle and ended up giving it to my husband because I prefer more subtle scents. It smells good, but was too much for me.

Awesome!! Thanks so much Kayla!

10 hours ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Is Ambre Fox a good thrower?

I would say so, it gets really deep as it dries down due to the amber.

Mara Fox, you are brilliant. Period. End of. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 infinity...

I received (from the new collection): BeeWitched; Cassia; Creme Cake; Hemwicke; Holliday; Infusion; Lantern

Gorgeous, mysterious, delicious, alllll the adjectives.

Btw, The Stag is beyond my expectations of a pine forest. I need a vat of this majestic scent to fill the house 24/7. 

3 hours ago, Eve said:

@cheeseburger79  I’m still getting used to your new avatar! It’s good to see you posting again though.

I remember that for my first sale, it was you who helped me decide if I wanted to get Highland Fling or not.  (So glad I did😊)

Yay! I'm glad you love it! It's always nice to be back here on the forum. It's the first one I ever joined, almost 13 years ago!! Can't believe it's been so long,haha. LP, well,Mara,  is definitely responsible for starting my lifelong love of scent and learning all I can about it. :)

Luna, thanks again, I added it to my list! Right now I'm swimming in BeeWitched,and this is HEAVENLY!! 

Oh and that avatar is the Vampire Lestat from the Anne Rice books. I love that scoundrel. He's my avatar on fragrantica too. I tried to have a picture of me with my dog, but apparently that was "too big". 

8 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Mara Fox, you are brilliant. Period. End of. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 infinity...

I received (from the new collection): BeeWitched; Cassia; Creme Cake; Hemwicke; Holliday; Infusion; Lantern

Gorgeous, mysterious, delicious, alllll the adjectives.

Btw, The Stag is beyond my expectations of a pine forest. I need a vat of this majestic scent to fill the house 24/7. 

Almost all of us in the shop think this is the best collection so far!

Mara's out done herself :)

Well, damn. I'm sorry. I tried to rebrew Ambre Fox and realized the MAIN amber I built the perfume upon, I used it all up for the original brew. :( Wah.

Things I have actually managed to rebrew this week so far...

Northern Comfort

LP Pink

Merlin's Blend

Voracious

Teddy Man VIRGIN

More to come!

Thank you for all of your hard work! I really appreciate it!

It’s really cool how scent changes perception and adds self confidence and that is one of the things that I have experienced since becoming a customer a couple of years ago. 
so I just wanted to thank you for that. 😊

@cheeseburger79 I thought that might be who your avatar was. Coincidentally I tried to set my much beloved dog  who I lost recently as my avatar, and couldn’t get it small enough either.  What I did to make this avatar the right size I don’t know.  It’s disconcerting seeing my eye looking back at me,  but I can’t seem to get around to trying to create another one.   

This new release is a winner, isn’t it! 

38 minutes ago, Eve said:

@cheeseburger79 I thought that might be who your avatar was. Coincidentally I tried to set my much beloved dog  who I lost recently as my avatar, and couldn’t get it small enough either.  What I did to make this avatar the right size I don’t know.  It’s disconcerting seeing my eye looking back at me,  but I can’t seem to get around to trying to create another one.   

This new release is a winner, isn’t it! 

Yes!! All three that I have tried are! It's an actual near tragedy that I almost missed out on Mourning Glory. THAT is my favorite LP that I e tried so far this year, including the other sale ones I got. Maybe even in years,haha. I can't believe I even waffled on it for a second! 

Between The Creme Cake and the Cassia, what's more potent? I want to add a delicious fall gourmand to my stash. I have The Empress from the tarot collection and that's super oatmeal cookie like to me,so I'm leaning towards Cassia, but I love strong and lasting scents, so what do you guys think between those two? 

On 10/25/2021 at 6:37 PM, Basic Witch said:

Almost all of us in the shop think this is the best collection so far!

Mara's out done herself :)

I always love the Weenies the most, but I believe you all of you think it’s true. I’m barely making it through the trials now and it seems they’ll be gone soon. 🤕

My man is good at testing new scents, but somehow he put on both Sweet Leaf and Heartwood today, the two FB’s we ordered. (He’s also been testing a few of the trials, including Mourning Glory.) 

When I met up with him, he smelled good and I inquired, and he said “I messed up. It’s Sweet Leaf and Morning Wood.” And I laughed, because morning wood, but I know Mara made that for someone’s PE once!

8 hours ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Between The Creme Cake and the Cassia, what's more potent?

Is it too late to suggest Lantern?

Yeah....I went with Cassia. I might try latern in the future if it's still around, but I already had Heimwicke in the mix, and I have quite a few gourmie pumpkins already. Thanks though!! 

DD if you like coffee or resins AT ALL, you will swoon over Mourning Glory! It's my new total favorite. I live BeeWitched too, but there's just something extra special and mysterious about Mourning Glory. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:10 PM, cheeseburger79 said:

DD if you like coffee or resins AT ALL, you will swoon over Mourning Glory! It's my new total favorite. I live BeeWitched too, but there's just something extra special and mysterious about Mourning Glory. 

I'm totally addicted to Morning Glory and purchased another full bottle prior to leaving for a week long business trip, I ordered a sample of Lantern and Rite and immediately came on line tonight to order a FB of Lantern and dang, It's now all gone...

On 11/7/2021 at 11:09 AM, citrine said:

I see Creme Cake and Lantern are sold out? I am glad I ordered FB of each.

So totally bummed that I missed on on Lantern, I just got my sample and it's so amazing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dolphindolls2 said:

@Eastwood22, thank you, I was on another business trip so just seeing this last night, I was able to score a full bottle of lantern, thanks so much for the heads up..

Yay! Makes me want to go put on some Lantern myself! Sadly not appropriate for picking up my son and his friends at school.