across the darkening sky

through the crisp clear air

acknowledge the power of the twilight world

wherein the fairies dwell.

If you venture forth in dusk to seek

the secret of the fairies’ domain

keep to paths trod by those

whose jeweled eyes observe keenly

as you pass before their glittering winged forms.

Scent: An Autumnal walk in the woods.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

FERN ~ Stamina, virility/fertility, sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.

ROSE STEMS ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

OAK LEAF ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

WALNUT ~ Leaves promote fertility, carry nuts to delay pregnancy. Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

WINTERGREEN ~ Protection, healing, hex breaking.

• 2 weeks later...

So soft, so lovely. This has an overall feel of green musk / green tea to me. Sometimes it's hard to tell from reading the ingredients list first how strong the overall effect will be and which ones dominate. Fresh out of the sample vial and wet on my skin, it was mostly fern/oak/wet earth to me. This is unlike the sandalwood/teakwood heavy creations made by commercial perfurmers for the male market. This strikes me as unisex and modern. 

Now that it's about 10 minutes after application and dry on my wrist, the wintergreen note has moved to the background, lending it a 'crisp dewy forest air" vibe and the whole composition is even softer. My mind is thinking there's a wee bit of sugar and amber in there, but it's not. I'm averse to strong rose scents and the use of rose stems here is genius. I think it's whole and lovely on its own and I won't be combining it with anything.  I use Mega Matt during remote work and this is a gorgeous option for that. If you do have contact with co-workers, this will likely either not detect this at all or think you just had a lovely walk in the great outdoors. 🐸

To start with, on me, this is sort of a cross between Betrothal Potion and FROG but without the actual florals of the former or the swampy vibe of the latter.  It's got a garden fresh kind of feel, heavy with morning dew.  There's also something slightly perfume-y to me about it.  And then, after a few minutes to breathe, I can sense the woodsy part coming through.  It gets deeper and crisper.  But the green notes seem to keep this from becoming completely Autumnal, so it is an olfactory portrait of that transitional moment - when you can feel Autumn is coming but it's not quite yet arrived.  I don't know that this makes me think of nighttime so much, really.  But if you enjoy that kind of Fall in a bottle thing but wholly outdoorsy, then this would be the one for you.

• 6 months later...

This is wonderful! It smells like the ingredient list. I can smell them all individually and they blend really well. The wintergreen is very natural. When this first came out I wanted to buy a sample but didn't get around to it until now. Based off the two above reviews I decided to just go full bottle. I'm so glad I did! I got it in a spray because I planned to spray my whole body right out of the shower.

The scent is light after dry down but pretty potent at first. It lasted the whole day with just 2 sprays. I would say this scent leans toward the masculine just a tad. If you like tomboy or nature scents I would recommend. 

Megawatt is a phero blend I enjoy using and yet I don't reach for it very often. I get a better energy boost with other blends but I still enjoy it. I was happy woodland forest is boosted with it. It fits this scent well since the wintergreen and mint make it invigorating on it's own. 

Edited by Artemis

• 7 months later...

I wore this yesterday as a pick-me-up. I kinda wish I had bought a bottle last year because it’s very clean and bright but also winter appropriate, a breath of winter fresh air.