Ghost Dust w/ Open Windows

AD-GhostDust_540x.jpg?v=1633323157

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Ethereal dusty resins with a hint of spiced fig.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.

BANYAN FRUIT ~ A type of Fig, which shares many of the same qualities and also a few of it’s own due to it’s unique nature. Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality. Treat Banyan Trees with respect to avoid the wrath of the tree spirits that dwell within.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

CINNAMON and CASSIA BARK ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Used in ancient mummification rituals.

This is another one I really wanted to try because I'm a fan of The Sand Box and Enchanted Wonderland, but there's something about this which is different enough to distinguish it, even as it's the same kind of idea (IMO).  The fig has a nice tartness but it's not too tangy, just the right amount.  It's a fresh fig - not even a green fig, necessarily, but a fresh-picked fig.  There's just a slight earthiness but not as much as with TSB.  The resins really cradle the fig so beautifully, so silky-smooth, it's such a beautiful combination.  The musk is also not as distinct like in TSB, but it's pulling everything together, which is characteristic of the use of musk in a fragrance.  I'm expecting it to emerge more prominently in the long drydown.

Definitely unisex in that there's only a natural kind of sweetness but it's not a distinct impression, just a note within the construction entire.  Fig is generally a good note for men's scents I think.

ETA: the myrrh comes out after a while, and it's so nice - it reminds me of something but I'm not sure what.

I was expecting something sugary, just from the name and the guesses in the new release thread. This is not a candy/sugar

scent! I put some on in the car while rushing around and driving to teach a class.

First Impression-

It instantly made me feel “fresher,” like how Elemental:Air does with the ozone accord. I was in a hurry so didn’t get to think about it much after that, but it helped to calm me down. And I don’t think it was the Opem Windows, it was that I suddenly smelled put together.  

Second Impression-
It’s so lovely and comforting, it also smells expensive! Five hours after sampling, it’s settled into a soft musk, sandalwood and myrrh on me. There are many musks that are too intense for me, but this one is perfectly balanced here. 

I do lean heavily towards gourmands, BUT I like to have a few “fancy” perfumes. This reminds me of two pretty bottles (with pretty ladies on them) from the Winter 2018 releases, Gossamer Threads with Cuddle Bunny and Luxurious w/ Blatant Invitation. For reference, the musk is softer than Gossamer Threads, but if you love those than you’d love this. I’m not doing a side-by-side, just my opinion from memory. I believe the sweetness level is similar to Luxurious, with the Banyan / Fig. And even though I love both of those perfumes, and the gorgeous labels, I think that Ghost Dust is more wearable for me. 

I know I can’t have them all, but I will be considering a FB on this one. And with Open Windows it’s infinitely more wearable in public than the Luxurious with the BI. 

This started out very cool and dark and reminded me of Nox: Nyx when I first put it on, but the longer I wear it, the sweeter the fig gets and the more the myrrh comes out.  Now it's sort of a vanilla myrrh sweetened by fig.  It's nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This one is so beautiful! If you haven’t checked it out for a while, re-visit! It’s seems much more smooth than when it originally arrived.

• 6 months later...

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Do not wear this if you want to be alone. I wore it last night to work as usher/ guest services at a show. (The Last Waltz at the Fox In Oakland.) My job is basically to smile and point, also not let people burst out upper balcony doors and jump to their deaths. Pretty easy stuff, no talking required. 

I was a virtual magnet for staff and other ushers, who had 99 excuses to talk to me. This included asking me about random products I’d recommend, and then asking me to text them the link from my phone. A runner for the band found his way up to me and after a while said “I’d stay up here with you all night but I have to bring the band their dinner.” Um, okay. Go do your job plz. I wouldn’t have cared except I planned on listening to an online course on my earbuds during all the down time, and I spent it all saying “no thank you” to candy and beverage offers from random strangers, and denying that I could be found on social media. 

Edited by Eastwood22