Infusion 2021

Beccah

AD-Infusion_540x.jpg?v=1633317949

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Black Raspberry over deep, dark, exotic musks. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.

BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.

CHERRY WOOD ~ Love and lust spells, divination, connection to the land of the departed.

POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all - kudos to the artwork ! it so perfectly depicts the vibe of this Love Potion offering.

I ripped open the box and slathered this goodness all over me. So it's still suffering from travel shock - I greeted the USPS at the door, hehe. Comparing it to my old bottle of Sang Real, it doesn't have quite the same "sex & blood" vibe but it might with aging. This is deeper and more sensual than Raspberry Chiffon but with that same lovely berry vibe. Over the years I have written about my oldest son and his love of Raspberry Chiffon. He came upstairs (still living with us due to pandemic) and immediately noted the berry scent in my office where I'm working remotely. He sniffed the bottle and then remarked on how different it smells on me than out of the bottle. Now about 20 minutes later, it's very very mild on me with little throw. I can imagine this will be killer with a bit of aging. This is the scent combo I always crave this time of year and it's purrfect !!!

Comparing this to the original Infusion, they are similar.  The new brew is sweeter, whereas the original version has had the benefit of aging and evolved into a boho kind of vibe.  The original has a more sort of linear raspberry impression, the new brew is more of a berry basket kind of thing, the cherrywood really pops.  I think that the new version is different enough that if you're a fan of the original then you might want to consider getting this as well while you can!

• 10 months later...

I waited until my man was out of town to revisit this one, some musks AND some berries don’t work with my skin. He can also be put off by too many resins, and I was expecting this to be heavier. On me, it’s nothing but smooth. The musk is just right and doesn’t feel like perfume, it blends well with my skin. The fruit is all grown up, I’d say confidently and contentedly sexy berries. I don’t get bright fruit, or even tart, it’s very smooth to my nose. There is no competitive between the fruit and the musk, they’re combining perfectly to make a very unique scent that stays close to the skin. I could see this becoming some sexy lady’s signature scent. I tend to lean spa/herbal for bed, but this could work as a nighttime perfume for me, as someone who loves NOX: Nyx w/Teddy BB fox bedtime.