Hemwicke

Beccah

AD-Hemwicke_540x.jpg?v=1633316183

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Dark smokey woods and spicy pumpkin.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.

OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

This is generally the type of pumpkin scent I prefer: earthy and spicy.  It's got a bit of sweetness in it but not enough that I think it would deter the guys.  The woodsmoke/woods element is more to the back of the construction for me, with the spicy pumpkin up front, but still it blends together well enough to give an overall impression of a darker Autumnal/Halloween-type scent.  If you liked Conjurer you will probably like this one too, although they're different expressions of a similar concept.

ETA: in the long drydown, the sandalwood comes more to the fore.

Oh wow, I made a huge mistake not getting a full bottle of this one. :hearts0425: My skin is always going to take a scent to it's sweetest expression, so this reads as dark, mysterious feminine on me. The spice, the resin, and the pumpkin combo of notes are very prominent. I may have slathered a bit too much out of the vial, but I regret nothing. I will use more sparingly next time as a little goes a long way.

Update: Hemwicke seems to net some beneficial social effects. Probably because one smells like the best pumpkin scent of the season. Idk, it definitely had a popularity type effect at the Medspa open house sale I was at yesterday. I had to check to see if this has pheromones. 

Edited by Beccah

• 4 weeks later...

So I couldn't decide which scent to wear today and blindly chose this one.  This, this right here is really nice.  I can pick up the spice very prominently with pumpkin hovering in the background for me.  It's there but not strongly enough for me to smell like a human pumpkin pie.  The woods and the frankincense started to come to the fore after a bit and the whole thing overall just smells warm, cozy and inviting.  I could see myself easily wearing this all through the holiday season.  So very nice!