and there is a certain scent upon the air

I know it is my true love calling

from within the wood

where they have changed him.

He promised me treasures fair

yet never returned

I fear he is spelled by those who dwell therein

the spirits fair, their powers vast

have claimed his soul and transformed him.

His sweetness calls to me from so far away

and I can only hope those who keep him now

know the depths of his whole heart

in whatever form, no longer a man

but his spirit still yearns.

Scent: Warm woods and pine blended with cozy soft vanilla.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

PINE (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

BIRCH ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

PALO SANTO ~ Cleansing and purification.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't gone through all my samples yet, but so far this is my favorite. The scent is a sort of clean woodlands with just a hint of sweet which puts it in unisex territory. FB for sure

I agree with @oceanjewel ! 

Usually this time of year I go for the sexy spicy stuff - but this little beauty just stole my heart. I read the name as "Hearthwood" on the sample vial and then couldn't find an entry for it :) 

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to adequately explain why I love this so much. Applied wet, I was smelling woods and Wintergreen, so I was thinking...oh nice, a snowy woodland scent. But then it immediately morphed into...this enchanting, heart-warming, welcome home to me, emotionally supportive, quiet, complex creation. Do NOT be fooled into thinking this is just another one of those obligatory outdoorsy scents for this time of year. The energy from this is just very unique. Palo santo and birch ? Brilliant ! The amber ties it altogether for me. 

This may be my second 60/40 bottle purchase of this year. I find I'm plenty sensitive enough with just the perfume oil rollerballs for most of the creations - but this beauty shimmers and envelops and I think for me, I would enjoy spraying it on my tops, maybe even on the back just to feel completely surrounded by it. 

This may even be my favorite scent of 2021...it's just so supportive for the stress of this year. 

🌲🌳🌾🌿🍂

I like this one too.  (And it’s my favorite label). I enjoy woodsy scents, but don’t usually wear them often.  Is is unisex, would love smelling on a guy, whether or not I’d use up a full bottle for myself, probably not, but that is only personal preference. It’s everything androstenal and oceanjewel said.

I really love the smell of Palo Santo. My only complaint with it, in anything, is that it's never as strong as I want it to be. Overall Heartwood is more subtle on my skin, it's something that you'll want to lean in closer to catch a whiff of. My skin as usual, amps the sweeter notes and aspects of this. The Palo Santo, cedar, sandalwood, and vanilla linger and overtake the other notes. I regret not putting in for a full bottle on my last order. Heartwood will also smell amazing on a man.

Hubby is loving this so much he's asking for his own FB. This NEVER happens !! So a 60/40 spray for me and a FB for him. He may be doing some traveling in the New Year and this would be a very neat way to feel connected by wearing the same scent sometimes. Yeah ~ I'm a romantic like that 💞

This starts out very piney on me, but I'm not complaining, as it's a note I do enjoy in fragrance.  But gradually that soft powdery aura of the vanilla/resins comes in and I enjoy the contrast between the two qualities.

It is a snuggly kind of scent in a similar fashion to Carry On (even though olfactory-wise they're entirely different), or even Northern Comfort or Peace & Calm.  For me, this is like weekend and staying inside kinda vibes.  And definitely unisex if you enjoy woods/resins on the somewhat softer side.

ETA: the long drydown is really so so good!

• 1 month later...

@androstenol if I understand correctly, you went for this in the 60/40 spray, is your man rocking the oil or is he also wearing Heartwood in a spray? 
I’m asking because my man loves this one but wishes it had more throw, thinking I might make it into a spray for him. Do you have any thoughts on which you prefer for this scent?