BeeWitched

Beccah

AD-BeeWitched_540x.jpg?v=1633308320

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Dirty sexy honeyed rose. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

HONEY & BEE POLLEN ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Well, this absolutely does smell like roses, but I would not call it a typical floral perfume.  SLF? yes.  I commented in the new releases thread that when first applied there seems to be a civet note, but that is fleeting.  Mara said it was the type of honey she used.

It wears pretty close to the skin, even when first applied, but it has staying power.  Depending on where it is applied seems to affect the scent hours later.   In warmer areas such as the cleavage, it retained more of the roses scent, wrists ended up mainly a honeyed musk.  But this was my first wearing, and it still theoretically can change after it settles from travel.  

What a gift it is to me, a long time rose grower, who has never found a rose perfume to love.  This one I do! :heart0974:

I made a deal with myself not to look at the labels before sampling each of the vials in the Autumn/Winter 2021 collection and I'm so glad I did.

I got an immediate nose orgasm from this one !!! It struck me as Love Potion Pink/ OCCO/ Amber/ Honey/ Sexpionage sort of a mixture. This absolutely has to happen in my life. Do NOT be afraid of this one if you generally don't love rose. I just does this amazingly erotic marriage with the other ingredients to make it sooooo confidently feminine. It's also purrfect now - I can't even what a sex bomb this might turn into after a few months of maturing. Holy moley. 

:purr:

@androstenol it is a sex bomb, isn’t it?  I originally planned to have Mara boost one with BI, but my order got complicated, and ultimately I didn’t. This would really be good with any of 5he heavier hitting phero blends.  Sexpionage, BI, even Cuddle Bunny or Bang Bang.  I did get one boosted with cops though.  

BeeWitched has already sold out, so I did a rebrew yesterday. I need a couple of days for it to meld and do any necessary tweaks...I had all of the same ingredients so it should be very close, but being hand blended, each brew edition is always a tiny bit different.

7 hours ago, Potion Master said:

BeeWitched has already sold out

wow, as soon as I opened the vial on this one I knew it'd be a hit, but it went FAST! does that happen a lot? I haven't stalked the new releases in a looong time

As I noted in my summation in the NR thread, BeeWitched is gorgeous.  I think I was pretty apt with the name if I do say so myself.

When Mara and I discussed this one I lost my mind immediately because one of my all-time favorite scents she's created was the Sugared Babe private edition (the very first, I believe) which was honey, rose, vanilla and amber.  Part of what makes it so decadent is the richness of the rose mingling the rest of it, and there's that same kind of spirit in this one.

The high concept is Sugared Roses meets SLF.

The thing is, I wouldn't say this is as out-and-out raunchy as what you would expect from an SLF-type scent, and I think the rose and the sugars gives it a more "pretty" sort of aura.  It is very sexy for sure, but in a different way than I expected.  The musk doesn't read as too dirty either, at least to me.  It's just intensifying the scent as a whole. But the honeyed rose quality is the center of the construction, just so beautiful and feminine and deep.  It feels to me like a dress which is very femme but also has something playfully suggestive about it.  One of those perfumes where you want to spend as much time smelling yourself as allowing anyone else to get up close to enjoy it.  To just revel in your own beauty and deliciousness.

ETA: the sillage on this one is powerful, so I would start out conservatively at first, and then progress as needed. :666:

I agree with everything Luna just said. (At least in regards to Beewitched, as I wasn’t around for Sugared Babe). The first couple of times I wore it, it did seem like it stayed close to the skin, but yesterday when I put it on, the silage had increased quite a bit.  And the scent lingers a looong time.  

It seems like there was a SLF OCCO at one time?  Something to that effect anyway, and sadly that one did not work for me.  

This is a seriously feminine sultry sexy fragrance that has a refined feel.  On one hand it is deeply sexy, but yet it’s something that would not be inappropriate to wear in any setting. Words can’t adequately express how much I love it.   And yes, @luna65 it is bewitching—a perfect name for it! 

17 minutes ago, Eve said:

It seems like there was a SLF OCCO at one time?  Something to that effect anyway, and sadly that one did not work for me.  

Yes, from the Valentine collection in 2012.

I just put this on and it’s beautiful!!!

I don’t like rose scents or florals often but this is good as is everything else Mara makes. 
This is sultry and steamy and almost silky like that feeling with satin sheets or pajamas. 
This is good and it has a powerful feminine aura. it’s sexy but not a behind closed doors only scent.

3 hours ago, Vika said:

I just put this on and it’s beautiful!!!

I don’t like rose scents or florals often but this is good as is everything else Mara makes. 
This is sultry and steamy and almost silky like that feeling with satin sheets or pajamas. 
This is good and it has a powerful feminine aura. it’s sexy but not a behind closed doors only scent.

One might even say it's Bewitching ;)

21 hours ago, luna65 said:

In the sense that it contains ingredients for love and sex attraction, I suppose you could say that.

I tested this out in public yesterday and people were very nice to me and I saw some stares. Lol

so I wasn’t sure if it was me or the magic. No over the top reactions but subtle.

I do like this scent it’s very comforting and powerful at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious, has anyone tried the re-brew of this yet? I barely tested my trial and it was sold out, so I don’t know if I want to test it again if it means I’ll end up kicking myself…

2 hours ago, Eve said:

@Eastwood22 I want to know too!  I did get some of original brew, but would like more if it’s close.  Mara said she still had all of the ingredients….

Wearing it now, can’t figure out what it reminds me of but it’s familiar. Waiting for the go-ahead to love it! ❤️

I have the rebrew and it smells similar to the original but a little more powdery with the rose. I’m going to let it sit to meld some more but basically they’re the same. :) 

yes I agree with the sexed up  heart chakra!

4 hours ago, anchoredinopulence said:

Kinda reminds me of a sexed up Chakra: Heart! Love it to bits and likewise curious about the rebrew.

I’ll have to check that out for comparison tomorrow. Thank you!

I took a chance on the rebrew and ordered one as spray with phero.  I got it with Charisma for Women, which may not be as congruent as much as BI or LFN, but I wanted something that can be as a spray and social phero, rather than sexy. Popularity Potion has been great for me personally.  Hoping the new formulation is as great. I already have roller bottles boosted with cops.  

On 10/16/2021 at 8:19 AM, luna65 said:

There's usually at least 1 or 2 in a collection which just go "Poof!" in record time.

I feel like I just won something, I’m wearing Beewitched and it’s not for me!  Love it in the vial, the rose goes soapy on me fairly quick.
It’s so nice when Mara makes something beloved and I cannot figure what all the fuss is about. I will have to live another 100 years to wear all the perfumes I already own so I am relieved I’m not drawn to this one as well. Horray for my wonky skin chemistry!

On 11/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Eve said:

I took a chance on the rebrew and ordered one as spray with phero.  I got it with Charisma for Women, which may not be as congruent as much as BI or LFN, but I wanted something that can be as a spray and social phero, rather than sexy. Popularity Potion has been great for me personally.  Hoping the new formulation is as great. I already have roller bottles boosted with cops.  

Oooh, I've read some of your PP reviews...and all I can say is that I'm looking forward to the stories that follow! Bewitched and Charisma ...I'm just imagining everyone around you in awe like this: 🤩 Like one of those shampoo commercials where the lady flips her hair and everyone just stops in their tracks!

@hedgehog Shampoo commercial 😀. Perfect!  That’s what PP/C4W should have on its label!  I know some of us have found Cougar to have a sexier vibe, and maybe it does.  I just know that PP was “my” phero.  I’m assuming C4W will be the same.  

Another social/sexy phero that comes to mind for this as a spray is LFM or Lumina, I considered it, but have a full bottle of LFN, and about half of a Lumina one.  

My order has shipped,  yay!

@Eastwood22 that is a very positive way of looking at it. 

That’s why just reading the notes is only part of the story.  I loved Wild Cherry, but Special Delivery did not work for me at all, even though they shared some of the same nuances. 

My order of the rebrew for Beewitched came this week.  I love it too!

@Vikasaid the new one was a little more powdery for her, but I didn’t notice this.  On the other hand, I’ve only used the spray which is boosted with C4W, so that likely affects it a bit anyway.  I got a rollerball too, but didn’t crack the seal.  No opportunity to test out how my boosted version affects others, as I’ve not been out in the public wearing it yet.  

I am debating on a spray in this and also a couple other sprays because I can buy my own Christmas gifts. Lmao. Now that the rebrew has had some time to sit, they’re basically identical. 

@Vika I’m glad to hear it.  I like it in spray, I have one just spray, and of course the one I just got boosted with phero.  I have perfumer’s alcohol, but it’s so convenient having it arrive ready to go helps me justify the extra expense.  

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my package yesterday, I got a FB of this and I am really glad I did. I finally get what the fuss was all about, it smells so divine! At a moment it reminds me a bit of LP Rouge, so I definitely plan to apply it with LFM. Gonna let it rest and then try it again. But it smells really really great!

• 1 year later...

I got the last bottle that was available after read someone raving about it in several threads 🙂 I wish there were more bottles.

I agree with Luna. It’s beautiful and sensual. Especially after blooming. Beewitched doesn’t come across as the ‘dirty honey’ to me, it’s very different from let’s say Sugared Honeycomb. It’s flowery and deliciously honeyed and also a bit mature and tremendously alluring