Creme Cake

Beccah

AD-CremeCake_540x.jpg?v=1633311493

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Sweet cream-filled oatmeal cookies. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

COCONUT CREAM ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

CINNAMON and CASSIA BARK ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Used in ancient mummification rituals.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

The big question...does this smell like a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie?  Reader, I would assert it smells so much better.

Fans of any kind of oatmeal-y scent which Mara has created in the past should adore this too, although it is decidedly sugary, which is as it should be.

Awww that’s cute. But I was never a little Debbie’s oatmeal cake fan. (Ex husband is lol). 

I like this. To me it is a  seasonal type scent. And right now is the season 🎃.

Last night   I layered it with some OCCO Mocha, and I truly did smell delicious.  The spices  the cinnamon become more prominent after it was  on for a while, and eventually  overwhelmed the coffee note from the OCCO Mocha, but that may have been because of the ratio I used for them.    I didn’t notice an actual cake/cookie type accord though, which is probably best with my unpredictable skin chemistry. 

@Eve as it's on my right wrist, I will agree with you that I also don't get a cake accord but I do get the oatmeal cookie! If I were to compare it to Fairy Cake Oatmeal, the oatmeal isn't as dominant, wears better on my skin, and Creme Cake isn't quite as sweet as FC Oatmeal. The spice perks up over time, as Eve already mentioned. 

It's kind of making me hungry. 

This one honestly makes me so hungry!

But not for anything I really need to be eating haha!

Creme Cake in a nut shell simply reminds me of being back in baking school!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Vika said:

I agree with @citrinethis is very cozy and has a mother Goddess feel. It gives me confidence wearing it for some reason too. 

Yeah, right?!?

I've been wearing it almost all week. I think it’s a pretty underrated scent.

8 hours ago, citrine said:

Yeah, right?!?

I've been wearing it almost all week. I think it’s a pretty underrated scent.

Yes! I wore it again today! It smells so good!!! Where Buns of Cinn is more pastry type with a lot of cinnamon. This is lighter like coffee crumb cake and the cinnamon is so delicious! I’ve been layering it with sugared banana but I might try sugared coconut over it too.  

• 1 year later...

On Day 0 for me, Creme Cake (2021) was strong and I did not like it. Something did not agree with me and I actually felt somewhat sick when I smelled it. When Mara suggested this to me because I missed out on Fairy Cake: Oatmeal, I was initially worried about the cinnamon. It's there in a well-blended way that gives this more depth and does not smell like an Autumn candle. 🍂🕯 I think what I actually had an issue with was the coconut cream. I left it alone and kept trying it every once in a while. This mellowed out more and more each day. I started to truly appreciate how Mara blends fragrances because it really changed after resting, until one day, it just became delicious. Now it smells like a nice and comforting creamy cake with sweet frosting. The overall feel is oily and sheer

I have to compare this to Soul Cakes because although their notes are different, I kept wondering when I was checking out their review threads before, how are they different? They are both cakes. I usually try them out one on each wrist. In terms of potency, Soul Cakes is stronger. When I have them both on my wrists, I smell a delicious, dessert sweetness when I'm out and about, but I know I'm smelling Soul Cakes because it has more sillage. It also gives me a slightly boozy vibe in the beginning. I think I get that from its very forward maple and the raisin/grape. 

It's been over 2 weeks (Day 19) since I received my package and I have this on again on my left wrist with Soul Cakes on my right wrist. I put on Soul Cakes first, but that one is still staying strong. Creme Cake is now very mild and seems to have faded, but I can still smell it when I get up close. As a scent by itself, I prefer Soul Cakes. However, together with other scents, Creme Cake works better. I tried layering Soul Cakes with Black Panther and Soul Cakes just overwhelmed it. I have Black Panther now underneath a layer of Creme Cake and the vibe I'm getting from it is that Black Panther transformed into a woman with oily, sexy skin. I also have a patch that I layered with The Cream Mother and it mellowed out the cardamom note for me.  

This could be nice for layering if the scent lasts well on your skin. I'm considering getting the 2022 version, Torta de Crema, because it's still available and I would really like something creamy and/or cakey for layering. What's holding me back though is this fades quite quickly on my skin. I actually reapplied Creme Cake to the patches of Black Panther and The Cream Mother on my arm just now because it faded so quickly even though it hasn't been an hour yet. I would like the scent to last longer so it can continue mellowing out and giving a creamy vibe to whatever I layer it with, but I find that the scent disappears and I'm just left with the impression of oil. 🪔

• 3 months later...

On me, this reminds me of a shortbread cookie dough or rich buttery cake batter instead of a finished/fully baked cake. It’s thick. Works great as a cops cover