Pherotine 2022 Releases!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOW THE HECK DID I MISS DAY 1?? I was getting messages in my inbox. I was waiting patiently...good thing I went ahead and checked 

I probably should have known, when people stop posting, it's because the shop has opened and they are busy choosing! 

Me, too! The Queen Bee trial was sold out, so I got a full bottle spray, 10 of the Pherotine UNs, full bottles of Allumette, Let It Shine, and Material Squirrel! Samples of Buns of Cinn and OCCO: SLF.

Now just waiting for my ship to come in so I can go back for another round. 40% off 30 samples is excellent! Except I tend to talk myself into full bottles.

For context, I was at the tail end of my once-robust collection, and the timing couldn't have been better.

Whew, I didn’t know I had this much restraint! 😂 There’s quite a few I wanted full bottles of, several full bottles of a couple, but the pheros are new to me so I just got samples. I think I’m a non responder myself when it comes to the ones I wear but I’m interested to see what these new ones bring out of others! Mara, your combinations, Luna, your stories and descriptions🥰 lp team, you’re all phenomenal!

When there is a big release, I normally order all the trials and usually not more than 2 or 3 full bottles, and the FB’s are usually rebrews or prior perfume variants that I know I’ll love. Over time, I’ve purchased fewer full bottles without smelling them first, because there is always at least one trial that comes to my house that I never would’ve suspected I'd love that I absolutely must have. It involves a little more patience, but then I’ll end up with a second order for the big bottles. The only FB I chose this time was Liebchen, but I bet we end up with at least 5-10 of them by May, and then a few more later in the year.

Mara says the coupon codes are live, so you can make a set of whatever you want then plug that in and see what the total will be minus the discount.  The set has to be ten or more to activate the 20% discount.

The code is: 20-OFF-10-BOTTLES

My order arrived!  It’s too early to review, and I don’t know how much they will change after they settle either. 

However……

(haha. I just thought it would be funny if I didn’t write anything else— but I will)

Snoozle reminds me of the last version of Velvet Kisses

Buns of Cinnamon keeps changing on me from the moment I put it on, to a couple of hours later.  I have never sniffed any previous version for comparisons sake.  When first applied, other than cinnamon, I’d swear there was some sort of a smoke accord, that switched up to a vague coconut undercurrent which also disappeared.

Now I’m getting a bit of buttery-ness. (I have no idea how to spell that!  Likely not a real word)  also some pecan peaking out.  I think I just have to let it rest…

Ruzina Prasina didn’t particularly smell of roses,  Now it has mellowed, although not much rose yet And yes, I need to let it recover from travel. 

Material Squirrel  seems closest to the notes listed,  or at least how I interpret how those notes should smell together. I’m encouraged that the maple is causing no disruption whatsoever.  I can’t even pick it out.  I do get the cedar, and am happy it’s not super sweet nor milky.  I need to check if there are virgin bottles available. 

Allumette started out a bit (only slightly) guest soapy.  But that went away, and I’m liking it a lot, my nose seems to involuntarily plant itself on my wrist! 

The others I ordered I’ve just opened and sniffed.  I’m totally on overload. 

@luna65  if you want to relocate this post, I won’t be offended in the least.  I just didn’t know where to put it.  The individual new releases aren’t up in the reviews section yet…

Edited by Eve

No it's fine where it is! :)

Thanks for giving us some first impressions, but yeah - as evidenced when I did it for the Fall-Winter collection last year, sniffing stuff right out of the box can be confusing sometimes.

@citrine  Turns out my 😇 good intentions to wait a bit to try anything just was not meant to be. I tried Carica with Sexology and even in its potential travel shock state, it smells wonderful! Very much like a fruity, creamy coconut-y mixed drink.

Also sniffed Rooted with H&S...first impression is a cool, clean green scent. Kind of reminded me of cucumbers, though I know that’s not one of the listed notes.

@androstenol be proud!  A few years ago I watched this special on PBS (I think) on a research project seeking to find common denominators on what made some people successful in life, and others not.  They concluded that one important factor was those who are able to exert self control were the ones who were most likely to excel. 

One part of it focused on a group of preschoolers.  They set a piece of candy (or cookie, don’t remember) in front of the child who was seated at a table.  The child was told that if they ate the treat, that was okay, but if they left it sit there while the adult left the room, and it was still there when  the adult came back into the room, they could have an entire box of them, instead of just the one piece .  

Some children could do it, others couldn’t resist.  I remember one little girl crying because she couldn’t stop herself—just sobbing her heart out as she ate it.  

So see, you (semi) passed  the test.  I did not.  Many will not. :lol:

(ahem, @RosesArePink but you only tried one.  Sniffing I think doesn’t count)   

And, on that note, I broke out the Figue de Lune.  OMG it transported me to a happy place deep in a shady green forest.  Sooo lovely.  And, I could swear there is guava in it, but maybe just the combo.  Wonderful concept @luna65

Edited by Eve

Note to would-be reviewers:  I have created all of the Women's scents review threads and a few of the Unisex ones as well.  I should have everything else completed tomorrow, I appreciate your patience.

:abfx:

9 hours ago, Eve said:

My order arrived!  It’s too early to review, and I don’t know how much they will change after they settle either. 

However……

(haha. I just thought it would be funny if I didn’t write anything else— but I will)

Snoozle reminds me of the last version of Velvet Kisses

Buns of Cinnamon keeps changing on me from the moment I put it on, to a couple of hours later.  I have never sniffed any previous version for comparisons sake.  When first applied, other than cinnamon, I’d swear there was some sort of a smoke accord, that switched up to a vague coconut undercurrent which also disappeared.

Now I’m getting a bit of buttery-ness. (I have no idea how to spell that!  Likely not a real word)  also some pecan peaking out.  I think I just have to let it rest…

Ruzina Prasina didn’t particularly smell of roses,  Now it has mellowed, although not much rose yet And yes, I need to let it recover from travel. 

Material Squirrel  seems closest to the notes listed,  or at least how I interpret how those notes should smell together. I’m encouraged that the maple is causing no disruption whatsoever.  I can’t even pick it out.  I do get the cedar, and am happy it’s not super sweet nor milky.  I need to check if there are virgin bottles available. 

Allumette started out a bit (only slightly) guest soapy.  But that went away, and I’m liking it a lot, my nose seems to involuntarily plant itself on my wrist! 

The others I ordered I’ve just opened and sniffed.  I’m totally on overload. 

@luna65  if you want to relocate this post, I won’t be offended in the least.  I just didn’t know where to put it.  The individual new releases aren’t up in the reviews section yet…

Oh now I can't wait to try Snoozle and Material Squirrel even more!!!! :D

7 hours ago, RosesArePink said:

@citrine  Turns out my 😇 good intentions to wait a bit to try anything just was not meant to be. I tried Carica with Sexology and even in its potential travel shock state, it smells wonderful! Very much like a fruity, creamy coconut-y mixed drink.

Also sniffed Rooted with H&S...first impression is a cool, clean green scent. Kind of reminded me of cucumbers, though I know that’s not one of the listed notes.

Ohhhh, thank you! Carica sounds yummy! 

Thought maybe this might be helpful for some people who like/try to be organized about their collections? This is the worksheet that Luna and I used to create this set, that then got turned into a printout for the shop that people can read while sniffing them. There's so many this month, I thought it might be useful. You can print it or copy it and add your own notes to your copy. (You'll have to print it sideways.) Have a look, here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vos8ObRuH7v-SYvfT0CsdOzCPIL_oxeYANGV8qRkNS4/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Thought maybe this might be helpful for some people who like/try to be organized about their collections? This is the worksheet that Luna and I used to create this set, that then got turned into a printout for the shop that people can read while sniffing them. There's so many this month, I thought it might be useful. You can print it or copy it and add your own notes to your copy. (You'll have to print it sideways.) Have a look, here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vos8ObRuH7v-SYvfT0CsdOzCPIL_oxeYANGV8qRkNS4/edit?usp=sharing

Wow, this is great! And incredibly helpful. I love me a good chart!

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Thank you for this!!

I just ordered the samplers with the discount code... I have learned as others stated above to test something out first and then purchase full bottles...Since I've been here for awhile, I know the notes that will not work with my chemistry and I have found that by trying these out, I find winners for my skin that I would not have guessed would work...I'm so happy Mara that you offered this discount up and this really helps me out in picking a scent...thanks

10 hours ago, Potion Master said:

@Potion Master, this is so helpful...thanks so much

At this point I have to log off of the site... i have now ordered all the trial vials and 9 FBs. Material Squirrel(2), Black Pearl, Leibchen, Clementine, Domina (roll on and spray), Sacred Flame and Mothers Little Helper. Money well spent!! 

On 3/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, Potion Master said:

I love this!  Thank you!! 🥰

You may have noticed I have been manually refunding 10% when an order for over $100 is made, when the other coupon codes do not apply. So I just added a manual coupon code you can add at checkout for that occasion:

If you are ordering a mix of different things, old and new, and none of the above applies to your order, but you are spending more than $100, use this code at checkout to get 10% off:

10OFF100

This temporarily replaces the automatic 10% OFF discount, which I had to remove so that other, larger discounts could be applied.

All the different codes for this month can be found here:

https://lovepotionperfume.com/products/pherotine-2022-coupon-codes

1 hour ago, Leanna said:

@Potion Master Will this collection be available on Etsy?

Etsy gives us a very hard time posting pheros, doesn't allow unscented pheros, and does not allow spell potions, so, I will put them up on the LUV site, which is owned by Etsy and uses Etsy checkout, but not on Etsy proper. Will this work for you? I will be doing this later today, I have a couple more urgent things to do, then will get to this.

www.LUVPotionPerfume.com

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

Etsy gives us a very hard time posting pheros, doesn't allow unscented pheros, and does not allow spell potions, so, I will put them up on the LUV site, which is owned by Etsy and uses Etsy checkout, but not on Etsy proper. Will this work for you? I will be doing this later today, I have a couple more urgent things to do, then will get to this.

www.LUVPotionPerfume.com

Oh I see. I didn't know much about Etsy rules. No worries, I prefer to order from your LOVE site and I've already ordered 4 bottles. :)

Ok! For those who prefer Etsy checkout, the NRs are now posted on our LUV site:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/shop/21642631/new-releases

You can also ask for an invoice, as no discounts are enabled on that one, only via invoice or the main LP site.

Our email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Initial impressions this morning as I am testing a bunch of the new LPs before my shower. I have on Pax, which is definitely going to my husband, The Cream Mother (heavenly), and Sacred Flame (WOW - intoxicating, and I need several more FBs). I'll get to full reviews once I've worn them longer. I think I'm going to try Material Squirrel after I'm showered as my scent of the day.  :)

On 3/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, Potion Master said:

www.LUVPotionPerfume.com

@Potion Master will you be participating in the temporary Etsy store-on-vacation strike? It’s my understanding that they’re hiking their fees by 30%? I don’t know the details as I’m not an Etsy seller, just a shopper.

4 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Potion Master will you be participating in the temporary Etsy store-on-vacation strike? It’s my understanding that they’re hiking their fees by 30%? I don’t know the details as I’m not an Etsy seller, just a shopper.

Um, no. I didn't know anything about the strike. I saw that email go by a week or so ago, re their price hike, and thought little of it. To put it in perspective, they are raising their rates from 5% to 6.5%. There is no online sales entity that charges less then 6.5%. None. It is perfectly fair for their services which includes the processing of the funds and hosting of the shops. For our own site, we are paying both PayPal and Shopify per item sold, which totals at least that amount, (not to mention all the other domain and hosting fees), and when we were on Amazon, they took 25-30%. I might not like it, but it's by no means unreasonable in the current climate. But thank you for telling me about it. I will look into it further and see if I feel that participating in the strike would result in any positive change.

@Potion Master thanks for the breakdown! I was reading it as if they were taking 30% of the sales price! I also get nickeled and dimed in my business, on all ends, but it’s a part of doing business online. Of course I’d also prefer to keep the money people intend to give to me! 

• 1 month later...

I feel so robbed not being able to use all of these. I have been avoiding pheromones since I got sick, only used UN Mega Watt when I have zero energy like today and Material Squirrel occasionally.